Turkish Chatter

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Turkish Chatter

Discussion group for all women with Turkish men in their lives

5 posters

The things children say!!!!!!!

ruby
    ruby

The things children say!!!!!!! Empty The things children say!!!!!!!

Post  ruby Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:22 am

My 6 year old grandson said to me today 'Nan are gypsies fat?', before I could reply his younger sister replied 'ahrrrr Daddy said you are not allowed to say the word gypsy', so my grandson said 'but Nan are they fat?', I said 'no they are not and its not a very nice word to say', he then informed me 'well Nan I saw an advert of the telly saying a big fat gypsy is getting married at Christmas'. Laughing It then clicked he was talking about the TV series Big Fat Gypsy Wedding and they have indeed got a Christmas special next week.

Any other kiddies howlers?

Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

The things children say!!!!!!! Empty Re: The things children say!!!!!!!

Post  Admin Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:07 pm

Oh, I love hearing about the funny things children say! sunny

One of the most embarrassing ones was when my daughter was about 9-years-old and she'd come along with me and my husband for a hospital appointment. We were sat in the waiting area, which was quite full of people, and very quiet, when she started flicking through the magazines and reading them. She obviously came to the agony aunt page, and then asked us both - in a very clear LOUDISH voice:

"What does master bate mean?"

Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Embarassed

Strawbs
    Pollypecker
    Pollypecker

Post  Pollypecker Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:12 am

I love these threads Very Happy my nephew asked me last year when we was walking down the road and I told him he was getting taller if he would be as tall as the sky when he he grows up lol!

Pol x
    ruby
    ruby

Post  ruby Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:16 am

Another chestnut my grandson came out with the other day, he has been doing a project at school on World War 2. I said as a special treat I would take him and his sister to the German Market in Birmingham. He said all worried 'oh no Nan, dont want to see any German's' lol!

Rubes
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:08 pm

Haha, Ruby! Oh children are just sooo funny aren't they?! Laughing

A good few weeks ago I was speaking on the phone to my daughter, and it was when we'd had some torrential rain and my daughter was telling me that she had loads of slugs in the garden - right up to the back door. Eeeew! While she was telling me this my 5-year-old granddaughter was sitting close to her playing with her toys, and obviously heard my daughter talking about the slugs. Suddenly, she looked up from her toys and called out in a very disapproving voice:

"I don't even LIKE slugs, so I don't know why they've all come here!"

Strawbs
    hyatum
    hyatum

Post  hyatum Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:35 am

Children are so precious......and so honest and funny! my little ones are trying to feed a baby barn swallow that has been abondoned by it's mom. They are shoving large insects almost equal in size down the poor things throat. I have an idea the insects could eat the swallow lol! Yesterday they were playing game-rangers and the one little boy was an antelope and the others lions. I heard a terrible yelp and the 'antelope' came screaming out of the long grass because the 'lions' had taken their roles very seriously and he had bite marks all over his arms and legs! Little terrors. affraid

Nicks
    Turkishheartdrop
    Turkishheartdrop

Post  Turkishheartdrop Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:57 pm

Aww bless...what sweet storys....kiddies are just so lovely for words..........specially at christmas..they make it....
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:56 pm

Oh, Nicks that sounds so funny but sweet, too!

This isn't really funny, as such, but over the Christmas I got all comfortable on my daughter's sofa and thought I'd watch the TV for a rest when my grandson who's 3 ran up to me with the 'throw' (blanket) and excitedly asked me for a 'cuggle'! lol So he jumped on me and really snuggled up under the throw with his arms hugging me, then he said - all excitedly - "I'll go and get my dummy!!"

So he ran off and came back with his - and one for me! Haha! Then he got back under the blanket for a big fat cuddle!

It was a real precious moment.....

Strawbs
    Turkishheartdrop
    Turkishheartdrop

Post  Turkishheartdrop Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:34 pm

Aw bless..he sounds lovely strawbs....

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:03 pm