Turkish Chatter

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Turkish Chatter

Discussion group for all women with Turkish men in their lives

+3
ruby
Faizahamed
hoppit
7 posters

Plans for this year

hoppit
    hoppit

Plans for this year Empty Plans for this year

Post  hoppit Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:49 pm

Its too late to say happy new year so instead I will ask what peoples plans are for this year. I am planning to go to turkey and sweden to see rellies, my mums half swedish. Also hoping to to do a tefl so I can work in turkey next year fingers crossed. I also fancy doing a baking course to make celebration cakes and sell them. Whats everyone elses plans or hopes for this year? Smile
    Faizahamed
    Faizahamed

Plans for this year Empty My Plans for the New Year 2012

Post  Faizahamed Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:02 am

Many a times I wonder Mayan calendar or not….predictions will come true or not. Immaterial of Mayan calendar and predictions, I have my own set of plans for New Year 2012. The year as it is sounds very exciting to me; somehow the sound 2012 makes me feel chirpy and excited from within. My plans therefore are as chirpy and excited as 2012.

Nothing unusual yet nothing too boring, my plans are as always highly exciting for me. This year will dawn upon me as a healthy and prosperous year. I wish to

Plan for the Good Health of My Family
    Get Together
    Family Holidays & more

What else??
    ruby
    ruby

Plans for this year Empty Re: Plans for this year

Post  ruby Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:16 am

Faizahamed wrote:Many a times I wonder Mayan calendar or not….predictions will come true or not. Immaterial of Mayan calendar and predictions, I have my own set of plans for New Year 2012. The year as it is sounds very exciting to me; somehow the sound 2012 makes me feel chirpy and excited from within. My plans therefore are as chirpy and excited as 2012.

Nothing unusual yet nothing too boring, my plans are as always highly exciting for me. This year will dawn upon me as a healthy and prosperous year. I wish to

Get Together
    Family Holidays & more

What else??

Hey Faiz

At first I thought you had indulged in too much pop drunken as you seem to have said a lot but it means nothing to anyone else Shocked

If you are talking about 21.12.12., then I hope that we have at least 3 months advance warning that the world is going to end as I dont want to start Christmas shopping and waste my time, money and energy only for the world to end so near to Christmas santa santa

Its a bit like when I am going on holiday I say to myself 'hey Rubes, if the plane is going to crash when I am on it, please let it do it on the return journey so at least I've had my holiday and a cracking good time'. Not that I want it to crash at all, but you can see where I am coming from tongue

So, do you want to start again Faiz, what are your plans for the New Year? Replies in one sentence please Laughing

My plans are to be happy, wealthy and healthy and to date, date and date again, thats what men are for to spoil us ladies Laughing

Ruby
    Turkishheartdrop
    Turkishheartdrop

Post  Turkishheartdrop Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:46 pm

Faizahamed wrote:Many a times I wonder Mayan calendar or not….predictions will come true or not. Immaterial of Mayan calendar and predictions, I have my own set of plans for New Year 2012. The year as it is sounds very exciting to me; somehow the sound 2012 makes me feel chirpy and excited from within. My plans therefore are as chirpy and excited as 2012.

Get Together
    Family Holidays & more

What else??

Chirpy?.......you sound more than chirpy darlin LOL.....
    davina
    davina

Post  davina Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:00 pm

I've got loads of plans for this year my first on the list is to read as many books as I can I am aiming for one a week so I should be by rights well read by the end of the year. My next one is to learn to play the piano I have a lovely piano left to me by my grandpa and never used it but want to learn it this year and master at least a few tunes so I can impress. Last year I was in a hotel with a piano in the lounge and was bursting to tinkle a tune out but too shy cos I only can play chopsticks and I am going to the same hotel again this year so this time I might be able to play a whole tune which would really make me chuffed. I also want to learn to sing in key and I have booked lessons with a singing teacher near to me so x factor watch this space! I also want to master at least 5 or 6 turkish dishes and may be even try to make some of my own dishes up turkish style, I love turkish food cooked from scratch properly mmmm I also want to learn to embroider and make little hankies and tablecloths. I am looking at 2012 as a year of learning and discovering my skills and bettering myself. My other wish is probably out of reach this year so it will be next year if I can save the money and that is to have a nose job I would love a small dainty nose.
    hayleyvemehmet
    hayleyvemehmet

Post  hayleyvemehmet Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:42 am

well my plans are to get fitter as i have to face an operation Sad get our I.L.R out of the way and enjoy taking our baby to meet his grandparents and family in turkey in may.Thinking about it if the world ends on 21.12.12 i will miss my birthday so wont plan for that Smile xx
    ruby
    ruby

Post  ruby Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:44 am

Hello Davina

Well good luck with piano lessons, I took them about 15 years ago and just could not it at all, I do love listening to a good piano player. My son's girlfriend plays the piano very well, especially when she's drunken . Get on that piano and give it a go girl, you only live once, so enjoy it cheers

My daughter also plays the clarinet, saxaphone and sings like an angel, unlike her mother Laughing

Now as for sewing, well I'm sure you've all seen Shirley Valentine, I was the Shirley Valentine at school and I detested sewing classes and used to bunk off and have a crafty smoke behind the bike sheds tongue

Hiya Hayley

I hope your operation is not serious, and that it goes well for you. When are you likely to have it? In good time for your hols sunny I hope, then you can enjoy taking that gorgeous little man to see his grandparents.

Dont worry about ILR, its a walk in the park, the only problem is the terribly inflated cost, how much is it now Hayley?

With regards to the world ending, thats a load of old bounce , there's no getting out of your birthday and Christmas and may you enjoy many more decades of birthdays and Christmas celebrations santa

Ruby
    davina
    davina

Post  davina Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:01 pm

Hi folks I thought I'd update you all and let you know how my plans are unfolding and I would be interested to hear more of your plans too. My piano lessons haven't started yet as the piano I inherited needs tuning and do you think it's easy to find a piano tuner? It's like trying to find golddust. After going through the yellow pages and internet I finally found one who lives 60 miles away but he said he will come to me next month so I'm patiently waiting. I have got a retired piano teacher waiting to give me lessons and she's as keen as I am but she hasn't got her own piano anymore since moving which is a shame. She is looking as forward to playing the old tinklys as I am. I've started on the book front though which I'm pleased about but still only on the first book, the Kite Runner. I'll give you my review on it after but so far so good. I've done some turkish recipes (2) but the results were only so so, not sure what I did wrong but they tasted very different to what I had in turkey. I did chicken saute and green beans and both turned out poor and tasteless so I am going to try again this weekend, try try try again is my motto.
    Gloria78
    Gloria78

Post  Gloria78 Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:46 am

sorry

Last edited by Gloria78 on Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:47 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : sorry)
    Turkishheartdrop
    Turkishheartdrop

Post  Turkishheartdrop Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:48 pm

hayleyvemehmet wrote:well my plans are to get fitter as i have to face an operation Sad get our I.L.R out of the way and enjoy taking our baby to meet his grandparents and family in turkey in may.Thinking about it if the world ends on 21.12.12 i will miss my birthday so wont plan for that Smile xx

Hi Hayley.......hope your op is over and done with soon....is it a day one or will you stay overnite?.....they do ops so quick these days....like a convayer belt LOL.......best of luck and all goes well....

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:39 pm