Turkish Chatter

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Turkish Chatter

Discussion group for all women with Turkish men in their lives

+3
Admin
Woody
Michelle78
7 posters

Turk Friendly Hotels

Turk Friendly Hotels Empty Turk Friendly Hotels

Post  Guest Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:49 am

I have noticed a lot of posts recently asking if people know any Turk friendly hotels where English girlfriends can take their askim for a week or two. Turkish Hotels are very family orientated and often do not want this class of people in or around their hotel as it brings their reputation into disrepute. Do these women not realise that this is NOT the UK, it is NOT Europe, it is a totally different culture and its no wonder Turkish people have the opinion that all UK women are an easy lay. It is almost unheard of for a Turkish girl to sleep with her boyfriend, in fact, the are usually chaperoned until marriage. Asking for Turk friendly hotels makes you appear to a Turk that you are in the words of Strawbs, a SPORTING WOMAN. Have you no respect or dignity for yourselves? Cok ayip.

Ruby
    Michelle78
    Michelle78

Turk Friendly Hotels Empty Re: Turk Friendly Hotels

Post  Michelle78 Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:19 am

Well Ruby I myself have had this problem. Grrrrrrrrrrrr! Those reception staff look right down their noses at ya when you wanna take a Turk into your room FFS!!! Blinking cheek! Its not like I'm trying to sneak a donkey in the room! HAHA!! elephant

Miche x
    Woody
    Woody

Post  Woody Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:54 pm

Hotels charging extra for Turks is I think only to do with money! Mad They think all the grannies and girlfriends have money shitting out their arses and they trying to take full advantage where they can!
    To be honest if I had been on these forums when I was looking for hotels for me and my husband (then bf) I prob would have posted a question like that too. It would have saved me and him a lot of bother looking.
    We have stayed at his sisters together in the same bed before we were married too so god knows what his family thinks but she invited us to stay there together.

My husband def thinks I'm an easy lay, that's why I'm with him lol!

x
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:20 pm

Oh, I can see a nice little money-spinner here! tongue

There's some brilliant guide books in the UK that feature Dog Friendly Hotels and B&B's , so I think a handy guide called 'Turk Friendly Hotels In Turkey' would fly off the shelves! You could even give each hotel a star rating. The numpties are always enquiring about Turk Friendly Hotels, so I think this is a fab idea!

Of course, I'm sure that many of these numpties, crumblies and fugly, short midgets trying to book a room for both themselves and a Turk, are held with deep suspicion by Turkish hoteliers - who automatically assume the Turk must be a male prostitute to have sex with someone so oustandingly numptyish! It's no wonder they turn them away! They could be charged with running a place of ill repute, and just like in Singapore and Bangkok where fat, ugly, cheap men try to smuggle in young prostitutes, I can see why Turks refuse to allow these women to use their hotel as a knocking shop!

Mind you, I've never quite understood why numpties ask this question in the first place : usually, their Turk already has an (AHEM!) 'arrangement' with a certain hotel, whereby the woman pays top whack for a room - and the hotelier gives 50% or more back to the Turk. That goes on ALL the time. A friend was telling me how sometimes the hotelier will give the Turk ALL the money back - providing the fugly numpty buys lots of drinks there!

affraid

Honestly, these cheeky chappies! I don't know where they get off! But besides that - why on earth do these women not ask themselves why THEY have to do all the donkey work - AND pay for the pleasure - when weedy turtle is already in Turkey?!

What a Face

I know that some cheeky chappies, who are a little more calculating, will organise and engineer the hotel-stay, prior to the woman flying across Europe to visit him (even if it is a cheap, basic - but clean - hotel) but they get a discount too (especially if they take different women there on different weeks) so that's still just as cheap and tacky. More so, actually!

Woody, hotels don't charge extra for Turks - that's what the Turk TELLS his numpty - and then he pockets the difference. That's if he hasn't already got an arrangement with the hotelier. One of the managers of another Turkish group discovered (about 2 years down the line) that every time she'd gone to Icmeler to visit her Turk, he was making out to her the hotel was more expensive than it really was - and he pocketed the difference! How bad is that?!!! She was, in effect, paying him for sex. Honestly, the mind just boggles that women can be SO naive!

And how on EARTH can a woman believe it costs MORE for a Turk to use a hotel bedroom than it does a foreigner?!!! HELLOOOO!!!!!!

alien

I know this goes on in Turkey - A LOT - and I also know that many hotels object to unmarried couples sharing a room. I don't know if Ertie and I were just lucky, but we did LOADS of travelling in Turkey - from Istanbul right down the west coast. and all along the south coast to Antalya (including North Cyprus several times) and we just used to turn up an hotel we liked the look of and booked it on the spot, and never once did we have a problem. They always took our passports - so they knew we weren't married - but they never refused us a room - ever. And we stayed in all types - from small family run pensions to huge 5 star hotels. Maybe I'm so fugly they took pity on us!

lol!

Strawbs
    electra_diva
    electra_diva

Post  electra_diva Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:48 am

I have never encountered a problem staying in a hotel either and I have stayed in hotels in Istanbul, Marmaris and Aydin as an unmarried woman. I have known other people to have issues in Marmaris though so I know that in resorts they can be a bit choosy. If I'm honest, I always thought that people usually encountered problems if they thought it would either be a stream of different men coming and going (i.e. you weren't booked in with a boyfriend but brought different men back) or if you had had "issues" in the past.

I also know of many men that told their "girls" that they couldn't stay in their normal apartments for one reason or another and therefore they had to stay in a hotel. When they got to the hotel, the woman ended up paying and little did they know that the men had an "arrangement" with the hotel. It makes me furious when I read of these circumstances but I also think that sometimes some women can't be warned. Honestly, I'm not sure that I could have been warned when I first had my "turkish encounter" but luckily he wasn't the type to stitch me up so I think I got off a bit lightly maybe... Smile
    Woody
    Woody

Post  Woody Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:52 pm

We have had to pay extra in hotels 3 times in total. Twice he paid and once I paid. He better not have lied to me about that money otherwise I'll be drawing the amount I paid for the hotel from our account tomorrow to buy myself some nice new heels.

God that would make me sick to my stomach if I found out that I had been deceived by my man for a matter of a few hundred quid on a hotel room.

Like Electra said I'm not sure I could have been warned either.

Toni x
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:10 pm

Hi Woody,

I don't understand it. Why should a Turkish person pay EXTRA to stay in a hotel?!

If that happened to me I'd go and find another hotel.

Strawbs
    Woody
    Woody

Post  Woody Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:59 pm

Hi Strawbs,

That's what I had previously wondered.scratch I initially booked 2 of the hotels from sunshine and low cost holidays and when I printed off the accommodation invoice they both said something about the price printed is only available to non-Turkish passport holders.

I have been told by various different people that it's believed we would spend less in the hotel compared with a couple of tourists. I know for sure that tour operators get the majority if money when you book a hotel leaving the hotels to rely on guests spending within them. We literally used them though as a place to crash. With my husband being from the resort we were with his family a lot and I didn't fancy eating chips and omelettes every day for a week in the hotel!

I still stick with the real reason for the extra charging being that they just think all European women are "rich bitches" or paying for sex. I don't doubt for 1 second though that a lot of these men would and do pocket some of the money.

I guess we really couldn't be bothered with changing hotels and we didn't think we had an other options at the time. After 3 months apart we were just happy to spend time together whether it be at an extra cost or not. We always had the option to stay at his sisters but I felt bad putting that on her regularly.

Toni
    Guveclover
    Guveclover

Post  Guveclover Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:36 pm

I can never work out why these women ask this. Why are they bothering themselves with arranging accommodation over in Turkey when they're going to stay with a Turk?!

I never once arranged any accommodation for us in Turkey. My husband arranged it every time. My only stipulation was that I was not prepared to stay anywhere sub standard but he knew what my standards were and I was never disappointed with anywhere he chose for us. I just let him get on with it and it would never have entered either of our heads to do otherwise.

Some of these men that these women hook up with must be next to useless. They have to be spoon fed - even in their own country! How many times do we also read questions from women asking how their askim goes about getting a passport, a driving licence, papers to enable him to get married and even where he can go to learn to read and write? These men are in their own country FFS!!

I have to say I would have found it most offputting if my husband had appeard to be so utterly clueless and completely unresourceful in his own country. It would have had me wondering what on earth he was going to be like in mine! Shocked

Adryath
    Adryath

Post  Adryath Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:47 pm

I have to agree, I never arranged anything in Turkey, that was down to my husband, he would have thought I was mad if i aid I would try to arrange something form England anyway.

And with the passports and stuff, if he needs to organise that he will do it himself both in Turkey and over here. He and his friend found the Turkish consulate perfectly well themsleves when they needed to go, I never even went with them. You often hear of girls getting annoyed when someone at the Turkish consulate wont answer there questions about their husbands or boyfriends, what do they expect? If my husband phoned the British consulate in Turkey to ask about something for me they would think he was crazy, not that he ever woudl phone, he would think I was crazy for asking Laughing
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:53 pm

Woody wrote:Hi Strawbs,

That's what I had previously wondered.scratch I initially booked 2 of the hotels from sunshine and low cost holidays and when I printed off the accommodation invoice they both said something about the price printed is only available to non-Turkish passport holders.

I have been told by various different people that it's believed we would spend less in the hotel compared with a couple of tourists. I know for sure that tour operators get the majority if money when you book a hotel leaving the hotels to rely on guests spending within them. We literally used them though as a place to crash. With my husband being from the resort we were with his family a lot and I didn't fancy eating chips and omelettes every day for a week in the hotel!

I still stick with the real reason for the extra charging being that they just think all European women are "rich bitches" or paying for sex. I don't doubt for 1 second though that a lot of these men would and do pocket some of the money.

I guess we really couldn't be bothered with changing hotels and we didn't think we had an other options at the time. After 3 months apart we were just happy to spend time together whether it be at an extra cost or not. We always had the option to stay at his sisters but I felt bad putting that on her regularly.

Toni

Hi Toni,

I can see where the hotel's coming from in that a Turk may not spend money in the hotel on drinks etc, but who's to say he isn't a tourist too? One who drinks. And the British woman's a tourist! I also understand that tour operators pay something ridiculous to the hotel (like £5 a night) for each person, on the the presumption the guest will spend money on drinks and food whilst staying there. But at the same time, the hotel still has a normal standard rate for guests, say, £30 a night or whatever - so I don't understand why a Turk would have to pay MORE than that? That doesn't add up to me.

I do know for a fact that a lot of Turks in resorts (and cities) who are friendly with the reception staff, dupe the woman into thinking the room is much more expensive than it really is, and then the the Turk pockets the money from the receptionist. I'd imagine he and the receptionist split it 50/50 or something.

Strawbs

Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:56 pm

Something's just occured to me. Every time we stopped off at a hotel there was a BIG BOARD in reception listing the prices of the rooms. Don't the women ever look at that?! Suspect

Strawbs
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:02 pm

Judith & Adryath,

I would REALLY go off a man if he didn't know how to go about getting a passport or booking a hotel room! affraid

It's ridiculous! It's hardly Knight in Shining Armour stuff is it?! rendeer

The irony is, they all seem so anxious to send their askims good quality trainers - but their askims seem to have trouble getting around! They'd be better off sending him a compass!

Strawbs
    Ladybird
    Ladybird

Post  Ladybird Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:45 pm

Thats true it goes on all the time, men making out hotels cost more than they do. Foolish women.

Liza

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:52 pm