Turkish Chatter

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Turkish Chatter

Discussion group for all women with Turkish men in their lives

5 posters

What a Christmas Tree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Admin
    Admin

What a Christmas Tree!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty What a Christmas Tree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post  Admin Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:50 pm

I feel all dissatisfied now. I just saw this Christmas Tree in the newspaper and I want one so badly! tongue

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2067687/The-worst-Christmas-tree-Britain-Council-shamed-removing-spindly-twig.html

Strawbs
    Maria
    Maria

What a Christmas Tree!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: What a Christmas Tree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post  Maria Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:39 pm

Thats a diabolical disgrace,a bloody insult. I cant see how the people who did the tree thought it was good enough to put up Shocked it looks like a weed thats nealy dead and the wires look so ugly and dangerous What a Face why did they do that like that? there must be better trees around that that!

Maria
    ruby
    ruby

What a Christmas Tree!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: What a Christmas Tree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post  ruby Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:25 am

Hey Strawbs

Would you consider swapping this poor little twig with your fairytale tree, the one which sparkles under your crystal chandelier Question Laughing Laughing

Ruby
    Turkishheartdrop
    Turkishheartdrop

Post  Turkishheartdrop Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:47 pm

Thats a liberty putting that up....theyre taking the piss......
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:28 pm

ruby wrote:Hey Strawbs

Would you consider swapping this poor little twig with your fairytale tree, the one which sparkles under your crystal chandelier Question Laughing Laughing

Ruby

Hmmmmmmmm...I'd consider it. lol!

I love my new Christmas Tree, even though Ertie thinks it looks like twigs! Exclamation

When it first arrived and he saw it - and I told him how much it cost - he didn't say a word. It was later on when he realised it did cost that amount that he told me he thought I was joking! Razz I do that a lot; make out to him that something I bought is twice the price, then when I tell him the real price it doesn't sound so expensive! It's handy to remember for allsorts of things : tell someone something is worse than it really is - then when you tell them the truth they're relieved! tongue

Anyway, he tells me now that he does love it, but we'll still get a real Christmas Tree, too. You can't beat real trees, though this one IS beautiful, in an unreal way. It doesn't make out it's real - which I like.

Strawbs
    Fanny
    Fanny

Post  Fanny Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:16 pm

I'm the same when it comes to Christmas decorations and trees, I like the real ones but if the artificial ones are obviously artificial it doesn't look so naff. I'm old school and love all the tinsel and lamenta which is outdated now but I've got attached to my old decorations so they get put up every year but I do buy new ones each year too so my stock is ever growing. Love this time of year.
    ruby
    ruby

Post  ruby Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:19 am

Hi Fanny

I have an artificial tree indoors (sound like a Cockney now Shocked - 'her indoors' Very Happy ) and a small Christmas tree in the garden which I have decorated with 200 lights. It looks so pretty and I love sitting in the twilight with the tree lights twinkling. My grandchildren, and I do have a huge gaggle of them usually visit and have a 'pick off the tree', this is a tradition that has passed through the family ever since I was a young child.

It is such a joy at Christmastime to see my grandchildren all excited with their little faces all full of anticipation and pulling the party crackers, playing games whilst the adults generally eat, drink and become merry drunken

I so feel for women who have been unable to fulfill their maternal instincts and been denied holding their own child in their arms, the love is so powerful and overwhelming and nothing in this material world can ever replace the love and bond which exists between a mother and her child. I am not dismissing a father's feelings here, just that I feel that some men are not good at showing their true emotions.

I just love my family and Christmas I love you

Ruby
    Turkishheartdrop
    Turkishheartdrop

Post  Turkishheartdrop Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:45 pm

Aaaah the nativity plays at school brings tears to my eyes......baby Jesus....Christmas couldnt be the same without your children..grandchildren....
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:13 pm

ruby wrote:Hi Fanny

I have an artificial tree indoors (sound like a Cockney now Shocked - 'her indoors' Very Happy ) and a small Christmas tree in the garden which I have decorated with 200 lights. It looks so pretty and I love sitting in the twilight with the tree lights twinkling. My grandchildren, and I do have a huge gaggle of them usually visit and have a 'pick off the tree', this is a tradition that has passed through the family ever since I was a young child.

It is such a joy at Christmastime to see my grandchildren all excited with their little faces all full of anticipation and pulling the party crackers, playing games whilst the adults generally eat, drink and become merry drunken

I so feel for women who have been unable to fulfill their maternal instincts and been denied holding their own child in their arms, the love is so powerful and overwhelming and nothing in this material world can ever replace the love and bond which exists between a mother and her child. I am not dismissing a father's feelings here, just that I feel that some men are not good at showing their true emotions.

I just love my family and Christmas I love you

Ruby

Hi Ruby,

It's so true what you say about Christmas and children - it would be almost pointless celebrating it without children. Here's an article by Amanda Platell about how sad she feels that she doesn't have any children, and how painful it is for her at Christmas.

Very sad.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2073388/Christmas-childless-hurts-Amanda-Platell-yearning-motherhood.html

Strawbs
    Turkishheartdrop
    Turkishheartdrop

Post  Turkishheartdrop Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:32 pm

Aw thats so sad...it gets worse the older you get as well...
    ruby
    ruby

Post  ruby Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:09 am

Hello Strawbs and THD

Oh I know exactly what you mean. Yesterday I went to see my grandchildren's Christmas Nativity Play, ALL of the children were absolutely fantastic and played their parts really well, and it really makes you understand the true meaning of Christmas.

There was not a dry eye at the school as all the parents and extended families turned up to watch the highlight of the Christmas Calendar. I am so lucky to have such a loving and close family bond with all my adult children.

Ruby

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:30 am