Turkish Chatter

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Turkish Chatter

Discussion group for all women with Turkish men in their lives

+8
Richard
Maria
Turkishheartdrop
Teenz
Boreks
Pollypecker
SozzledSally
Admin
12 posters

Photo Albums ......................................Check Daily For Updates!

SozzledSally
    SozzledSally

Photo Albums ......................................Check Daily For Updates! - Page 2 Empty Re: Photo Albums ......................................Check Daily For Updates!

Post  SozzledSally Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:51 pm

Really? Shocked I never would of thought they would do things like that, are they big businnesses too who get up to tricks?

Sal
    Maria
    Maria

Photo Albums ......................................Check Daily For Updates! - Page 2 Empty Re: Photo Albums ......................................Check Daily For Updates!

Post  Maria Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:27 pm

I was asking a friend of mine over the weekend and he said it happns all the time, I never knew. cyclops

Maria
    Richard
    Richard

Post  Richard Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:22 pm

Hey,

I can't see any pictures of fruit on there!

I was keen to look at those being a photographer.

Richard
    SozzledSally
    SozzledSally

Post  SozzledSally Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:44 pm

Suspect

Strawbs sorry to be nosey but is that a lifejacket your wearing in the 3rd pic?

Sal
    Richard
    Richard

Post  Richard Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:27 am

Hey Sal, I wondered that! I'm also curious where that beach scene is, the one shot from above.

Richard
    Philllipa
    Philllipa

Post  Philllipa Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:34 am

Thats Olu Deniz Richard. Smile

Pipxoxo
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:06 pm

SozzledSally wrote: Suspect

Strawbs sorry to be nosey but is that a lifejacket your wearing in the 3rd pic?

Sal

Hi Sal,

Yes, it is a life-jacket. The reason I was wearing one (uninflated I might add!lol) was we had flown over the Channel - that was taken at Jersey Airport - and that was Dave's aerobatic plane, which is very tiny when you're seated inside, and had there been an engine failure over the Channel we wouldn't have been able to put our life-jackets on had we needed to ditch in the water. So Dave always made me wear it when we flew over the Channel. By the way, slightly off-topic, but to have one of those life-jackets reset after you've inlated one, costs an arm and leg! I'm not sure why, but I know it does.

Of course, I never wore a life-jacket when we flew over the Channel in larger aircraft (though some people do) but with small aerobatic planes it's foolhardy not to wear one.

Strawbs
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:08 pm

Philllipa wrote:Thats Olu Deniz Richard. Smile

Pipxoxo

Hi Richard/Pip,

That picture is actually Butterfly Valley - just off Oludeniz. I can't remember taking that photo, but I think we must have taken it from up in Faralya.

Strawbs
    Turkishheartdrop
    Turkishheartdrop

Post  Turkishheartdrop Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:59 pm

Is there a weight limit on some of them small airplanes Strawbs..........that one looks tight to fit x 2 Shocked ...
    SozzledSally
    SozzledSally

Post  SozzledSally Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:11 pm

I guessed it was Strawbs but wasnt sure why you was wearing one Embarassed I bet that was a thrill and a half, not sure I could do it tho:affraid: I need to get more dareing! Razz if you do land on water do you have the wheels up or down,how does it work? sorry if this is digging and nosing, I just want to know coz my brothers got booked a flying lesson as a surprise for his birthday, he doesnt know yet tongue I feel a bit scared for him but its what hes always dreamt about so thats what we all clubbed together and got him pale its a one off pleasure flight lesson, I hope you dont mind but if you have any tips to stop me worrying it would be nice

Sal
    Richard
    Richard

Post  Richard Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:07 am

Admin wrote:

Pipxoxo

Hi Richard/Pip,

That picture is actually Butterfly Valley - just off Oludeniz. I can't remember taking that photo, but I think we must have taken it from up in Faralya.

Strawbs

Hi Strawbs,

That's a great snap! What camera did you use?

Richard
    SozzledSally
    SozzledSally

Post  SozzledSally Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:12 am

If you read this Strawbs can you take a look Smile

Sal
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:42 pm

Richard wrote:
    Admin wrote:

Pipxoxo

Hi Richard/Pip,

Strawbs

Hi Strawbs,

Richard

Hi Richard,

I'm not sure of the camera model (I'm not at all technical) but I know it's a Sony. We actually have 3 cameras - two are Sony (one of which I cannot find - hence why we have two!) and I think we have a Kodak, too. I'm sure it's a Kodak. So I'm afraid I can't tell you which camera we used when taking the photo - in fact, I don't even remember taking the photo - but we've taken hundreds over the years so I can't remember each and every scene shot. Ertie's a much better photographer than I am - so I'd imagine he took that one. But I doubt he'll remember, either.

I really need to be more organised and start dating and placing my photo albums. I have THOUSANDS of pictures and videos, and when I get a chance I'm going to upload them (and scan some older ones, too) I've been meaning to do it for yonks!

Strawbs
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:44 pm

SozzledSally wrote:If you read this Strawbs can you take a look Smile

Sal

Hi Sal,

I'll have to reply later tonight - I've got work to do now and need to get on - and I'm going to be flat out all day. But I will post later on - I can't do it now - I'm too long-winded! Rolling Eyes

Strawbs
    Pollypecker
    Pollypecker

Post  Pollypecker Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:09 pm

Strawbs you should try photorganiser, they do it all for you its so easy then Smile

Pol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:41 pm

Hi Pol,

Oh no - I'm not talking about organising them on my PC! I'm talking about organising my proper albums and scanning them onto my PC. Some of my photo's are just normal pictures, but I no longer have the camera (lost it) so the only way to put them on here is to scan them onto my computer first. Same with some of my videos - they're on tape - so I need to transfer them to digital.

My PC photo album is OK.

I will get round to it eventually. Rolling Eyes

Strawbs
    Richard
    Richard

Post  Richard Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:19 pm

Admin wrote:
    Richard wrote:
    Admin wrote:

Pipxoxo

Hi Richard/Pip,

Strawbs

Hi Strawbs,

Richard

Hi Richard,

I'm not sure of the camera model (I'm not at all technical) but I know it's a Sony. We actually have 3 cameras - two are Sony (one of which I cannot find - hence why we have two!) and I think we have a Kodak, too. I'm sure it's a Kodak. So I'm afraid I can't tell you which camera we used when taking the photo - in fact, I don't even remember taking the photo - but we've taken hundreds over the years so I can't remember each and every scene shot. Ertie's a much better photographer than I am - so I'd imagine he took that one. But I doubt he'll remember, either.

I really need to be more organised and start dating and placing my photo albums. I have THOUSANDS of pictures and videos, and when I get a chance I'm going to upload them (and scan some older ones, too) I've been meaning to do it for yonks!

Strawbs

Hi Strawbs, I just asked because being a professional photographer I can see that picture was taken with a different camera to the other pictures, and amateur photographers tend not to have more than one camera. You take great photo's you know!

I'd love to see some more but you don't update daily like you say haha! No worries, in your own time, there's no rush with me I can promise you. If you need any help or guidance with your photo albums or advice on how take good shots I am always happy to oblige. I live in Kent and I think you're south too, so I'm not that far from you. It's no problem for me, that's what these sites are for, to get to know one another and make friends. That goes for everyone else on here too, just let me know if you need a hand.

Richard
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:56 am

SozzledSally wrote:I guessed it was Strawbs but wasnt sure why you was wearing one Embarassed I bet that was a thrill and a half, not sure I could do it tho:affraid: I need to get more dareing! Razz if you do land on water do you have the wheels up or down,how does it work? sorry if this is digging and nosing, I just want to know coz my brothers got booked a flying lesson as a surprise for his birthday, he doesnt know yet tongue I feel a bit scared for him but its what hes always dreamt about so thats what we all clubbed together and got him pale its a one off pleasure flight lesson, I hope you dont mind but if you have any tips to stop me worrying it would be nice

Sal

Hi Sal,

Firstly, you don't need to worry about your brother having to land on water (lol) all first lessons are cross country. Which airfield is he flying from? It won't make any difference - he'll still fly cross country - but I'm just curious as I may know it. Some airfields (most, actually) have grass strips for runways, while the larger ones (usually airports) have tarmac runways. Grass airfields can be quite bumpy, and if it's wet it can be a little difficult to come to a stop and sometimes you have to touch and go and come back in again. Having said that, flying in the winter is much nicer - the visibility is always better - and if there's no crosswinds it's a much smoother landing - and less bumpy flight. Your brother will feel the turbulance much more in a small plane - but that's normal and nothing to be worried about. What I can tell you is the FIRST flight you do is ALWAYS the very best one!

Having said that, it does depend on the person. Some people adore it from the very first moment as soon as they take off, but occasionally a person can freak out and have a panic attack. That's fairly rare, but it can happen - even with those who have always dreamt about going up in a light aircraft. I remember Dave was never that keen on taking people up on a one-off pleasure flight in case they flew into a panic, and he'd have to turn around. One man had a flight booked for his birthday (that was a surprise gift for him, too) and as soon as they got up he froze and wouldn't let go of the yoke (that's the control column - like a steering wheel if you like) and in his panic he was pushing it forward. All planes are dual control, but Dave had to bash the man's arms so he would release his grip on the yoke. I'm just giving you the worst case scenarios - but it's better to be forewarned. BUT that is unusual - and I'm sure your brother will love his experience.

There's no other tips I can give you really - you never fly the plane on your first flight - though you do sit in the captain's seat (on the left) and the instructor will let you have control when you're flying straight and level at about 3000 feet. You only hold the controls - you don't really fly it - but a good instructor should make you feel you have flown a little, and that's a massive thrill for most people.

As far as safety is concerned, before EVERY flight the instructor (or pilot) will do a thorough check of the plane before you even get in it, and it really is thorough. It's almost like an MOT - you check every part of it - from the wings to checking the fuel tanks - and very importantly - a little nut on the tail (which is tiny) but you always, always check that! If there's a problem with that part - you do not take the plane out. And then once you're inside you have to go through a checklist together (you can't miss anything out as you tick off each check in your pre-flight checklist - and you both go through it together - unless you're flying solo) so you can be assured all checks will be done, and the plane will be safe to fly.

That's all the boring stuff you have to do, really - but it's crucial.

Regarding the landing gear not all planes have retractable - some are fixed. Small 2-seater Cessnas etc are fixed, but larger and more powerful ones have retractable gear. Twins always do, and twins are the best if you want to fly over the water or over a city (you can't fly over London in a single engine - it has to be a twin ) but your brother won't be going up in a twin on his first flight - but you can tell him all this, anyway. He'll be able to impress his instructor! Flying instructors love enthusiasts - I've noticed that. And if your brother takes to it he'll be hooked - I guarantee it! I became hooked! I love you It's a wonderful feeling of freedom flying up like a bird - there's nothing like it in the world. Gosh, I miss it.

But I've done it - hundreds of times - and I don't need to anymore.

Your brother will love it - I know he will.

When I get the chance I'll upload my videos and pictures of when we flew - and when we did aerobatics in Dave's plane affraid I'll have a quick moosy on youtube to see if there's any first flights so you can get an idea what it's like - I can promise you it is safe and FANTASTIC. When I came down from my first first flight I was buzzing for days - so much so I booked another one 5 days later and signed up for a course! Razz If your brother loves it as much as I did - there'll be no stopping him - remember my words.

Strawbs

Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:28 am

Here you go, Sal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCQoH4UFyaE

I found this one from Biggin Hill where I used to fly - and this would be the worst scenario if the land gear didn't retract - and you can see it's no problem if it doesn't lower. I think this may be a practice run (you always go round so the tower can double check that it's down ) but looking at his altimemeter he was flying too low to do near-stalls (that's where the buzzer sounds) he was flying at only 1500 to 2000 feet - so I think it may have been a pretend emergency. It looked staged to me - bet the tower and fire guys were pissed off it was! Those fire guys are lovely, though.

By the way, when you land, that buzzer sounds on touchdown so tell your brother to expect it. It happens every time. It can sound scary the first tme, but it's perfectly normal.

Very quickly, let me know how long you think that runway is - you'll never guess by looking at it.

Strawbs
    Philllipa
    Philllipa

Post  Philllipa Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:03 pm

Strawbs you should write guides about things your so good at it,but I think that youtube link would put me off A BIT OR A LOT cyclops

Pipxoxo
    Turkishheartdrop
    Turkishheartdrop

Post  Turkishheartdrop Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:51 pm

Strawbs that looks scarey tbh...but I bet you get a buss out of it..I would love to give it a go.. it looks the dogs bollocks.........nice to see a pilots view of a runway as well..
    Turkishheartdrop
    Turkishheartdrop

Post  Turkishheartdrop Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:55 pm

Strawbs is it as loud as that when you fly...it sounds loud I cant hear them talk...
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:09 pm

Hi THD,

No, it isn't as loud as that when you're flying - you wear headphones! The reason it sounds loud is that the microphone on the video wan't wearing any lol You wear headphones to talk to air traffic control, and the reason you couldn't hear the pilot talking was the sound of the engine drowned out his voice.

When you've got the headphones on it's MUCH quieter.

I'm busy today, but I'll try and upload my own vidoes on there soon - the ones where we're doing aerobatics are really exciting! It will give you a thrill just watching it.

I'm waiting for Sal to pop back up! I sometimes wonder why I bother.........

Maybe she's gone to find out how long the runway is at Biggin drunken

Oh, slightly off-topic (again!) but in the link I put up of Biggin, the trees just before the runway actually hide a dual carriageway and all the lamposts are shorter than normal to allow for aircraft landing. But along those trees are some houses, and one woman bought a house there about 20 years ago - and then used to complain about the aircraft! Exclamation She'd take a note of the number of the plane, and then phone up to complain and say the plane was flying too low! Suspect She LOVED moaning! lol That's like buying a house by a railway bridge and complaining about the trains going past!

Strawbs
    Turkishheartdrop
    Turkishheartdrop

Post  Turkishheartdrop Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:24 pm

Silly me....I shud have worked that out.....it looks better than anything Strawbs I cant think what it feels like to be in it....is it like sex.....
    William909
    William909

Post  William909 Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:40 pm

Phwoar!!! You've got some spunk in you girl!!! You dare devil you!

I'm VERY adventurous too! I don't fly but I've done 2 bungee jumps and boy were they a thrill!! Have you tried parachuting? I'd love to come tandem!!

Any other adventurous girls on here? Bill

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:40 pm