Turkish Chatter

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Turkish Chatter

Discussion group for all women with Turkish men in their lives

+2
Guveclover
ruby
6 posters

16 year old Army Girl

ruby
    ruby

16 year old Army Girl Empty 16 year old Army Girl

Post  ruby Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:28 pm

Can you believe it, there is a 16 year old Army girl posting on that Army Board saying she has not seen her askim since last October and she has just 18 sleeps until (I assume) she sees him and she is sooo excited.

He finishes Military April 2012.

This girl is 16, what the hell are her parents/carers thinking of allowing this LDR? This girl should be thinking of her future, going to college, getting a good education, having fun mixing with youngsters her own age. She is not old enough to be contemplating a relationship with a Turk 2,000 miles away.

It really beggars belief that her parents are allowing her to get tangled up with this Turk at such a young age. What's the betting that her mother has had a Turkish fling? It usually ends up in a complete circle Exclamation

When is the manager of TL going to step in and take some responsibility to guide these vulnerable girls? Instead of dishing out those stupid cyber roses, take off the horse goggles and help this girl by giving her some guidance on what the agendas are of some of these Turds.

Thank goodness he will not be able to get a Visa out of her for years, so hopefully it will all fizzle out by then, but what a waste of this young girl's life hanging around waiting for this Turd to finish the Army.

Ruby

Guveclover
    Guveclover

16 year old Army Girl Empty Re: 16 year old Army Girl

Post  Guveclover Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:56 pm

I think that TL is (and EGOTM before it was) peppered with women who quite clearly became involved with their Turds at an alarmingly young age - some as young as 16 or 17. I suppose some might argue that it's nice to see that a few years down the road they're still with them but to be quite honest, I certainly wouldn't want to see my 16, 17 or even 18, 19 or 20 year old daughter settling down with a man - any man - at such a young age. Many of them have had children at a very young age too and so with the responsibility of that, have effectively missed out on their youth entirely.

Young people need to get out and see and enjoy life; meet new people, make friends, make something of themselves, get something behind then in terms of material possessions, and work experience, gain some life experience, make a few mistakes and most of all, mature.

As I've said before, there are two camps on TL - those who have been with their Turds since they were just out of school and are now married and saddled with kids and have really experienced nothing of what life has to offer them, or those who have led extremely sheltered lives and not lived the lives that young people should and so, as a result, have the naive approach of teenagers now that they are in their 30s and 40s.

Teenz
    Teenz

Post  Teenz Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:55 pm

Well it looks like it has been going on for a bit of a while, wonder how old she was when she met him?

Parents must be mad
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:01 pm

I think it's dreadfully sad that this 16-year-old girl doesn't have any sensible, influental elder to guide her - it certainly doesn't sound like she does from what she says.

I actually think it's rather abnormal for such a young girl to keep a crush going for such a length of time; usually at 16 your tastes change like the weather, and you go on and off boys at the drop of a hat. I would guess that the only type of young girl who would be so dedicated to a LDR with a Turkish boy would be one who islolated in some way and doesn't have a normal social life, or is disadvantaged in some way. Then again she could be one of those very cocky, young girls who thinks she knows it all - and those types are usually carbon copies of their mothers.

In a minority of cases these relationships can progress (I think I've read of ONE case) but 99% of the time they don't. Everyone knows your tastes change as you're growing up : what you found attractive at 16 you don't at 18 - and that carries on possibly until you're about 30 in some cases! I guarantee each and every one of us has balked at the memory of a boy we dated in our teens - who we thought was the bees knees - and laughed at how we could have found him remotely appealing!

As we grow and mature - we change - and this girl is no different. Unless she's in that one percent minority she will live to regret this relationship if it escalates out of control; and she finds herself saddled with a baby and an absent father - which usually happens. Someone should also remind her that this boy is probably as fickle as all boys his age are, and one day will wake up and realise he doesn't even want to take her calls anymore, because he's simply just 'gone off her'. That's what happens at that age - you just 'go off them' for no other reason except the fact you're growing up and changing.....

Strawbs
    ruby
    ruby

Post  ruby Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:36 am

Dont worry Strawbs, when you said

'I think it's dreadfully sad that this 16-year-old girl doesn't have any sensible, influental elder to guide her - it certainly doesn't sound like she does from what she says.'

Well rest assured, Melcuma has stepped in to offer some pearls of wisdom. After all, they are on about the same wavelength Very Happy

Ruby
    Adryath
    Adryath

Post  Adryath Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:45 am

How sad! At 16 she should be having fun with her friends, not involved in someone from Turkey. I can't believe her parents allow it to go on. I assume if she is 16 then she must have met this man when she was on holiday with them, what were they thinking of?

I'm pretty sure it will never last but it is such a shame that she is wasting her time waiting around for someone instead of living a normal teenage life.
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:43 pm

Hi Adryath,

I couldn't agree more.

I don't know if this is a holiday crush which has just spiralled due to technology. Before computers (MSN/Skype/FB) and mobile phones/texting - the only means of keeping in contact was by handwritten letters or the man arranging to phone you at a specific time, often from a telephone box. But they were the genuine ones who really did have a crush on you......

Now it's all too easy for a man to tap out a text (often from a selection on his template) and that's why these ridiculous holiday romances keep bumpung along. If the man/boy had to walk to telephone boxes at specific times or write letters by hand and go and post them, 99% of these 'relationships' would come to a swift stop within about a week. What's quite funny is even with the ease of technology many of these Turds STILL can't be arsed to make contact!

So I expect this 16-year-old is in her bedroom each night devoting all her time to talking to this silly Turd, and I'd guess that her parents aren't one iota interested what she's doing up in her bedroom. I think it's terribly unhealthy (both physically and mentally) to be stuck indoors on your computer at such a young age. OK, computers weren't around when I was 16, but I can't imagine what it must be like to be stuck at home at that age. The poor girl isn't experiencing anything of life is she? All her youth is being wasted stuck indoors, and for a Turd at that! One who she probably won't fancy in a year from now......let's hope she doesn't get pregnant in the meantime.

Strawbs

Pollypecker
    Pollypecker

Post  Pollypecker Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:28 pm

The girls just a kid, her folks should be ashamed of themself!!

Pol

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 12:03 am