Turkish Chatter

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Turkish Chatter

Discussion group for all women with Turkish men in their lives

+30
askim
honey
Yohan
davina
Richard
Amandar
William909
pinkstar
Briar Rose
Gloria78
Philllipa
susan
sophia08
Pollypecker
Gamze
hyatum
SozzledSally
Teenz
ruby
Boreks
silansmum
Karaboga1
Deniz
tommisina
Maria
lilly79
choochoo
Turkishheartdrop
Michelle78
Admin
34 posters

Member Introductions

Admin
    Admin

Member Introductions - Page 6 Empty Re: Member Introductions

Post  Admin Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:45 pm

Oh Gloria, I am so sorry! I missed your post on here - I hope you don't think we were ignoring you. It's just that I don't look at all the threads sometimes, so I can easily miss one.

I am REALLY sorry to hear about your problems - it's very brave of you to be so open.

I'll post this onto a New Thread (I'm not sure how to move posts on here, yet) and then hopefully, everyone else will see it , too, and may be able to offer you advice.

I'll do that now, and then reply to you properly later on today.

Take care..

Strawbs
    William909
    William909

Post  William909 Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:02 am

Another newbie here folks!! I've only recently come across this site even though I'm a HUGE Turkey fan and I gotta say this is something else!! I'm loving it and got hooked!! I hope you'll take me under your wing and treat me gently!!

Officially I'm William but you can call me Bill.

Take care now Smile
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:14 am

Hi Bill,

Welcome to the site!

I can promise you we'll treat you gently.............. Wink

Strawbs
    Maria
    Maria

Post  Maria Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:26 am

Welcome from me Bill! cheers

Maria
    William909
    William909

Post  William909 Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:23 am

Well thank y'all for your warm welcome, I sure do appreciate that!! You're a swell bunch on here and I can't WAIT to get into some DEEP conversations with you guys!!

Just call me when you're ready!! Bill
    Amandar
    Amandar

Member Introductions - Page 6 Empty Introducing myself..........

Post  Amandar Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:08 pm

Hello...everyone. I'm not sure how to start this, as I've never participated in any internet forums before. But I thought with the subject of Turkish men, it would be beneficial and comforting to connect with others who have Turkish men in their lives. That's what I'm here for.

I'm in my mid twenties and met my Turkish men almost one year ago. We met through fb (I know, I know) but we connected straight away; that's the only way I can describe it. I eventually flew over to Turkey to visit him for the first time in May. This was a nerve wracking step that took months to prepare for :-/ I felt a little...deflated that I was so scared of the first meeting that most people who meet on the internet look forward to so much.

I was so relieved when we met face to face and all my initial fears vanished. We got on like a house on fire and ever since that day we have been inseparable. I did have some personal problems which I'd rather not go into detail on here just yet, but when I discussed them with him one night he was so understanding and caring. He has been a major source of support and strength in that respect. But while I feel understood and supported by him, and I feel he really does understand my personal problems, he cannot relate to them. While he himself has his own troubled background which resulted in him self harming, he doesn't get the debilitating fear I get when remembering my past, and though he tries he can't understand it. He says we should move forward now and he wants us to get married next year and to forget about the past. I love him but I'm not sure if I'm ready for that.

I have one close friend who has taken the time to listen to my concerns about marrying a Turkish man, where as I don't believe my other friends fully grasp the problems than can occur, if reading some of the stories around are anything to go by :-/

I'm a writer and feel more comfortable behind words than I do face to face, which makes it difficult to meet new people, so this here should be ideal for me. I'm hoping this'll be a useful transition into getting to understand Turkish men better and what sort of problems I should truly expect long term. More than anything, I want to connect with others who have been in long term relationships with a Turkish man and to hear all the pros and cons.

Thanks for having me on here :-)

Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:04 pm

Hi Amander,

Welcome to the site.

If you don't mind, I'll copy your post onto a new thread as members don't tend to look on here.

Once again, welcome to the site!

Strawbs
    Richard
    Richard

Post  Richard Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:24 pm

Hey Amander, I'm fairly new myself too, so welcome on board ship! I'm like you, looking for advice and people to chat with so I'd love to chat with you some time.

Any way I can help you, just ask. That's what we're all here for, to help each other!

Richard
    Amandar
    Amandar

Post  Amandar Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:09 am

Thank you, Strawbs and thank you, Richard for your warm welcome :-)

I'll check on the main board for my post. Can I ask a question if you don't mind? What's the correct protocal for a new member? Should I wait until several people have responded or jump straight in and reply to each one?

I think for the moment I'll hold back and wait a while. I'm feeling a little shy right now, but I'll soon ease myself in, I hope!
    davina
    davina

Member Introductions - Page 6 Empty Hi

Post  davina Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:32 pm

Hi

This is my first time here and I'd like some opinions. My Turk boyfriend/fiance finally broke up with me for good. Well at least I'm thinking this time it's for good. We always get back together because he will convince me that he will change. I'm having a hard time with the breakup because I finally realised that this relationship was toxic. I love him and will probably still love him for a while because we were together for over 3 years. I was even in a long distance relationship with him for more than a year. I figured if he was the one then one year of a LDR would be worth it but now I just feel cheated as I waited for him for so long and when we got together he wasn't the same person he seemed online. I moved out to Turkey to live with him but he moved away from me because of a personal reason that would require his attention more than he could living with me. I completely understood and supported his decision to move but I didn't think it would be forever. I thought just a few weeks. I was so lonely and started feeling like I wasn't so important to him anymore. He told me that he would have to stay for a year or so with his family in east Turkey and I still waited. I came back to England and then went back to Turkey after nine months. When he came back to move in with me in my apartment I'd rented he was with me for a week and then broke up with me. He left and then came back a couple of weeks later saying he needed me but the distance had made things different and that I had changed. I didn't change. He did. I just kept busy to keep my mind off him being away but when he got back he would say that I don't make time for him and he would pick fights and go off with his friends. Then one night he said he was coming home in 30 minutes and he came back four hours later. I snooped through his emails to find out he was talking to someone else. So then I broke up with him this time around. Why would he hurt me so much when all this time I was waiting for him? He's calling me begging for another chance but I can't do this anymore. I love him so much but he basically blamed me for him cheating on me. He left me and moved away but yet he would say I didn't find time for him. I realise this is his way of trying to move the blame off of him. He does that alot so I know that eventually I'll have another issue with him. He's full of manipulative moves and I need to end it for good. I want to stop communication with him but I can't because he won't give up. He says he doesn't wanna lose me. How do I deal with this? I love him and really want him back but I know he's no good. I'm not sure how to get over him Sad
    ruby
    ruby

Post  ruby Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:05 am

Hello Davina

This guy has left you with a very low self esteem. You need to remove yourself from him as he is a control freak and does not accept any responsibility for his atrocious and unacceptable behaviour. You know this yourself, you just need confirmation and the courage to move on.

He is a good for nothing piece of trash and you are worthy of much more than he can ever offer you, which is abandonment, he has cheated on you and blamed YOU as he is not man enough to accept he is at fault.

Get out now, even if you never find another man in your life again, its better to be on your own then with this good for nothing control freak.

Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:14 pm

davina wrote:Hi

This is my first time here and I'd like some opinions. My Turk boyfriend/fiance finally broke up with me for good. Well at least I'm thinking this time it's for good. We always get back together because he will convince me that he will change. I'm having a hard time with the breakup because I finally realised that this relationship was toxic. I love him and will probably still love him for a while because we were together for over 3 years. I was even in a long distance relationship with him for more than a year. I figured if he was the one then one year of a LDR would be worth it but now I just feel cheated as I waited for him for so long and when we got together he wasn't the same person he seemed online. I moved out to Turkey to live with him but he moved away from me because of a personal reason that would require his attention more than he could living with me. I completely understood and supported his decision to move but I didn't think it would be forever. I thought just a few weeks. I was so lonely and started feeling like I wasn't so important to him anymore. He told me that he would have to stay for a year or so with his family in east Turkey and I still waited. I came back to England and then went back to Turkey after nine months. When he came back to move in with me in my apartment I'd rented he was with me for a week and then broke up with me. He left and then came back a couple of weeks later saying he needed me but the distance had made things different and that I had changed. I didn't change. He did. I just kept busy to keep my mind off him being away but when he got back he would say that I don't make time for him and he would pick fights and go off with his friends. Then one night he said he was coming home in 30 minutes and he came back four hours later. I snooped through his emails to find out he was talking to someone else. So then I broke up with him this time around. Why would he hurt me so much when all this time I was waiting for him? He's calling me begging for another chance but I can't do this anymore. I love him so much but he basically blamed me for him cheating on me. He left me and moved away but yet he would say I didn't find time for him. I realise this is his way of trying to move the blame off of him. He does that alot so I know that eventually I'll have another issue with him. He's full of manipulative moves and I need to end it for good. I want to stop communication with him but I can't because he won't give up. He says he doesn't wanna lose me. How do I deal with this? I love him and really want him back but I know he's no good. I'm not sure how to get over him Sad

Hi Davina,

Welcome to the site.

I'm sorry but I've only just seen your post - would you mind starting a new thread and reposting it? Or I can do it for you if you'd prefer?

I haven't got time to reply to you right now, but I'll be back later on today.

Take care, and once again, welcome!

Strawbs
    Maria
    Maria

Post  Maria Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:28 pm

Davina welcome to the site,hope we can help you Smile

Maria
    davina
    davina

Post  davina Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:17 pm

Hi

Thanks for replying to me.I'm glad I'm here to get the support I need.I do check in for your responses so am hoping for some help.It's hard being pulled by him when I know he's so bad for me.I just need to try and get him out my life but haven't got the courage to delete him. I just can't do it however hard I try. What ever advice and support you can offer me I would appreciate that ever so much. It's tough getting over a man with a broken heart Sad
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:22 pm

It sounds like you're already on the road to recovery, Davinia!

Strawbs
    Pollypecker
    Pollypecker

Post  Pollypecker Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:14 am

Just what I was thinking Razz

Pol
    Yohan
    Yohan

Post  Yohan Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:51 pm

Hi I'm Yohan and I'm a newbie. queen
    Turkishheartdrop
    Turkishheartdrop

Post  Turkishheartdrop Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:02 am

Welcome Yohan........
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:34 pm

Hi Yohan,

Welcome to the site!

Strawbs
    Maria
    Maria

Post  Maria Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:48 pm

Hello Yohan welcome Smile

Maria
    honey
    honey

Post  honey Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:06 pm

Hi Yohan just saying hello, i'm a newbie too. x
    ruby
    ruby

Post  ruby Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:40 am

Welcome Yohan and Honey.

Ruby
    askim
    askim

Post  askim Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:17 pm

Hi Girls
    I am askim,i found your site and it looks very good and to the point not full of fairytales like most of the carebear sites such as kusadasifans,look foreword to reading more
    Croush
    Croush

Post  Croush Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:11 am

Hi, I'm Croushy, originally member of kusadasifans, going to turkey every year for the whole summer season. I'm french, so sorry for my bad english, but working on it ! bounce
    ruby
    ruby

Post  ruby Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:30 am

askim wrote:Hi Girls
    I am askim,i found your site and it looks very good and to the point not full of fairytales like most of the carebear sites such as kusadasifans,look foreword to reading more

Welcome Askim

Can I ask you, are you in Dublin by any chance?

Ruby

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:57 pm