Turkish Chatter

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Turkish Chatter

Discussion group for all women with Turkish men in their lives

+30
askim
honey
Yohan
davina
Richard
Amandar
William909
pinkstar
Briar Rose
Gloria78
Philllipa
susan
sophia08
Pollypecker
Gamze
hyatum
SozzledSally
Teenz
ruby
Boreks
silansmum
Karaboga1
Deniz
tommisina
Maria
lilly79
choochoo
Turkishheartdrop
Michelle78
Admin
34 posters

Member Introductions

ruby
    ruby

Member Introductions - Page 7 Empty Re: Member Introductions

Post  ruby Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:32 am

Croush wrote:Hi, I'm Croushy, originally member of kusadasifans, going to turkey every year for the whole summer season. I'm french, so sorry for my bad english, but working on it ! bounce

Welcome Croush

Hope look forward to your contributions. No one here will be worried about your English standards.

Ruby
    askim
    askim

Post  askim Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:52 am

Hi Ruby ,no not dublin what made you think that?
    ruby
    ruby

Post  ruby Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:16 pm

askim wrote:Hi Ruby ,no not dublin what made you think that?

Well askim, as the song goes, 'In Dublin's fair city where the girls are so pretty etc'

Ruby
    pricklythistle
    pricklythistle

Member Introductions - Page 7 Empty Hi - a newbie

Post  pricklythistle Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:09 am

Hi

Recently joined. Find the stories interesting but not sure if I can get them from the beginning????

Cheers ^_^
    Turkishheartdrop
    Turkishheartdrop

Post  Turkishheartdrop Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:43 pm

welcome to the site pricklythistle...........whats your story..........
    pricklythistle
    pricklythistle

Member Introductions - Page 7 Empty Hi

Post  pricklythistle Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:55 pm

Just enjoy Turkey and Turkish people in general. I dont have a bad story to report so I hope I can still be a member. Have been going for 12 years now so have made many friends who I have found to be good helpful people. Yes I have heard some horror stories along the way but it hasn't affected me. People just have to be sensible and go by their gut instincts. A dose of common sense goes a long way Wink
    Turkishheartdrop
    Turkishheartdrop

Post  Turkishheartdrop Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:50 pm

thats so true Prickly...........sounds like you got your head screwd on the right way...........just a pity not mor gals like you around............... Wink ......
    Maria
    Maria

Post  Maria Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:09 pm

Welcome to the site Prickylythistle Smile like your name, how did you think that one up? Razz

Maria x
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:50 pm

pricklythistle wrote:Just enjoy Turkey and Turkish people in general. I dont have a bad story to report so I hope I can still be a member. Have been going for 12 years now so have made many friends who I have found to be good helpful people. Yes I have heard some horror stories along the way but it hasn't affected me. People just have to be sensible and go by their gut instincts. A dose of common sense goes a long way Wink

Hi Pricklythistle,

Welcome to the site!

Strawbs
    pricklythistle
    pricklythistle

Member Introductions - Page 7 Empty User Name - Pricklythistle

Post  pricklythistle Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:29 pm

Well I am scottish and my name is Heather and thistle is the flower of scotland and have been called prickly a few times !!!!!
    Maria
    Maria

Post  Maria Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:34 pm

Nice one Prickly Very Happy

Maria x
    Elaine 61

Post  Elaine 61 Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:06 am

Hi im Elaine & from Newcastle. have a gsh & a good ear for listening. Very Happy
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:51 pm

Elaine 61 wrote:Hi im Elaine & from Newcastle. have a gsh & a good ear for listening. Very Happy

You must have a lot of patience, too - a lot of Turkish men struggle to make conversation in English! Have you not noticed that? silent
    Turkishheartdrop
    Turkishheartdrop

Post  Turkishheartdrop Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:51 pm

pricklythistle wrote:Well I am scottish and my name is Heather and thistle is the flower of scotland and have been called prickly a few times !!!!!

welcome to the site Prickly....like the pic......
    Turkishheartdrop
    Turkishheartdrop

Post  Turkishheartdrop Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:52 pm

Elaine 61 wrote:Hi im Elaine & from Newcastle. have a gsh & a good ear for listening. Very Happy

Welcome Elaine......got time to listen to me......
    Dolcevita

Post  Dolcevita Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:29 pm

Hi... Not too sure how this thing works!
    New to this, looking for advice on all things turkish... (stupidly let myself fall for a turkish guy... Why?!)

Most of the other forums seem to be full of nutters to be honest, but you ladies seem to say it how it is and have a good sense of humour!

Hopefully i can learn some pearls of wisdom from your experiences!
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:34 am

Dolcevita wrote:Hi... Not too sure how this thing works!
    New to this, looking for advice on all things turkish... (stupidly let myself fall for a turkish guy... Why?!)

Most of the other forums seem to be full of nutters to be honest, but you ladies seem to say it how it is and have a good sense of humour!

Hopefully i can learn some pearls of wisdom from your experiences!

Hi Dolcevita

Unusual name you've chosen! Most women obsessed with Turkey choose a Turkish nickname - something along the lines of MarmiBabe or Musti's Girl? haha Not that I'm implying you're obsessed with Turkey, of course!

Anyway.....welcome to the site!

One thing.....if you know you're stupid for allowing yourself to fall for a Turkish guy, why are you seeking advice on all things Turkish?!

It sounds as though you think this Turkish man is trouble, otherwise you wouldn't feel stupid for falling for him : so what are you actually asking us to say to you? You have asked "why" did you fall for him - only YOU can answer that one, I'm afraid. What I can tell you going by my experience over the years, having read thousands of women's stories, and personally knowing women who have fallen for a Turkish man who deep down they've known is wrong for them, is that although the men have invariably turned out to be rats, the women themselves usually have issues of their own - albeit of a different kind to the man's.

Not each and every Turkish man is vile or a user, but those that are will sniff out the vulnerable women a mile off. And you'd be amazed at how many vulnerable women there are out there.......

You'd also be amazed at how many women - after having been teated like dirt by a Turkish rat - will seek out another Turkish rat to repeat the process all over again. They're suckers for punishment and have dreadfully low self esteem. Of course, they'll dress their relationships up and make excuses for the man's appalling conduct of them, and they'll turn a blind eye to all the warning signs he throws out. These women are experts at the art of self-delusion, and when they write about their 'fantastic love stories' on numpty sites full of other vulnerable women who find it hard to meet a man on their doorstep, they never, ever tell the whole story....the reason for that is they don't want to burst their own little deluded bubble. Deep down they know they're being used, and that the man is only after money, visa, passport, sex, blah, blah, blah...but a part of their fragile damaged ego is able to ignore all that and carry on the pretence that it's the love story of the century.

Most of these relationships (if you can call them that) fall by the wayside in the first year or so, whilst others can last years and years. I actually think the ones that last years (say, 5, 6, 7) are the most damaging of all. After all, you can't get time back can you? Lots of these men marry foreign women in order to better their lives - certainly not because they love them - in most cases they don't even fancy them. That's why so many of them fish for women off the internet - they don't care if she's an unsuitable age, fat, ugly or has bad breath - they just want a visa, marriage, money and a good CV. You'll also find these men will usually target women who are past child-bearing age, or they'll tell the woman they don't yet want children.......

It's all very sad really.

To avoid thinking about their loveless, barren marriages or unions, they'll devote all their thinking time dwelling on other women's stories - or learning as much as they can about Turkish culture - anything to stop having to face up to their own real life crap.

It is sad wen you see women obsessed with Turkey, pathetically believing that if they learn how to speak a few Turkish phrases and learn how to cook a few Turkish dishes - Musti, Fatih or Ozzie will somehow fall madly and passionately in love with them...

Any woman (if she was desperate enough) could snuff out her own identity and adopt all those strange Turkish mannerisms.... think, read and breathe Turkey all day every day.....cook only Turkish dishes......watch Turkish TV...read long boring Turkish-themed books.....and depending on how one sees themselves they'll either buy a belly-dancing outfit and in private will try and perfect a sexy little bellydance while listening to Tarkan's Kiss Kiss (even if they're a short fat dumpling with a thick wobbly waist) or they'll go the other way and walk around with a headscarf and start acting all Islamic...but however hard they try to emulate a Turkish person - they'll never be Turkish - and more importantly - however many Turkish phrases they learn or however many Turkish dishes they perfect - none of that will make the man fall in love with them.

You could spend all day scrubbing behind the fridge, and then just before 'Turkish hubby' comes in you could could dress up all Turkish style, get the cay on the stove along with some pilav and beans, and then start discussing the Koran with him while you tended to his needs..........but STILL he won't fall in love with you!! Falling in love is to do with chemistry - and there's no recipe for that.

I'm sure if your Turkish man started coming over all British and began learning about Shakespeare and coming out with Shakespearean quotes you'd think he was either nuts or up to something! Especially is he started reading The Bible! Or watching old films featuring clips of Winston Churchill.....

But back to your original question : what advice can we give you on all things Turkish?

I personally can't give you that much advice about its culture - but there's plenty of books you'll find in the library that could do that for you. Of course, I know a little of its culture (I lived there on and off for just 2 years) and I have been with my Turkish partner for over 8 years, but he is very westernised and I don't really see him as Turkish. I just see him as him. Of course, there are some elemants to his character (due to his Turkish upbringing) that are slightly different to the average Brit - but because I'm so used to him I don't really notice them. I suppose that's all part and parcel of being very close with someone.......they don't seem different or strange to you.

I've gone on somewhat haven't I?! Rolling Eyes

So what's your story, Dolcevita? Smile

Strawbs

Turkishheartdrop
    Turkishheartdrop

Post  Turkishheartdrop Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:11 pm

Learning about Ataturk gets you brownie points....LOL.....love your post Strawbs you hit the anil bang on the head....
    Turkishheartdrop
    Turkishheartdrop

Post  Turkishheartdrop Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:11 pm

Pardon for being rude Dollvita....welcome from me too......
    Maria
    Maria

Post  Maria Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:32 pm

Turkishheartdrop
    Turkishheartdrop

Post  Turkishheartdrop Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:34 pm

Anita looks a bit like our Strawbs.....well jel.....
    Maria
    Maria

Post  Maria Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:38 pm

Know what you mean THD, that sort of BB look isnt it? oh la la lucky lady Wink

Maria x
    Dolcevita

Post  Dolcevita Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:48 pm

Hi guys,

No worries... No offence taken! Smile
    And no I'm not some crazy turkey-obsessed loon and have no intention of spending my days scrubbing fridges or reading the koran haha. I don't have any horror story to tell... Just the issues you would expect when you are with someone from a completely different culture I suppose, so I'm just interested to hear about other people's experiences is all!

Smile

And yes... I do love Italy!
    SozzledSally
    SozzledSally

Post  SozzledSally Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:26 pm

A warm welcome from me too Dolce Smile

Can you tell us more about your situation? you need to give us a bit more info hun Smile

Sal x
    ruby
    ruby

Post  ruby Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:42 am

Welcome from me too DV, you will read about many experiences on this forum, so what about yourself, whats your story DV Question

We have good listening ears and you will always get the best advice, not some moshy monster shite suck up to his masters voice crap chat from us cat

Ruby

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:24 pm