Turkish Chatter

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Turkish Chatter

Discussion group for all women with Turkish men in their lives

5 posters

Hey girls what's going on?

Richard
    Richard

Hey girls what's going on? Empty Hey girls what's going on?

Post  Richard Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:29 pm

It's real quiet on here, guess you all must be busy but I miss some of your posts....hope that doesn't make me sad! I hope you're all well and having exciting times. Do any of you have any plans for this coming summer?

Richard
    Admin
    Admin

Hey girls what's going on? Empty Re: Hey girls what's going on?

Post  Admin Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:21 pm

Hi Richard,

It does go quieter than normal from time to time - you'll find that everywhere.

I can't speak for everyone else, but I'm so busy lately that I just don't have the time to post that often - and when I do have the time I tend to do something else. I never seem to have enough time to pack everything in - which is why I tend to post on here early in the mornings............

I'm sure it will soon get busy again, and there'll be more people posting to entertain you!

Oh, almost forgot - there'll be a new site opening soon.......I think it will go down a storm! Once it's launched all details will be put up on here Very Happy

Strawbs
    Turkishheartdrop
    Turkishheartdrop

Post  Turkishheartdrop Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:46 pm

sounds interesting............... Wink ............any clues?................
    davina
    davina

Post  davina Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:48 pm

I've got loads of plans for this summer and made my list a couple of week's before new year. I'm very proud to say that my lessons have been going better than expected and I can now play a couple of tunes, I make the odd mistake here and there but my friends can guess what tune I'm playing so I'm proud as punch although I do have a long way to go yet before I become the next Mazarotti. My cooking skills have improved a lot too, I was hoping to enrol with a college but couldn't find any where so I just got a few friends together and we all do a recipe each every week from the internet. The week before last I cooked stuffed tomatoes and made pilaf and shepherds salad. It was a bit of a hotchpotch but turned out tasty so I was well chuffed! I'm renting an apartment for 3 weeks in the summer in Turkey so I aim to impress with my new cooking skills, I just hope I can get all the ingredients out there Rolling Eyes

I was hoping to learn how to sing too, one of my dreams is to be an animation entertainer in Turkey doing up market singing and playing the piano in 5 star hotels but I need to find a new teacher as my last one was a bit impatient and I couldn't really understand what she was trying to tell me to do. Other than that things are looking up!
    Guveclover
    Guveclover

Post  Guveclover Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:22 am

I think the fact that it's quieter from time to time here perhaps tells you that some people have other things to do with their lives besides sitting on their behinds glued to the internet in their precious free time.

Besides contributing to internet forums that are based around every imagineable subject, you have Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. On top of that people then look for partners on online dating sites and in cyber chatrooms, play games online, shop and read newspapers and magazines online, watch TV on demand and films online, Skype people - the list goes on and on. Some people even sit and spend their time watching what's going on in other places via webcams online - unbelieveable!! Can you imagine it - a webcam trained on a town centre and people will actually spend time watching it?! Some people almost live their entire lives on and through the internet. All I can say is there must be an awful lot of square eyed lard arsed people out there.

My personal bugbear is Twitter. I really can't see the point of periodically putting in your two pennies worth in x number of characters. What on earth is that all about? Maybe I'm missing the point - perhaps the challenge is to be as erudite/perspicacious/witty/humerous and succinct as you can in a limited number of characters? I think not though. It seems to me to be nothing more than a platform for the self absored and self important, or just dull. It doesn't appeal to me in the slightest. I don't feel the world needs to benefit from my own perceived wisdom on everything and nothing, to listen to me bragging, or to be enlightened about what I've had for my tea.
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:49 pm

davina wrote:I've got loads of plans for this summer and made my list a couple of week's before new year. I'm very proud to say that my lessons have been going better than expected and I can now play a couple of tunes, I make the odd mistake here and there but my friends can guess what tune I'm playing so I'm proud as punch although I do have a long way to go yet before I become the next Mazarotti. My cooking skills have improved a lot too, I was hoping to enrol with a college but couldn't find any where so I just got a few friends together and we all do a recipe each every week from the internet. The week before last I cooked stuffed tomatoes and made pilaf and shepherds salad. It was a bit of a hotchpotch but turned out tasty so I was well chuffed! I'm renting an apartment for 3 weeks in the summer in Turkey so I aim to impress with my new cooking skills, I just hope I can get all the ingredients out there Rolling Eyes

I was hoping to learn how to sing too, one of my dreams is to be an animation entertainer in Turkey doing up market singing and playing the piano in 5 star hotels but I need to find a new teacher as my last one was a bit impatient and I couldn't really understand what she was trying to tell me to do. Other than that things are looking up!

Hi Davina

Who's Mazerotti? Suspect I've heard of Maserati, but that's a car.......

Do enlighten me, please!

Strawbs
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:45 pm

Guveclover wrote:I think the fact that it's quieter from time to time here perhaps tells you that some people have other things to do with their lives besides sitting on their behinds glued to the internet in their precious free time.

Besides contributing to internet forums that are based around every imagineable subject, you have Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. On top of that people then look for partners on online dating sites and in cyber chatrooms, play games online, shop and read newspapers and magazines online, watch TV on demand and films online, Skype people - the list goes on and on. Some people even sit and spend their time watching what's going on in other places via webcams online - unbelieveable!! Can you imagine it - a webcam trained on a town centre and people will actually spend time watching it?! Some people almost live their entire lives on and through the internet. All I can say is there must be an awful lot of square eyed lard arsed people out there.

My personal bugbear is Twitter. I really can't see the point of periodically putting in your two pennies worth in x number of characters. What on earth is that all about? Maybe I'm missing the point - perhaps the challenge is to be as erudite/perspicacious/witty/humerous and succinct as you can in a limited number of characters? I think not though. It seems to me to be nothing more than a platform for the self absored and self important, or just dull. It doesn't appeal to me in the slightest. I don't feel the world needs to benefit from my own perceived wisdom on everything and nothing, to listen to me bragging, or to be enlightened about what I've had for my tea.

Hi Judith

You're right. I can't speak for everyone, but I know that many of us are busy with day to day living, and just don't have the time nor inclination to write post after post. I also think there's a touch of 'forum fatigue' which has afflicted all forums on the Internet. Now that we have Facebook etc people don't feel the need to contribute to forums like they once used to.

People have also become computer savvy and can Google their own questions - and get the correct answers too! And many people have got wise to posting up their personal details and stories - they've seen and heard what can happen - so they tend to steer clear and just read or message in private.

Since MSN Groups closed down and Facebook became huge, forums have become old hat. Some of them plod along (bit like this one does!) and little niche type forums do - but the membership contribution is nothing compared to what it once it was. And it never will be again.

It isn't just the forums that have been affected, either. Lots of websites have gone under or disappeared - even the holiday forum, Holidaytruths is in deep financial trouble, but when you're competing with something as big as Trip Advisor you can understand why. People like familiarity (it makes them feel secure) so in a way you could say the little forums and websites are like the little corner shops - they've all been pushed out of business by the giant supermarkets -or on Internet terms - Facebook and Trip Advisor etc.....Of course, you'll still get your little cliques and the forums that have a niche market, but in the main they're gradually disappearing.

As for Twitter, that's just a platform for people to show-off and exaggerate. It's an exhibitionist's dream! The joke is, no-one's one iota interested in their latest brags, exaggerations or daydreams, and they're certainly not interested in what they're watching on TV right this moment, or how many times Mr X text them the day before, or what time they got to sleep last night or that they're just about to go and wash their hair. Sleep I can never quite grasp why they feel compelled to walk to their computer or pick up their iPhone, to tap out that they're just going into the bathroom to wash their hair? Suspect Does it REALLY warrant posting about? Laughing

As for staring at a webcam for hours on end - I find that staggering! Who in their right mind could be bothered to watch a webcam of, say, Istanbul, where all you see is passing traffic and strangers walking along???! That has to be THE MOST boring thing in the world to do, and speaks volumes about what sort of life and mind the person has.......it's actually very sad in some ways, and to be honest, I can't even imagine a person locked up in a mental home wanting to do that - they'd be off doing occupational therapy and doing something constructive.

But some people do have sad, pointless lives that are unfulfilled and miserable, and I think watching webcams and doing the forum rounds, including Twitter and Facebook, gives them a false sense of having a social life. Of course, none of it's real - it's all cyberland - but that's all these sad people have in their lives. I know one middle-aged woman who's childless and married to a Turk, and openly brags about being a Godmother of a 'very well-connected Mafia family' - in Facebook cyberland!!!!! I could understand a young kid getting excited about playing Mafia Wars on Facebook, but when you get a middle-aged woman spending hours playing it I find it very, very sad. Mind you, I don't know where she finds the time - she's usually trawling each and every Turkish forum and staring for endless hours at the Istanbul webcam. Can't think what her hubby does while she's wedged in her seat? AHEM!! queen

Another grotesque saddo who's pushing towards her 60s not only spends all her waking hours online, she makes up various usernames so she can reply to herself. She's a big fat bore (totally witless) and I can understand why her husband was relieved to get shot of the great big sweaty fat lump. All she did was wedge herself in the chair in front of her computer and spout out venom on the sites she stalked, no wonder he became rigid with boredom.....

In some ways the Internet has done favours in as much as it's kept lots of bores and nutters off the streets. Instead of going out looking conspicuously strange and odd, and drawing glances, they're now safely tucked up at home out of harms way. The downside, though, is that they're now inflicting their weirdness and bitterness on stangers they feel jealous of on the Internet, or sometimes they just want to release their anger at life by spouting crap through their keyboards.

Whatever their problems are they have VERY little lives - and it must be awful to be in their shoes.............

Strawbs

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:25 pm