Turkish Chatter

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Turkish Chatter

Discussion group for all women with Turkish men in their lives

+8
Admin
Glitzy
Pollypecker
ruby
Michelle78
Philllipa
Maria
katrinagem
12 posters

Hi I'm a New GF of a Gorgeous Turk!

katrinagem
    katrinagem

Hi I'm a New GF of a Gorgeous Turk! Empty Hi I'm a New GF of a Gorgeous Turk!

Post  katrinagem Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:30 am

Hi everyone! I'm a 25 year old senior in Univeristy majoring in English. All my life I've had a rather mild, perhaps dormant inferiority complex leading me into disastrous relationships due me being clingy. Now, April of this year, I withdrew from my spring semester due to a complete meltdown! I was a mess. I'd broken up with my ex and fell to pieces.

Then I spent the summer with my best friend who suggested we go off to Turkey. I almost didn't take the flight cuz of anxiety, but I pushed through. Am I glad I did!!

I met the most gorgeous man on the planet and he loved me for me!! I was there with him all through August and I never felt so well, good and beautiful before this.

Now, I'm back home for school, with a positive outlook and walking around with a mad grin on my face. I am in love for the first time!! Just this week I had a small setback, my first flicker of doubt, he never texted me for one whole day, but the next morning he did and said he had no credit so couldn't text me the day before. But these things happen with these guys, right? So that's okay!! Yes, I'm a lil more off my cloud now, but I'm determined to make this work.

I guess why I'm here is that feeling of support, even from strangers. I believe positive energy can flow even through computer monitors. There are times I doubt he is genuine when I read some stories, but then I look and see some do work!! Some of you on here started off with just holiday romances, and here you are still together years down the line, right? I want that for us!!

Nice to meet you all!

Kx
    Maria
    Maria

Hi I'm a New GF of a Gorgeous Turk! Empty Re: Hi I'm a New GF of a Gorgeous Turk!

Post  Maria Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:39 am

Welcome to the site Katrinegem Smile I know you will gets lots of advise and info off everyone on here , some of us have hubbys or are single with exes but we will help you as much as we can,you can be sure of that. Smile where was it you went in Turkey, was it the first time for you?

Maria
    Philllipa
    Philllipa

Hi I'm a New GF of a Gorgeous Turk! Empty Re: Hi I'm a New GF of a Gorgeous Turk!

Post  Philllipa Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:04 pm

Hi Katrrina welcome to the site Smile where did you go in turkey?

Pipxoxo
    Michelle78
    Michelle78

Post  Michelle78 Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:19 pm

all turkish men are gorgeous
    ruby
    ruby

Post  ruby Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:36 pm

Err Michelle I have to disagree with you, I have seen some right mingers who you would not want to touch with a barge pole, if you think all Turkish men are gorgeous, best book yourself an appointment with Specsavers.

Ruby
    Pollypecker
    Pollypecker

Post  Pollypecker Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:53 am

Welcome K. Are you from the states?

Pol
    Glitzy
    Glitzy

Post  Glitzy Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:27 pm

Welcome K. Michelle all Turkish men think they're gorgeous.
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:17 pm

Hi Glitzy (welcome back, by the way - hope you had a lovely time)

I couldn't agree more. Turkish men are incredibly vain! They hate putting on weight, too - you noticed that? They're a very weight conscious race. Which makes you wonder how they find these fatties so attractive?!lol

Ertie told me when he first met me that he thought I was lovely 'but needed to lose weight', which surprised me a bit (I knew I was overweight, as my pictures prove - though I wasn't in the same league as these Stout Sirin Sumo types or Obese Pauline Porkers - and I won't even go down the Dawn French Linzeee road - she's in a league all of her own) So when Ertie told me, very matter of factly as we sat eating an Iskander Kebab, that I needed to lose weight, I was a bit 'put out' - but I think Turks can be very blunt, and they like nothing better than discussing you weight - to your face. Every time I came back from England on a visit, the first thing my Turkish neighbour used to do when she saw me was look me up and down and tell me how my weight was going! Shocked

Strawbs
    SozzledSally
    SozzledSally

Post  SozzledSally Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:03 pm

Welcome to the site K Smile Gotta say not all Turks are gorgeous and they do look better on holiday tongue I hope you don,t think me stupid but how do you mean positive energy comes through your computer? Suspect

Sal
    Pollypecker
    Pollypecker

Post  Pollypecker Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:40 pm

Hehe they do look better when your wearing ya beergoggles, not so good in your local takeaway tho What a Face

Pol
    Turkishheartdrop
    Turkishheartdrop

Post  Turkishheartdrop Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:24 pm

Welcome K.......hope to hear more of your story it sounds amazing...........
    Glitzy
    Glitzy

Post  Glitzy Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:31 pm

Lol at Pol!

Yes thanks Strawbs, a great time. But could do with another break right now.
    Turkishheartdrop
    Turkishheartdrop

Post  Turkishheartdrop Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:17 pm

Hows the positive energy flowing thru your computer going.......... Wink
    Philllipa
    Philllipa

Post  Philllipa Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:08 pm

She only posted once so may be she got all the positive vibes just by that Razz Razz

Pipxoxo
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:09 pm

katrinagem wrote:Hi everyone! I'm a 25 year old senior in Univeristy majoring in English. All my life I've had a rather mild, perhaps dormant inferiority complex leading me into disastrous relationships due me being clingy. Now, April of this year, I withdrew from my spring semester due to a complete meltdown! I was a mess. I'd broken up with my ex and fell to pieces.

Then I spent the summer with my best friend who suggested we go off to Turkey. I almost didn't take the flight cuz of anxiety, but I pushed through. Am I glad I did!!

I met the most gorgeous man on the planet and he loved me for me!! I was there with him all through August and I never felt so well, good and beautiful before this.

Now, I'm back home for school, with a positive outlook and walking around with a mad grin on my face. I am in love for the first time!! Just this week I had a small setback, my first flicker of doubt, he never texted me for one whole day, but the next morning he did and said he had no credit so couldn't text me the day before. But these things happen with these guys, right? So that's okay!! Yes, I'm a lil more off my cloud now, but I'm determined to make this work.

I guess why I'm here is that feeling of support, even from strangers. I believe positive energy can flow even through computer monitors. There are times I doubt he is genuine when I read some stories, but then I look and see some do work!! Some of you on here started off with just holiday romances, and here you are still together years down the line, right? I want that for us!!

Nice to meet you all!

Kx

Hi Katrinagem,

I'm sorry, but I thought I'd replied to you in full on the Members thread - seems I didn't. I have been very busy, and haven't had much time to come on here these last few days, but I hope you're still around.

Firstly, you're obviously very bright, and have a lot of insight into your own personal issues; so if I were you I'd focus a little more on why this Turkish man has had such a positive influence on you. Many Turkish men are very good at turning on the charm and making you believe you're the first woman they've ever fallen in love with, but you don't really seem silly enough to fall for all that nonsense. I know all the romancing can be very seductive, but it isn't real life - and words come cheap.

Another thing you need to take into consideration is that many Turkish men home in on women who come across as vulnerable in some way - they seem to have the radar of a bat and can sniff a vulnerable woman out a mile off. You clearly are very vulnerable - you have more or less said so - and for that reason alone I wouldn't encourage you to keep this holiday romance bumping along. It's no fun having a romance with someone who lives 2000 miles away - who you can only visit a few times a year. I know some women start referring to these romances as LDR's, but even if you go over and visit him every 3 months for a fortnight, it's still effectively a 'holiday romance'. It's not a proper relationship - and I can't resist telling you about one woman on another site who's having an LDR with an avatar - I'm sure you can see how ridiculous some of these siuations are. I'm not saying your situation is ridiculous, and you have spent one month with him in Turkey, but even so - one month isn't really long enough to start wanting to make long term plans. It's all too soon.

Away from that for a moment - this credit thing - don't you find it off-putting? I know he only did it the once, but there's just something sooooo unromantic and unmanly about a man having no credit to send a text. It's something you'd imagine a Boy Scout saying to you when you're both about 12-years-old. Do you really want a man who can't sometimes even afford to send a text message?! What a Face

Can I ask why you're so determined to make this 'relationship' work? And can I ask why you think it's normal to have to work at a relationship as new as this?

Strawbs
    Philllipa
    Philllipa

Post  Philllipa Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:50 pm

Hi K, some sound advice there girl. I hope you listen to it. I love you Strawbs your gonna need to stop coming out with things like this...........I can't resist telling you about one woman on another site who's having an LDR with an avatar

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

this....

Away from that for a moment - this credit thing - don't you find it off-putting? I know he only did it the once, but there's just something sooooo unromantic and unmanly about a man having no credit to send a text. It's something you'd imagine a Boy Scout saying to you when you're both about 12-years-old.What a Face

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Its creasing me up and people are staring at me!LOLOLOLOL

Pipxoxo
    Maria
    Maria

Post  Maria Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:37 pm

What is it with people who ask a question and then scoot off? Suspect Whats the point in it?

Maria
    ruby
    ruby

Post  ruby Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:12 pm

Maria wrote:What is it with people who ask a question and then scoot off? Suspect Whats the point in it?

Maria

Hi Maria

They learn this behaviour from their Turd.

Ruby
    Turkishheartdrop
    Turkishheartdrop

Post  Turkishheartdrop Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:03 am

I think its the season for fruitcakes...........remember nutty acorn?...........she got it all out her system then hopped it........
    ruby
    ruby

Post  ruby Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:44 pm

Hi THD

With a name like Nutty Acorn what else can you expect lol, may as well call yourself Cok Deli, btw is she still around?

Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:50 pm

Hi Ruby,

Oh, Cokdeli is still floating about in cyberspace.

She split up with her Turks moooooooooons ago - suprise, what? She suffered from terrible arthritis (I think it was arthritis) and she's wheelchair bound. Word has it that he was a right little rat - and that will be all MY fault!!

Strawbs
    Maria
    Maria

Post  Maria Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:55 pm

Of course it is Strawbs! Razz

Maria
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:25 pm

Absolutely, Maria!

It's funny isn't it? Considering Turkish Love had a resident Psychotherapist (Sirin), resident Counsellor (Sirin), resident Psychiatrist (NuttyAcorn), and resident Immigration Lawyer(Gemsgirl) - they've had a very poor success rate when it comes to advising women about their relationships with Turkish men! geek

They're all trying to bring Memo (sp?) back home now - the one in Marmaris. They do like their little challenges to deflect from their nuttiness.

Strawbs
    Turkishheartdrop
    Turkishheartdrop

Post  Turkishheartdrop Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:38 pm

Nuttyacorn the psychiatrist LOL......Sirin attracts then sure enough...may be they can open a joint surgery?...theres been a few bussing authors on there as well...JWs blockbuster...that old wierdo Hunnybunny who copied things fro the web and Sirin herself who dreams about writing a book Suspect Sleep ............
    katrinagem
    katrinagem

Post  katrinagem Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:07 am

Hi everyone - thank you for your well thought out responses! I detect some kind of banter on here but I don't mind that, I can cope with these questions and I love delving into the whys and wherefors, it all makes so much more sense then.

Sure, I can hear you all thinking to yourselves that I've fallen for some holiday guy whose given me all that patter they excel so well at - but I trust him 100%. No, 1000%! I believe the eyes are the window of the soul and I could tell by looking into his what a good, honest and faithful man he is. I have no doubts on that. Sure, I was concerned when he never text me one day, but that was just one day, yeah? It's no big shakes in the grand scheme of things and he's contacted me daily ever since. I am grinning from ear to ear - I have not felt this good in the whole of my life. He makes me feel so GOOD, so HAPPY, so BEAUTIFUL!

I want to ask you how your relationships managed to take off when you all seem to be of the opinion that they don't - I am confused!

Kx

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:23 am