Turkish Chatter

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Turkish Chatter

Discussion group for all women with Turkish men in their lives

+3
hayleyvemehmet
Admin
honey
7 posters

New year resolutions

honey
    honey

New year resolutions Empty New year resolutions

Post  honey Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:14 am

This year I've been good so far (only 3 days I know Embarassed ) but I am trying and will stick to it. Mine are this year

Shift 1 and a half stone
    I've cut down to 5 giggies a day (can't do both at once)
    Started washin these men out my hair (long story)

Yours? Wink
    Admin
    Admin

New year resolutions Empty Re: New year resolutions

Post  Admin Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:06 pm

Hi Honey,

Good luck with the weight loss and quitting smoking (albeit in stages!) Will you be exercising too? I always think exercise is good for when you're dieting - it keeps you motivated - and while exercise will never change your shape (though I'm sure you've got a very feminine shape, anyway! Wink ) it will help keep you fit and improve your muscle tone to a degree. Though you don't want big wide stout tree-trunk legs (lol) so you don't need to go mad! haha Mind you, if you're washing your men out of your hair and looking to find a new one, there are some men who go for stout women - so all is not lost (as long as you're not fussy! tongue )

Do tell us your story about these men of yours - it's always good to share your experiences - it helps the readers. Very Happy

Back to New Year resolutions - oooooh, that would be telling!

I'll reveal them soon, though! sunny

Strawbs

hayleyvemehmet
    hayleyvemehmet

Post  hayleyvemehmet Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:23 pm

Good luck with that honey Smile personally i do not make resolutions because then the pressure to keep to them is off,and i can stumble along in my own way xx
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:36 am

hayleyvemehmet wrote:Good luck with that honey Smile personally i do not make resolutions because then the pressure to keep to them is off,and i can stumble along in my own way xx

Hi Hayley,

I think you've got a very good point there! In fact, I was reading somewhere a couple of years back, that the best time to make 'new year' resolutions is in March! Shocked It sounds crazy, but more people tend to stick to their diets and stop smoking if they start it in March - which makes sense in a way - January and February can be cold, gloomy etc, so it's not really the ideal time to deny oneself! Wink

Personally, I believe in NEVER denying myself! tongue Sounds like we have that in common.... Wink

Strawbs
    Maria
    Maria

Post  Maria Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:33 pm

Wrong Strawbs the best time to make them is 31st December hehe

Im with Hayley on this, I dont bother! Very Happy

Maria
    hyatum
    hyatum

Post  hyatum Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:56 pm

I love making New Year resolutions.....well they are sort of my dreams for the year... Very Happy

This year, I want to; spend a little time of each day reading, writing and learning something new! and my biggest dream is to go and do a portrait painting course in Florence !!

Nicks
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:48 pm

hyatum wrote:I love making New Year resolutions.....well they are sort of my dreams for the year... Very Happy

This year, I want to; spend a little time of each day reading, writing and learning something new! and my biggest dream is to go and do a portrait painting course in Florence !!

Nicks

Oh Nicks!

Portait painting in Florence!!?? God, that sounds so bloody lovely!! Exclamation I ADORE Italy (everything about it) so I'd definitely make the hop over there to watch you paint!

How romantic and wonderful to go painting in Florence...

Do you think you will go this year?

Strawbs
    ruby
    ruby

Post  ruby Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:13 am

hayleyvemehmet wrote:Good luck with that honey Smile personally i do not make resolutions because then the pressure to keep to them is off,and i can stumble along in my own way xx

Here here Hayley, I dont make new year resolutions as I am useless at keeping them, so by not making them I dont disappoint myself or others. Very Happy

Ruby
    hyatum
    hyatum

Post  hyatum Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:35 am

Hi Strawbs

I so hope that I will get to Italy...just to paint...whenever I have been there, it is to ski...but I am so over the skiing!!! I know you love it but I was born under an African sky so the cold weather just gets to my bones. All that snow, shit-cold weather and glare, I get cabin-fever too quickly and whenever I look down the mountains I feel as though I am going down to my grave lol! My family all race around the 'blacks' and off-piste and I am just happy to hang tentavily around the blue's. Nope, I would would rather go trekking in Kenya or Tanzania. lol!

This last year I did Turkey, the States, a 6 week trans-African trip and a trip to the Serengeti!!! I adore travelling through Africa, there are parts that are still so wild and unspoilt. This year Florence is high on my list......otherwise I shall be going to Botswana, Zambia and Nambia, Turkey and I would also love to go to China or Cambodia. Anywhere where the street photograpy is COOL!!!

Rubes, you should really take up the offer for Auz, Sydney is the most awesome city!!!

Nicks xxx elephant
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:56 pm

hyatum wrote:Hi Strawbs

I so hope that I will get to Italy...just to paint...whenever I have been there, it is to ski...but I am so over the skiing!!! I know you love it but I was born under an African sky so the cold weather just gets to my bones. All that snow, shit-cold weather and glare, I get cabin-fever too quickly and whenever I look down the mountains I feel as though I am going down to my grave lol! My family all race around the 'blacks' and off-piste and I am just happy to hang tentavily around the blue's. Nope, I would would rather go trekking in Kenya or Tanzania. lol!

This last year I did Turkey, the States, a 6 week trans-African trip and a trip to the Serengeti!!! I adore travelling through Africa, there are parts that are still so wild and unspoilt. This year Florence is high on my list......otherwise I shall be going to Botswana, Zambia and Nambia, Turkey and I would also love to go to China or Cambodia. Anywhere where the street photograpy is COOL!!!

Rubes, you should really take up the offer for Auz, Sydney is the most awesome city!!!

Nicks xxx elephant

Hi Nicks,

Ooooh, I love the snow! Mind you, I love the warm, sunny weather, too. sunny

It's funny, because I really do feel the cold, but I don't feel cold when skiing! The snow is drier in the Alps than it is in the UK - it doesn't seem to have that 'damp, cold' feel to it - it's much more fluffy and dry. And, of course, when the sun is shining - which it always seems to except for when it's snowing - I actually feel warm! But I have got my thermals on - sexeeee! tongue I sometimes even undo my ski-suit when I'm having lunch at the top of the mountain, and take in the sunshine. The only time I HATE skiing is when there's a white-out - it does feel cold then - and I always head for the nearest lift; get myself off the mountain and go and have a nice cup of hot chocolate with a large drop of brandy! Any excuse - me!lol

When you say you look down the mountain and feel like you're going to your grave ( What a Face ) what do you mean exactly? I always feel exhilarated at the top of the mountain, and seeing the snow sparkling like diamonds underneath such clear, deep blue skies and sunshine is fantastic. Seeing the village below is beautiful, too! Do you mean you look down a drop when you're skiing down a run and get a bit unnerved, then? Suspect

Actually, skiing is all about confidence isn't it? Once you've mastered the technique and have practiced like mad, it's basically confidence I suppose. We all ski slower after a fall don't we!? Question

I also think some people just love skiing, while others just hate it. There's not really an in-between. I have days on skiing holidays where I wake up all stiff, and think to myself I'll take the morning off and have a sauna, massage, whirlpool instead etc (or float around in the outdoor swimming pool taking in the scenery) but I NEVER do - I always end up skiing instead. Although I do sometimes have a sauna/massage/jacuzzi after skiing - much better that way round! lol

I have done a couple of black runs in the past, but I tend to stick to red - or do a blue sometimes. Ertie can do reds now, so we can take the afternoon off from ski school and do some runs together at our own leisure - which is lovely. It's much nicer when you're doing it together.

I've never gone off piste, but it's something I've always fancied - if I wasn't such a chicken! I just worry about causing an avalanche - I'm the sort of person that would happen to! The thought of of being buried by thousands of tons of snow terrifies me! affraid I've never done heli-skiing, either - I think you've got to be extreme to go that far. But it's like a lot of adrenaline sports - you always need more don't you... drunken

Agree with you about Sydney - it's fantastic out there. I could very happily live out there! It's got absolutely everything - and more.

Africa sounds beautiful - I'd love to go on safari..........

Strawbs

Turkishheartdrop
    Turkishheartdrop

Post  Turkishheartdrop Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:53 pm

new year res....gonna keep to the topic....LOL...
    hyatum
    hyatum

Post  hyatum Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:44 am

HI Strawbs

Sorry to be off the subject TLD! lol! just reponding to Strawbs....and yes I def need a reminder as I go off at a tangent sometimes flower

Strawbs, I think I have vertigo.....I feel really uncomfortable in high places....except I do love flying (in a big aeroplane, am s$%t scared of small planes, my dad used to fly us around as kids and he was a hooligan!!). If I go to the top of a high-rise building I am terrified and the same goes for when I am on steep mountains...feel like I am on Everest and not a ski slope lol! I am happy on long gentle slopes but the first time I went skiing was taken on a black and had to do a lot of 'shussing' where one mountain joined the next. All the rest of the party were very gung-ho and crazy whilst I became more and more terrified, which is odd as I am mostly pretty brave and adventurous. Drop me out in the ocean and I am so comfortable, or walk in the bush with big animals and I don't turn a feather but mountains ....eish, I turn into a donkey on stilts! scratch

Ah yes, I love Italy and I really want to go to Florence and paint, so that is my little wish for this year.

(And yes you would love it here, Africa is the most beautiful continent, you cannot beat a sunset with a cold G & T or nice cold white wine..... on the water in the wild.....but as we say in Sarf Efrican.... 'not for sissies')

Nicks xx
    ruby
    ruby

Post  ruby Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:19 am

Sex, drugs and rock n roll lol!

Rubes
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:43 pm

hyatum wrote:HI Strawbs

Sorry to be off the subject TLD! lol! just reponding to Strawbs....and yes I def need a reminder as I go off at a tangent sometimes flower

Strawbs, I think I have vertigo.....I feel really uncomfortable in high places....except I do love flying (in a big aeroplane, am s$%t scared of small planes, my dad used to fly us around as kids and he was a hooligan!!). If I go to the top of a high-rise building I am terrified and the same goes for when I am on steep mountains...feel like I am on Everest and not a ski slope lol! I am happy on long gentle slopes but the first time I went skiing was taken on a black and had to do a lot of 'shussing' where one mountain joined the next. All the rest of the party were very gung-ho and crazy whilst I became more and more terrified, which is odd as I am mostly pretty brave and adventurous. Drop me out in the ocean and I am so comfortable, or walk in the bush with big animals and I don't turn a feather but mountains ....eish, I turn into a donkey on stilts! scratch

Ah yes, I love Italy and I really want to go to Florence and paint, so that is my little wish for this year.

(And yes you would love it here, Africa is the most beautiful continent, you cannot beat a sunset with a cold G & T or nice cold white wine..... on the water in the wild.....but as we say in Sarf Efrican.... 'not for sissies')

Nicks xx

Hi Nicks,

Oh, I go off on a tangent all the time! Rolling Eyes I even get on my OWN nerves! Laughing Sorry THD - you'll just have to read something else!

Anyway, Nicks, I love your description of a donkey on stilts! That is soo funny!

It's funny, you know, because I think I also have vertigo. I've told people this before and they've always laughed at me and have asked how I can be scared of heights when I've flown planes and skied on the top of mountains Exclamation BUT, I never have vertigo when flying or skiing, and I think that's because you know you can't fall down/off. On top of the mountains I never feel like I can fall off - because it's so wide I suppose. The only steep or very long drops on a mountain I've been on are always secured off with that red netting stuff - maybe that gives me a false sense of security? Shocked Never thought of it before!

I have had a touch of vertigo on a chair-lift when the lift stopped for about 10 minutes and I was actually alone in the chair (I'd whissed quickly into the lift queue thinking everyone was behind me - and when I got onto the chair and looked round no-one was there!) Typically it had to be THEN when the lift stopped midway and it suddenly dawned on me as I looked down just how F*&^$%!!!!ggg high up I was and what a long fall I'd have if I suddenly went bananas, panicked, and pulled the safety bar up like some demented lunatic all in a state! affraid Maybe I'm the only fruitloop who feels like that in a broken down chairlift? cyclops Have to admit that it took all my mental stamina not to think about the looooooooooong fall I'd have if I suddenly flipped and jumped out the chair, and luckily I had my hip flask and fags in my pocket - so they helped a lot! Oh, and I struck up a conversation (albeit having to shout somewhat) with the people in the chair behind me, and that kind of kept me from flipping and having a panic attack. So yes, I probably do have vertigo in certain circumstances. But, as I say, when I'm skiing I don't at all. And I never have vertigo in a gondola either - again, probably because I know I can't fall out.

Is your vertigo similar to that? Is it more the fear you might flip and lose control? I knew a woman who couldn't walk on a pier because she thought she might flip and jump into the sea!! I'm not that bad, but I understood what she meant. I know there's a lot of people who can't even walk over bridges in case they go mad and jump into the river. It sounds really peculiar doesn't it? I'm very interested in psychology and did study it for a time, so I have some insight into people's psyche (though I'm still baffled by myself! clown ) and I have a theory that quite a few 'suicides' on railway lines are actually people who have just panicked, flipped and jumped onto the line. That sounds REALLY mad, but in London the tube has jumpers every single week and while some of them are obvious suicides, some of them are unexplained and no-one understands what made them jump. I suspect it's a kind of vertigo thing that makes them panic. Oh dear, what will THD think about THIS off-topic tangent? cyclops What is this topic, again? tongue

Oooh, just read that the first time you went skiing they took you on a black!! Shocked What on earth made them do that!? And how on earth did you manage to tackle it!? I can see how a total beginner could shush down a shortish steep stretch (though you must have immense confidence to do that, Nicks!) but the trouble with shushing is it doesn't always shush you to the top of the other side! Blimey, if you shushed all the way down a black you must have reached about 150mph! I'm surprised you managed to stay upright. No wonder you hate skiing if that was your first experience! Actually, I like a little shush sometimes (so exhilerating!) but I only tend to do those in the afternoon when I've really loosened up and am full of Gluhwein and confidence! Naughty me, eh! tongue Do you know, it's actually illegal to get sloshed when skiing? Lots of people are well over the limit, though, in the afternoon - all those long mountain hut lunches of Gluhwein and Jagertee - hot drinks go straight to the head don't they drunken - mind you I always soak mine up with either goulash soup or a hot bratwurst sausage with skinny fries (who would think sausage and chips could taste soooo good! tongue must be all the fresh crisp mountain air - oh - and the delicious way they cook their sausages and grease-free crispy chips)

Anyway, I've rambled on a bit - as usual!

I must say your description of Africa sounds heavenly............

When you think of all the different types of beauty we have on this planet it's amazing isn't it? That's why I can't understand people who go to the same country year in year out. But I have a theory on that too! I suspect their families were the type who took an annual two-week holiday to the same caravan park every year (same weeks, same month) or visited the same hotel in a Spanish resort year in year out - and stayed firmly glued to their little bit of rented space for the fortnight - even getting up at 5 a.m. to put the family towels on THEIR sunbeds!!

Strawbs
    Maria
    Maria

Post  Maria Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:09 pm

Strawbs how can u get vertigo on a train platform? Suspect Suspect how highs the tube platform in london? Suspect I got the rest but not that part so Im all confussed now Shocked

Maria x

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 4:44 pm