Turkish Chatter

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Turkish Chatter

Discussion group for all women with Turkish men in their lives

+6
Pollypecker
Admin
Maria
ruby
Turkishheartdrop
curlyboop
10 posters

Fun poll for everyone - 10 things about you!

curlyboop
    curlyboop

Fun poll for everyone - 10 things about you! Empty Fun poll for everyone - 10 things about you!

Post  curlyboop Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:10 am

Hi all,

I always see in magazines when they interview a star who will state "20 things most people don't know about me". I thought it would be fun to do a "ten things about me" poll so we can learn about each other. I'll start of course!

1. I am good friends with a woman my rat also ratted.

2. I can find any name on the Vietnam Memorial in under 15 seconds.

3. I have attached earlobes, a hyper-extended thumb and I can put my feet behind my head.

4. I was born with a webbed toe. The doctor who separated it took skin from my leg and I now have a scar in the shape of his initials.

5. If I am in a roomful of strangers, I can put all the couples together with 100% accuracy.

6. I dated a male stripper who stripped for men and a cK underwear model.

7. I love to be onstage and perform but I am tone deaf. Not that it stops me ...

8. I have a will of steel. Don't tell me I can't.

9. I am a certified personal trainer and a certified ESL teacher but have never worked as either.

10. I love doing other people's makeup!

Last edited by curlyboop on Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Turkishheartdrop
    Turkishheartdrop

Fun poll for everyone - 10 things about you! Empty Re: Fun poll for everyone - 10 things about you!

Post  Turkishheartdrop Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:19 pm

nice one Curly......dont think I can beat yours..........gonna sit down and have a think then put my 20 up.......LOL...
    ruby
    ruby

Fun poll for everyone - 10 things about you! Empty Re: Fun poll for everyone - 10 things about you!

Post  ruby Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:38 pm

Nice one Curly

Mine are as follows:-

1. I can crack open a bottle of wine in less than 5 seconds

2. I can drink a bottle of wine in under one hour

3. As Strawbs will confirm, I am unable to speak once I have consumed too much alcohol and have to give up on any conversation

4. I have met Roger Taylor from Queen

5. I have met the cast of the Phantom of the Opera (fortunately no wine was consumed prior to the meeting Smile )

6. I can eat 6 kunufe's in one sitting and still remain a size 8

7. I dispose of men like Kleenex

8. I adore my Turkish askim Harry

9. I was born extremely intelligent and can sniff out a love rat in the blink of an eye

10. I can count the genuine friends on the fingers of both my hands
    Maria
    Maria

Post  Maria Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:18 am

Curly this is a good one girl!! Smile Some of your things are awesome!!! I am like THD gonna have to think about mine and write them in later!!! great topic!! Laughing

Maria x
    curlyboop
    curlyboop

Post  curlyboop Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:08 pm

Added bonus (and because I want you all to answer!), the guy at 3:15 is a very good friend of mine (please excuse the salty language):

Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:57 pm

Hey Curly!!

What a GREAT topic!!

Well done you - and you've got some pretty amazing facts in your list!!

Looks like I'm going to have to the same as the others, and come back with my list!! I'll think it over while I make my coffee...........

But I will be back - promise!

I love topics like this.

Oh, and THD etc.....are you still musing?????

Strawbs

Pollypecker
    Pollypecker

Post  Pollypecker Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:05 am

Hear hear great topic Smile looks like me too am gonna have to go away and think lol but in like some (saying nothing) I will be back! Razz

Pol x
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:52 am

curlyboop wrote:Hi all,

I always see in magazines when they interview a star who will state "20 things most people don't know about me". I thought it would be fun to do a "ten things about me" poll so we can learn about each other. I'll start of course!

3. I have attached earlobes, a hyper-extended thumb and I can put my feet behind my head.

4. I was born with a webbed toe. The doctor who separated it took skin from my leg and I now have a scar in the shape of his initials.

5. If I am in a roomful of strangers, I can put all the couples together with 100% accuracy.

7. I love to be onstage and perform but I am tone deaf. Not that it stops me ...

9. I am a certified personal trainer and a certified ESL teacher but have never worked as either.

Hi Curly,

What actually are extended earlobes???

And number 5 on your list: I bet you couldn't do that in Marmaris!!! Have you SEEN some of the 'couples' there??? cyclops

I've got to think of my 10 things......but I will be back in a while and post them up!!

Strawbs
    curlyboop
    curlyboop

Post  curlyboop Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:36 pm

Admin wrote:
    curlyboop wrote:Hi all,

Hi Curly,

What actually are extended earlobes???

And number 5 on your list: I bet you couldn't do that in Marmaris!!! Have you SEEN some of the 'couples' there??? cyclops

I've got to think of my 10 things......but I will be back in a while and post them up!!

Strawbs

Hi Strawbs,

I'm patiently waiting for you all to post!

LOL ... my earlobes are attached and my thumb is hyper extended. I thought my ears were normal until Gwyneth Paltrow was on TV talking about hers.
    I should add an asterisk to #5: Not Valid in Marmaris. lol!
    hyatum
    hyatum

Post  hyatum Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:25 pm

Sad

Last edited by hyatum on Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:26 am; edited 1 time in total
    hayleyvemehmet
    hayleyvemehmet

Post  hayleyvemehmet Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:04 pm

deffo a good topic and i too must work out which ten things to put that is of interest :/
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:04 pm

1. William the Conquerer is my great-grandfather (31 generations back..)

2. I survived a fatal plane crash

3. I was seated with my daughter and ex-husband on an American Airways flight from Miami, and suddenly felt a sense of dread. I insisted we got off when the guy came asking if anyone would give up their seats (it was overbooked) and reluctantly my ex-husband agreed so we could stay in Miami for another day...and the plane subesequently crashed with no survivors.

4. I had a couple of dates in my youth with the boxer, Billy Walker - and had no idea how famous he was at that time (not into sport)

5. I've flown through a rainbow

6. I laugh until I cry....and usually at the most inappropiate times!

7. I can weigh someone up within two minutes of meeting them - and I've never been wrong....

8. I'm an outrageous flirt....but that's as far as it goes...deep down I'm quite prudish - though you'd never guess!

9. I blush when complimented..especially by someone I admire

10. I'm generous to a fault......bit if someone is mean and stingy.....I'll repay them in the same way...
    Jamren
    Jamren

Post  Jamren Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:57 pm

Bloody hell strawbs.
    And you still like flying ? I don't think I could step a foot on a airplane again if that was me.
    Your one brave lady.
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:22 pm

Jamren wrote:Bloody hell strawbs.
    And you still like flying ? I don't think I could step a foot on a airplane again if that was me.
    Your one brave lady.

Aah, a thing like a plane crash won't stop my wunderlust!!! Very Happy I adore travelling - seeing NEW exciting places sunny The world has some BEAUTIFUL countries......and there's lots more I want to see!

Besides, lightning rarely strikes twice!! It's a bit like getting thrown from a horse - you just get back up again. Besides, all that compensation I got.........I've got to enjoy myself with it haven't I? And travelling to different places is wonderful!

Are you off anywhere new and exciting this year? Smile

Strawbs
    Turkishheartdrop
    Turkishheartdrop

Post  Turkishheartdrop Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:31 pm

thats the spirit strawbs......nothin keeps you down does it?.......LOL.........
    Jamren
    Jamren

Post  Jamren Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:33 pm

Admin wrote:
    Jamren wrote:Bloody hell strawbs.
    Your one brave lady.

Aah, a thing like a plane crash won't stop my wunderlust!!! Very Happy I adore travelling - seeing NEW exciting places sunny The world has some BEAUTIFUL countries......and there's lots more I want to see!

Besides, lightning rarely strikes twice!! It's a bit like getting thrown from a horse - you just get back up again. Besides, all that compensation I got.........I've got to enjoy myself with it haven't I? And travelling to different places is wonderful!

Are you off anywhere new and exciting this year? Smile

Strawbs
    . Good for you strawbs, I like your style.
    Same old this yr strawbs lol! off to ovacik nxt week, first time staying in this area.my husbands sister is traveling over from Adana to meet us in ovacik.
    We did look at other country's but is was cheaper to go to turkey.were taking my two older sons and my mum.
    Jamren
    Jamren

Post  Jamren Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:24 pm

Ok here goes. Know we're exciting as you ladies.
    1 nearly died twice giving birth to two of my children
    2 have met ub40
    3 had a peck on the cheek from jimmy ruffen Very Happy
    4 I am a good friend but please don't cross me Mad
    5 got married in Adana ( it was snowing)
    6 went to Barbados and got sunstroke on the 2nd day
    7 have had only 1 serious relationship with a white guy
    8 have been told I have psychic abilities
    9 I am a very sensitive person
    10 am a bit of a wimp lol!
    Richard
    Richard

Post  Richard Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:32 pm

Admin wrote:1. William the Conquerer is my great-grandfather (31 generations back..)

3. I was seated with my daughter and ex-husband on an American Airways flight from Miami, and suddenly felt a sense of dread. I insisted we got off when the guy came asking if anyone would give up their seats (it was overbooked) and reluctantly my ex-husband agreed so we could stay in Miami for another day...and the plane subesequently crashed with no survivors.

4. I had a couple of dates in my youth with the boxer, Billy Walker - and had no idea how famous he was at that time (not into sport)

7. I can weigh someone up within two minutes of meeting them - and I've never been wrong....

8. I'm an outrageous flirt....but that's as far as it goes...deep down I'm quite prudish - though you'd never guess!

10. I'm generous to a fault......bit if someone is mean and stingy.....I'll repay them in the same way...

Hey Strawbs, am I pleased to see you back on here, I have missed your wit! Please don't stop posting and I'll certainly keep posting too! I hope life is good for you, it sounds like it is!

Richard
    ruby
    ruby

Post  ruby Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:10 am

Hi Strawbs, now dont be shy, you were mega wealthy before the compo lol!

What with your Swiss bank account or was it Italian or Spanish bom

Ruby
    Turkishheartdrop
    Turkishheartdrop

Post  Turkishheartdrop Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:44 pm

Richard wrote:
    Admin wrote:1. William the Conquerer is my great-grandfather (31 generations back..)

Hey Strawbs, am I pleased to see you back on here, I have missed your wit! Please don't stop posting and I'll certainly keep posting too! I hope life is good for you, it sounds like it is!

Richard

Your back aswell Richard....you been lurking naughty.......LOL....
    hyatum
    hyatum

Post  hyatum Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:50 am

Richard

When are you going to tell me about your Photography...I think you are ignoring me... silent I am going to wilt. sunny

Nicks Laughing
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:16 pm

Hi Nicks

I'm keen to know what's happened to Richard and his camera, too!! tongue

Strawbs
    Turkishheartdrop
    Turkishheartdrop

Post  Turkishheartdrop Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:19 pm

hyatum wrote:Richard

When are you going to tell me about your Photography...I think you are ignoring me... silent I am going to wilt. sunny

Nicks Laughing

I bet his a perve....LOL...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:49 am