Turkish Chatter

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Turkish Chatter

Discussion group for all women with Turkish men in their lives

Im a failure but I'm blaming the Turk..............................

Admin
    Admin

Im a failure but I'm blaming the Turk.............................. Empty Im a failure but I'm blaming the Turk..............................

Post  Admin Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:33 pm

I'm a failure but I'm blaming the Turk...
    «
    Public Forum. .I'm a failure but I'm blaming the Turk....
    Author Comment
    electradivaI'm a failure but I'm blaming the Turk.... Lead [-]

Wednesday, 03-16-11 21:49
    Tags : None
    I KNOW I am going to put on weight this week (weigh in tomorrow) and I'm really fed up with myself after all my hard work so far. Firstly we went to see friends in London this week. They were Turkish friends and so of course they brought out plate after plate of food...all very yummy and calorific....so that was day one out of the window. On top of that, it is the wrong time of the month for me so I have been hugry all week and can't seem to satisfy the hunger. Then to top it all off, my lovely husband made a chocolate souffle and left it in the fridge to tempt me...I have resisted it for a few days but tonight I just couldn't resist it any longer. It is now safe and sound in my stomach, I feel sick with guilt and chocolate overdose and tomorrow is weigh in day. God forgive me....I have sinned. Let's hope I can make it up next week.

Interact
    My Recent PostsMessage MeBlockingIgnore User's PostsReport Post Reply
    guveclover #1 [url] [-]

Thursday, 03-17-11 00:18
    What is it they say "a moment on the lips and a lifetime on the hips"? Don't beat yourself up Electra - there's absolutely NO WAY any normal human being would be able to resist a chocolate souffle sitting unattended in their fridge, is there....?!
    Good luck with the weigh in tomorrow - I hope it's a late one! Maybe if you have a day on just water and spend a few hours in your local sauna they might never be able to tell...?

.....I bet that souffle was worth it though!

Judith

Interact
    BB #2 [url] [-]

Thursday, 03-17-11 00:48
    Hi ELctra!

whilst i m here - just to say you re not alone - i ve also lost it this week (in more ways than one) - memo to self - more will power/control - ice cream and maple syrup - and nearly lost stone and a half - but suddenly just have to have what you want - think trick is to enjoy it, try not to feel guilty - allow yourself a few days having what you want and then back in control. bit like the posting on here really - lol

i dont know if i ve congratulated you on your twins but wonderful news and you sound very happy - so don t beat yourself up over a souffle - it s all air anyway.

BB x

Interact
    electradiva #3 [url] [-]

Thursday, 03-17-11 01:25
    Quite right ladies - it's not normal to leave it there to go to waste and it is mostly air.... hmmmmm

Unfortunately weigh-in is in the morning Judith but water wouldn't help me anyway - it always seems to bloat me more than anything. I'll just have to face the music and be done with it. One week won't hurt...I hope.

Thanks BB - the twins are now nearly 15 months old! I can't believe how quick it has gone. They drive me crazy at the moment - my son is a typical boy, if he can find a hole he is in it, constantly pulling out the sky box and any surrounding wires and pulling his sister's hair too. My daughter has the fiercest temper tantrums and I just KNOW we are going to lock horns when she is in the teenage years. That'll teach me for all the suffering I put my parents through eh?!

Interact
    strawberryxxx #4 [url] [-]

Thursday, 03-17-11 14:49
    Hi Electra,

How did you get on at your weigh-in? I shouldn't worry if you had a gain this week - you'll get if off by next week. We all have wobbly weeks (pardon the pun!) Out of interest, how big was the chocolate souffle your husband made? Did he make it for himself or the family? Did he ask you what happened to it?! Oooooh, you didn't tell him it had collapsed did you? You wouldn't do a thing like that would you?

Anyway, it sounds like you just had one of those weeks (what with the time of month too - never easy then) but you may have been lucky and just stayed the same. Even if you did gain a couple of pounds, you'll get it off by this time next week. You will always have the odd day/week when you go off-track a bit. If you dwell on it too much, it will just make you feel worse. Just forget it and get back onto your diet plan.

I do think avoidance is the best way to stick to a diet, so try to hide naughty foods at the back of the fridge if you can. Out of sight - out of mind. So true! I've often walked past one of Ertie's leftover biscuits and just stuck in my mouth - without even wanting it! I do find, though, that if you do have a real blow-out feast, if you eat only protein for the next day or two - those calories will not turn into established fat. I know 'established fat' sounds peculiar, but if you weigh yourself the day after a big binge, the scales could show a gain of 3lb, say. But most of that is just the food (it's still somewhere there in your body) and it's also fluid too. It only starts turning into proper body fat after a couple of days - maybe 3 - I can't remember now. I'll try and Google it later and find out. Anyway, if you do just 2 protein-only days after the binge, you'll not only not gain any body fat, you'll probably lose weight too. In fact, sometimes a binge is good to relight the metabolism - but I'm not advocating that by any means - the downside of a binge is it can set you off on a roll and you can end up just wanting more food etc........

But two days (or even just the day after a binge) of protein-only foods will stop you gaining. It's the Atkins diet really, and though it's not good for you, it does shift the weight - and two days aren't going to hurt you. So, any amount of boiled eggs, white boiled fish, cottage cheese, meat (no skin or fat) and, most importantly, 8 glasses of water a day : about one glass an hour (standard drinking glass) You need the water as high protein diets are hard work on the kidneys. So if you do have kidney problems it's better not to do it. But if you're kidneys are fine, a day or 2 of the Atkins shouldn't hurt at all. But as with all diets - if you have any existing health problems - you should always check with your doctor first.

Anyway, don't beat yourself up over the last week - it's gone. Forget it. And if you do succumb occasionally, accept that it's normal to do so. How much weight have you lost so far in total? It's better to concentrate on your total weight loss than to dwell on a small blip of a gain - which will come off next week. All it means is you'll reach your target about 7 days later - that's nothing.

It's funny what you said about your son - my grandson is obsessed with wires and electrics; TV, SKY box.....he's always trying to get behind them and pull the wires - or sometimes he'll quickly run up to the SKY box and switch if off! He put two DVD's into my daughter's Wii last week - so that had to go into repair - and he's also obsessed with telephones. Especially mobiles for some reason! He also knows that pushing buttons makes things happen, and I often get a call thinking it's my daughter ringing me, and it's him having pushed the redial button. Soon as I start speaking to him he realises he's got through to me, and says "Sing!" So I have to sing "row, row, row the boat gently down the stream..........." about 20 times! Soon as I've finished he says "Again!" And I've got a TERRIBLE singing voice! When Ertie hears me singing down the phone he knows immediately whose phoned - and my grandson sometimes pushes that button as 6.30 in the morning! And as they both have me wrapped round their little fingers - I can't refuse them anything.

I bet you get exhausted with your children sometimes. You need eyes in the back of your head - and I don't know how some of these women who have about 9 children cope!

Strawbs

Interact
    setter #5 [url] [-]

Thursday, 03-17-11 18:35
    Hi Electric Diva, I agree with all that has been said especially the part of "Stop beating yourself up over eating the souffle!" I have also been dieting and at first the weight started to come off gradually a couple of pounds each week and then suddenly I stopped losing weight even though I was still eating the same foods and not eating more than 1000 calories a day, I just seemed to have a reached my plateau. I went on the watercress diet soup for a couple of weeks and this seemed to work for me as I then began to lose the pounds again. I have lost about 2 stone now and I am now at my target weight. A lot of people swear by drinking green tea helps but i tried it and it was foul!

Good luck

Sandy

Interact
    electradiva #6 [url] [-]

Thursday, 03-17-11 21:19
    Thanks all - I can't believe how lucky I am...I stayed the same!!! Smile)))) If I was able I would be doing cartwheels now but I couldn't do them when I was a child so no chance I can do them now lol.

Thanks for the advice re protein Strawberry - I'll remember that if I fall of the wagon again - but I'm not planning too. My hubby had made them at work and brought an individual one home for me to try (I don't think he realises that it is a sin on a diet!) but I had been watching a video that they had been making in the restaurant when they were making them and mentioned that I love chocolate souffles and the husband thought that meant I must want one! Smile))

So really I can't be too angry with him as he thought he was doing something nice. He doesn't know I ate it yet as he stayed in town last night...I'll tell him tonight when he gets in. It was delicious though.

Aww your grandson sounds cute but must drive your daughter crazy at times like my boy. My two are both obsessed with mobile phones and remote controls. My daughter has recorded so much rubbish on my Sky+ from playing around with the remote when I'm not looking. I don't know how people do it that have lots of children either. My two are a handful and I struggle at times. I'm lucky though - I have a lot of support.

Interact
    strawberryxxx #7 [url] [-]

Thursday, 03-17-11 22:42
    Oh that's brilliant news, Electra! See - all that worrying for nothing! I would imagine the 5 days of sticking to the plan saved you, and it evened itself out. But to make up for it this week, I'd be doubly good - and next week you might have a better weight loss than usual!

Oh, that's lovely of your husband to make a souffle especially for you (and men have no conception about food and calories do they? Ertie thinks salad with olive oil is very slimming!) but I'd have eaten it too - I must admit. Anyway, the main thing is you didn't gain and you're back on track. Just keep focused and keep visualising what you want to be by the time summer comes around. Remember, food will always be there - you can always have it another time. But you want to reach your target this summer - and this summer will never come round again - but all those chocolates and ice creams will be there forever. And when you're at target you can eat all those things in moderation - and enjoy them twice as much because you'll feel all light, slim - and fantastic! A few months abstaining is nothing when you think about it.

I also think having a goal keeps you motivated : a holiday or wedding for example. Or arranging a summer party/BBQ with friends and relatives you haven't seen in a long time. Just something to aim for where you want to look your best, and you can't move the goalposts. I find all those sort of things help in keeping you on track.

Anyway, you sound like you're doing really well - and I bet you feel so much better for it. Keep it up - I know you will! And remember:

Nothing tastes as good as being slim feels.

Strawbs

Interact
    electradiva #8 [url] [-]

Friday, 03-18-11 01:14
    Brilliant advice...maybe I'll arrange a party for late summer and set myself a target for that time - good idea!!!

I'm moving this weekend so will be without internet for probably about a month again - YOU LUCKY LOT!!! I should be packing boxes right now but I cannot be bothered as it has been a long day and an early start tomorrow - men coming to move my Turkish satelitte dish so I'm gonna go to bed now and will try to pop on tomorrow and Saturday but if I don't - hope you all have a great month of peace and quiet! xx

P.S. Never heard that saying before - nothing tastes as good as slim feels - but will put that on my fridge door I think!

Interact
    Glitzy #9 [url] [-]

Friday, 03-18-11 14:00
    Good luck with the move.

Interact
    strawberryxxx #10 [url] [-]

Friday, 03-18-11 16:18
    Hi Electra,

Hope your move is going smoothly - I hate all those boxes, though! But it will all be worth it once you've settled into your new home. Exciting isn't it?!

Look forward to hearing from you soon!

Strawbs

Admin
    Admin

Im a failure but I'm blaming the Turk.............................. Empty Re: Im a failure but I'm blaming the Turk..............................

Post  Admin Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:34 pm

.I'm a failure but I'm blaming the Turk....
    Author Comment
    electradiva #11 [url] [-]

Friday, 03-18-11 19:33
    Thanks Glitzy and Strawberry. So far so good. It all feels a bit bare in the house now that all my nicknacks are boxed up (you know the doilies, turkish eyes, that sort of thing!)

Seriously, I am surrounded by horrible brown, taped up boxes, with just the TV and my big mirror on the wall and it looks really bare in here. I'm sooo excited about the move though and just can't wait to get in. I went round there today and I hadn't realised how small the bedrooms are which has worried me a bit. They probably aren't that small, it is just that the rooms in the house I am currently in are large so it makes them seem small but I will know for sure when I get the furniture in - fingers crossed it all fits! Whatever happens it will definitely be worth move. It is a nice, quiet road and much safer for the children.

Hope I won't be off the net too long...I am quite the addict these days!
    Last Edited By: electradiva Friday, 03-18-11 19:41. Edited 1 time.
    Interact
    kandi #12 [url] [-]

Friday, 03-18-11 20:45
    good luck with your move hope its a happy home you move into x

Interact
    electradiva #13 [url] [-]

Saturday, 03-19-11 01:45
    Thanks Kandi

Interact
    strawberryxxx #14 [url] [-]

Sunday, 03-20-11 11:21
    Hi Electra,

Have you moved in yet? I hope it all went well if you have - or when you do!

Don't worry about the size of the bedrooms, even if they are on the small side you'll always find furniture to fit. Do they have fitted wardrobes?

Strawbs

Interact
    electradiva #15 [url] [-]

Wednesday, 03-30-11 00:04
    I've moved in but don't have the internet up running properly yet. The house is a 70s house - open plan downstairs, the stairs are in the front room. I guess the wardrobes are fitted but not how I think of fitted wardrobes as they don't take up any of the room. It's hard to explain...I think I'll have to take some photos.

I'm getting there...all the boxes are out of the way now but I don't exactly have things in order as I would like them. I'm getting there though. The children seem to have settled well though and that is the main thing and it is much quieter so all in all, it went well - thank you for all your good wishes xx

Interact
    strawberryxxx #16 [url] [-]

Wednesday, 03-30-11 10:15
    Oh I'm glad to hear you've settled in - I bet you'll have it all homely and lovely very soon.

You've got me curious about the wardrobes....... Are they sort of built into the walls? Like a larder? You know what I mean!

Strawbs

Interact
    electradiva #17 [url] [-]

Thursday, 03-31-11 22:46
    Exactly - they are built into the walls. I'm not sure if they have a special name but at least you got what I meant you clever girl you! Smile

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:32 am