Turkish Chatter

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Turkish Chatter

Discussion group for all women with Turkish men in their lives

4 posters

Whose looking forward to christmas?

Pollypecker
    Pollypecker

Whose looking forward to christmas? Empty Whose looking forward to christmas?

Post  Pollypecker Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:16 am

I am Smile thought I would start a thread coz it christmas soon and its so bloooooooooooody dead on here! Shocked whats everyone doing? hellooeeeeeeeeeeeee cheers

Pol
    ruby
    ruby

Whose looking forward to christmas? Empty Re: Whose looking forward to christmas?

Post  ruby Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:20 am

Hi Pol

Well I am looking forward to Christmas especially if they dont ban that stupid Littlewoods Advert as at least it will come to an end on Christmas Day Razz

Have you started any shopping yet Pol?

Ruby
    davina
    davina

Whose looking forward to christmas? Empty Re: Whose looking forward to christmas?

Post  davina Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:41 pm

I love Christmas I get so excited about it and love all the lead up to it. Ive done some shopping but only some and will do some every week till the day before then I will put my feet up and drink Baileys while I wrap all my prezzies for everyone and listen to jolly Christmasy songs and have a couple of mince pies, you cant say no at Christmas. Christmas din is my fave dinner of the year and I must be the only one person I know who likes brussels but I also love bread sauce roastie spuds and parsnips and stuffing mmmmm mmmmm mmmmm
    hyatum
    hyatum

Post  hyatum Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:48 am

Hi Pol

I'm here! flower but it's been pouring with rain for 3 days which is sooooo unusual!!! where is our lovely sun gone to? must be climate change? What a coincidence that they are holding the COP conference here lol!

I love Christmas too....I have all my family coming to my home.....we put tables out on the lawn and eat till we are stuffed! We eat dinner late afternoon.....and my favourite part is when all the children open their prezzies early in the morning. There is always lots of subterfuge the day before when Father Christmas and his entourage are left food and drinks rendeer (which we happily devour) and the children rush to see if old 'faaver kwismis' has enjoyed his meal of biscuis, milk and maybe a beer!

I love all the salads that we have, esecially chickpeas and pinenuts, and sweetpotatoes and sweet-chilli with fresh coriander....and we also eat lots of sea-food......sort of a coronation chicken but with lots of prawns, calamari and fish with a yogourt, curry, and mayo dressing. My garden has lots of lovely salad things right now so will use those (if the monkeys don't get there first ). We start our day very civilized but some begin to fall off the perch by lunch time lol! We are not much different from a Levantine family....there is so much noise, everybody competes to be heard and what seems to be arguments are actually conversations elephant

I just wish i could be more organized. Every year i vow to do all my shopping very early. But somehow i end up searching and searching for the perfect gift and not making any choices till the last moment. If anyone wants to psycho-analyze me by my habits, don't bother, I am too eccentric and don't FIT any profile Exclamation lol!

Have a great night

Nicks

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 10:31 am