Turkish Chatter

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Turkish Chatter

Discussion group for all women with Turkish men in their lives

+2
Guveclover
Admin
6 posters

What Time Are You Opening?

Admin
    Admin

What Time Are You Opening? Empty What Time Are You Opening?

Post  Admin Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:08 am

I'm a bit confused with the times (plus my clocks are always fast) anyway, I understand they're opening at 9.02pm in Wolverhampton, but I'm not sure what time we're opening in London? Anyone know? I've decided to fast for Cuma. I don't know him, but I just want to support him.

Strawbs
    Guveclover
    Guveclover

What Time Are You Opening? Empty Re: What Time Are You Opening?

Post  Guveclover Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:27 am

Here you go Strawbs, here's a timetable for you. We couldn't have you chowing down before it was time now could we?!! What sort of support would you be to Cuma doing that?!

http://www.ramadantimetable.co.uk/ramadantimetable-uk/london

I'm sure Cuma will appreciate it as he faces the trials and tribulations of his last 200 days of army life. She seems to be under the impresson he hates the army but from what I can see of it, it's a safe haven for him to retreat to after the last three long exhausting weeks spent dodging her.

P.S I trust you will be breaking your fast with one of JW's yummy ramazan bars...?
    Adryath
    Adryath

Post  Adryath Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:37 am

Opening? Is that the real phrase for it or something someone has just made up? I can honestly say I have never heard that expression before Rolling Eyes
    Guveclover
    Guveclover

Post  Guveclover Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:32 am

It's probably a literal translation and we all know how much the Turdophile EGOT types over on TL love using those don't we?

They love to say daft things like "he closed the 'phone on me" or "he wouldn't open his 'phone". In fact they have whole threads dedicated to them. Sad but true. Rolling Eyes

Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:59 pm

Hi Judith,

Thanks for that link to the opening times. Much appreciated. I feel a whole lot better now knowing that I'm supporting Cuma, and even though he doesn't know me I know I'll be helping him by fasting for him.

One thing I'm slightly confused about : this link you sent to the opening times - do you know who set these opening times? The reason I ask is I noticed on a few days their opening times are as little as one minute earlier than the previous day, to 3 minutes earlier on other days. Of course, most of them change by 2 minutes (which I understand is in accordance with sundown each day) so how do they speed it up - or slow it down? Could they be cheating in some way? tongue Or maybe a saucy Muslim felt like getting up to mischief?

I'm going to have great difficulty with this as all my clocks, watch etc show different times, so I could be opening almost half an hour early. I hope this won't have a detrimental affect on Cuma. I do worry so. Oh, and to make matters worse, I can't get hold of 18 of the ingredients for those JW Ramazan Bars. I really am in a pickle.

Strawbs
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:06 pm

Guveclover wrote:

I'm sure Cuma will appreciate it as he faces the trials and tribulations of his last 200 days of army life. She seems to be under the impresson he hates the army but from what I can see of it, it's a safe haven for him to retreat to after the last three long exhausting weeks spent dodging her.

Oooops, I meant to reply to this very valid point of yours. I too believe Cuma sees the army as a safe haven! I bet if he was of a sadistic nature he'd carry a bat around with him and beat her off with that, but I don't think that's in his nature. He's possibly quite a decent, simple man who just wants a quiet, peaceful life, and isn't quite sure how to shake her off. I can see her eventually clinging onto his leg for dear life until he eventually explodes and shakes her off violently. All that ducking and diving he's had to do in Marmaris must have been exhausting for him, and I bet he broke into a cold sweat as soon as he saw her approaching like one of those stray dogs you can't shoo away. They just hang around until you give them a titbit. And that only makes them linger more. Phut!

Of course, if Cuma was in the village where they're 1000 years behind the times, he could probably beat her with a stick (no thicker than a thumb according to Victorian guidelines - which I think would apply in the villages too) and then have her slung in the local asylum. But that's only in his fantasies.....in Marmaris he has to suffer her. He suffered her in eastern Turkey for a few days too didn't he? Well, for a few hours. I suspect he's quite an amiable, harmless boy who probably doesn't want to hurt her, but he can't resist the socks, chocolate and tobacco she so loves sending him. I wonder if he self-harms over that? Self-harming is rife amongst Turkish men - especially in the army. Back to her, she obviously hasn't read that book 'He's Just Not That Into You' and will still be wondering why he's avoiding her when she's 107 and has a top of the range hearing aid that doesn't whistle when she adjusts it.

I think she has a few other problems too. Besides being a Turkeyholic she could have a thick skull; and besides being a bit deaf and myopic - she seems to be functioning in neutral all the time. Whereas with most people messages get through to the brain in a nanosecond,, hers seem to take a while getting through - if at all. Even when he's been hiding in shops and ducking behind counters to avoid her, she doesn't seem to notice his lack of enthusiasm. I suspect when she's travelling back home on the plane she's one of those with a blank glassy-eyed gaze who looks like she's just resurfaced from a coma, and wears a fixed little smile throughout as she stares blankly into space. And she'd be not trouble. No trouble at all. She's one of those very pleasant, eager girls who drive men round the twist with their incessant, gormless grinning and eagerness to be please.

I can see Coma Cuma ending up being transferred to the army hospital suffering from 'nerves'. He's got 2 more years of this hasn't he? Oh, it can't be 2 years, surely? Maybe he's not even in the army anymore!

Strawbs

Maria
    Maria

Post  Maria Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:56 pm

The countdown times confused me too Shocked is it 2 minutes earlier every day till winter? I think so.

Maria
    Teenz
    Teenz

Post  Teenz Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:01 pm

Opening times, Sounds like mouth opening times to greadily eat as much as possible to last the duration until next opening time pig lol!

ruby
    ruby

Post  ruby Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:28 am

I've got news for Cuma, he does not need to participate in Ramazam as he is now safely back in his sanctuary away from the obsessive other half having a rest by completing his remaining 200 days of military duties (long may they last I hear him say cheers ), and unless he is assigned a desk job, it is not compulsory to partake in Ramazam/Ramadam. Exclamation

To everyone who is offering their support, you can now feel extremely proud of your efforts and refrain from killing yourself from starvation and thirst drunken

Ruby

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 6:11 pm