Turkish Chatter

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Turkish Chatter

Discussion group for all women with Turkish men in their lives

+8
Richard
Maria
Turkishheartdrop
Teenz
Boreks
Pollypecker
SozzledSally
Admin
12 posters

Photo Albums ......................................Check Daily For Updates!

Turkishheartdrop
    Turkishheartdrop

Photo Albums ......................................Check Daily For Updates! - Page 4 Empty Re: Photo Albums ......................................Check Daily For Updates!

Post  Turkishheartdrop Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:14 pm

This threads got a life of its own LOL.............Im lost..........LOL
    ruby
    ruby

Photo Albums ......................................Check Daily For Updates! - Page 4 Empty Re: Photo Albums ......................................Check Daily For Updates!

Post  ruby Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:41 am

Me too THD, but try as hard as I may, I just cannot get worried about it. Laughing

Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:37 pm

SozzledSally wrote:Sorry Strawbs my computer broke again pale My new fancy ones coming tomorrow yay cheers I will be on more and give you the info Wink Craigs having his lesson first sunday in november for his birthday so any more info on how he can feel safe and steer it would be fab. Cheers Strawbs

Sal x

Hi Sal,

Winter time (in the UK) is often better for flying as the visibilty is better, providing of course, the weather is good. If it's pouring with rain the flight will probably be postponed, anyway. I have flown in rain (not on lessons, though) and it's not that enjoyable, so you definitely wouldn't want to go up on a trial flight in the rain, and I doubt the instructor would take you up - even if he could. It really depends on the visibilty and wind.

I can't give you any advice on how to steer a plane - you don't actually steer it as such - though you do when you're taxiing, but you do that with your feet. That's not as simple as it sounds, actually - there's a bit of a knack to it - but the instructor will be doing all this, anyway.

There's no tip I can give to make your brother feel safe ; you said he's always wanted to go up so I'd imagine he'd feel too excited to feel scared. Some people can have a last minute attack of nerves and back out at the last minute, but you won't know until he goes there and tries it. Most people love it once they go up - it's only a few who panic and have to come down straight away.

I'm sure your brother will love it. The time goes ever so quickly, so I hope you've booked at least an hour?

Strawbs
    Turkishheartdrop
    Turkishheartdrop

Post  Turkishheartdrop Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:12 pm

Sal I hope you log on and reply to this......Strawbs gives you a lot of info and all for nothing...your not the only one she helps for no thanks.....
    William909
    William909

Post  William909 Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:40 pm

I hope you've calmed down now Ruby!! Or am I going to have to chastise you, you naughty thing!! Bill
    Richard
    Richard

Post  Richard Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:17 pm

Hey Strawbs, it would be great to see more pictures! Take your time but I would love to see some more. If you need any help just give me a shout, it would be no problem for me at all I can assure you.

Richard
    Richard
    Richard

Post  Richard Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:24 pm

Admin wrote:Here you go, Sal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCQoH4UFyaE

I found this one from Biggin Hill where I used to fly - and this would be the worst scenario if the land gear didn't retract - and you can see it's no problem if it doesn't lower. I think this may be a practice run (you always go round so the tower can double check that it's down ) but looking at his altimemeter he was flying too low to do near-stalls (that's where the buzzer sounds) he was flying at only 1500 to 2000 feet - so I think it may have been a pretend emergency. It looked staged to me - bet the tower and fire guys were pissed off it was! Those fire guys are lovely, though.

By the way, when you land, that buzzer sounds on touchdown so tell your brother to expect it. It happens every time. It can sound scary the first tme, but it's perfectly normal.

Very quickly, let me know how long you think that runway is - you'll never guess by looking at it.

Strawbs

Hey Strawbs, I wanted to say this before but somehow this thread went off course haha! I've gotta say I am impressed with you! Looking at you I would never guess you could pilot a plane. Wow, what a woman! Don't worry, I'm not coming on strong, I just think you're great. I hope I haven't embarrassed you, I would hate to do that.

Richard
    SozzledSally
    SozzledSally

Post  SozzledSally Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:27 am

Admin wrote:
    SozzledSally wrote:Sorry Strawbs my computer broke again pale My new fancy ones coming tomorrow yay cheers I will be on more and give you the info Wink Craigs having his lesson first sunday in november for his birthday so any more info on how he can feel safe and steer it would be fab. Cheers Strawbs

Sal x

Hi Sal,

Winter time (in the UK) is often better for flying as the visibilty is better, providing of course, the weather is good. If it's pouring with rain the flight will probably be postponed, anyway. I have flown in rain (not on lessons, though) and it's not that enjoyable, so you definitely wouldn't want to go up on a trial flight in the rain, and I doubt the instructor would take you up - even if he could. It really depends on the visibilty and wind.

I can't give you any advice on how to steer a plane - you don't actually steer it as such - though you do when you're taxiing, but you do that with your feet. That's not as simple as it sounds, actually - there's a bit of a knack to it - but the instructor will be doing all this, anyway.

There's no tip I can give to make your brother feel safe ; you said he's always wanted to go up so I'd imagine he'd feel too excited to feel scared. Some people can have a last minute attack of nerves and back out at the last minute, but you won't know until he goes there and tries it. Most people love it once they go up - it's only a few who panic and have to come down straight away.

I'm sure your brother will love it. The time goes ever so quickly, so I hope you've booked at least an hour?

Strawbs

Cheers Strawbs you really are a big help cheers I hoe he loves it Im sure he will, btw what dyou mean you steer it with your feet? Suspect

Sal x
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:45 am

Hi Sal,

Your brother's instructor will show him what to do.

You steer the plane with the rudders, so when you're on the ground taxiing you use your feet to steer it. You also use the rudders when you're flying, but I really don't think your brother will be doing that on his first lesson.

Let us know how he gets on!

Strawbs
    Richard
    Richard

Post  Richard Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:23 pm

Hey Strawbs, any news on the updates yet? I can help you upload if you require, don't be shy just give me a shout any time!

Richard
    William909
    William909

Post  William909 Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:43 pm

I'm sure she's capable of doing it herself!! Bill
    Richard
    Richard

Post  Richard Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:07 pm

Hey Strawbs, looks like I missed you by minutes, just my luck! The offers still there for you, don't forget.

Richard
    SozzledSally
    SozzledSally

Post  SozzledSally Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:25 pm

Admin wrote:Hi Sal,

You steer the plane with the rudders, so when you're on the ground taxiing you use your feet to steer it. You also use the rudders when you're flying, but I really don't think your brother will be doing that on his first lesson.

Strawbs

Hi Strawbs Very Happy Bruv is having his flying lesson on Sunday! cheers we are so excited for him, he has no idea I love you cant WAIT to se ehis face!! cheers

Wish him luck! I love you
    Anymore tips you can give me?
    Sal x
    Richard
    Richard

Post  Richard Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:24 am

Hey Sal....here's wishing your brother luck for his first flight! He's one lucky guy getting a gift like that, let us know how it all goes.

Best wishes

Ricahrd
    Turkishheartdrop
    Turkishheartdrop

Post  Turkishheartdrop Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:11 pm

SozzledSally wrote:
    Admin wrote:Hi Sal,

Strawbs

Hi Strawbs Very Happy Bruv is having his flying lesson on Sunday! cheers we are so excited for him, he has no idea I love you cant WAIT to se ehis face!! cheers

Wish him luck! I love you
    Anymore tips you can give me?
    Sal x

Hope your brothers flying lesson goes well tomorrow Sal........
    SozzledSally
    SozzledSally

Post  SozzledSally Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:16 pm

Thanks THD Very Happy We need to phone the flying school later today tho in case its got to be cancelled, weather looks bad Sad fingers crossed it will be okay but if not they said we can use the gift voucher any other time when the weathers better but tomorrow would be the best Neutral fingers legs and toes all crossed drunken

Sal x
    Turkishheartdrop
    Turkishheartdrop

Post  Turkishheartdrop Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:53 pm

Did he do it Sal.......
    Philllipa
    Philllipa

Post  Philllipa Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:24 pm

I wanna know how it went as well bom

Pipxoxo
    Richard
    Richard

Post  Richard Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:05 pm

Hey Sal...here's hoping your brother had a great time on Sunday!! Let us know how he got on, lucky guy!!

Richard

Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:53 pm

Hi Sal,

Yes! How did your brother get on?!

Strawberry
    Maria
    Maria

Post  Maria Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:08 pm

I forgot about Sals bruvs lesson. Very Happy how did it go girl? tongue

Maria
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:55 am

bump
    Turkishheartdrop
    Turkishheartdrop

Post  Turkishheartdrop Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:37 pm

que?.........
    Richard
    Richard

Post  Richard Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:59 am

Hey Strawbs, I see you've added some pictures at long last. Well done! They're super.

Richard
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:17 pm

Hi Everyone!

As it's the last day of Christmas I thought I'd post up a couple of pictures before I forget! cherry

My camera doesn't do justice to them, unfortunately, but this is my neighbour's house across to me - and their Christmas lights looked a million times prettier than the pictures shows. It looked like a real fairytale house!

So I thought I'd share with you with only one day of Christmas left! santa

https://s273.photobucket.com/albums/jj231/Strawberryx7/

Strawbs

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:41 pm