Turkish Chatter

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Turkish Chatter

Discussion group for all women with Turkish men in their lives

5 posters

20 Years Ago Today

ruby
    ruby

20 Years Ago Today Empty 20 Years Ago Today

Post  ruby Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:11 pm

I cannot believe that it was 20 years ago today (24.11.91.) that Freddie Mercury from Queen died.

He was my hero and I absolutely loved their music. I used to own a huge record collection including many picture dics, but it started to take over my home so sold it for a fortune.

I have been to Freddie's house, Garden Lodge, many many times, he left it to his former girlfriend Mary Austin in his Will. I would have loved to have gone down to London today to his house and lit a candle and laid some flowers, but sadly it was not possible.

I have so many magic moments relating to Queen, I even have a birthday card from Roger Taylor which I treasure.

Thinking of Freddie today, Mr Bad Guy, Farouk Bulsara (his real name). On a funnier note, his sister's husband once said to him 'Freddie, where did you get the stage name of Mercury?' and Freddie replied 'well I thought of all the planets and decided not to use the name Uranus' lol! Funny, but true.

Ruby
    hyatum
    hyatum

20 Years Ago Today Empty Re: 20 Years Ago Today

Post  hyatum Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:14 am

Ruby

Thanks for reminding us. I absolutely adored Freddie Mercury and I have just very recently visited the place where he was born and lived as a child....Zanzibar Island. The Zanzibaris are very proud of Freddie Mercury and the house where he grew up has been re-furbished and is now an art gallery. His parents were Persian (Farsee) and sent him to school in India where he was discovered to have outstanding musical talent! Loved that bit about Uranus lol!

Know it's rather sad, but his last song 'these are the days of our lives' is my favourite.....

What an outstanding musician and singer

Nicks
    Pollypecker
    Pollypecker

Post  Pollypecker Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:15 am

God bless Freddie, he was a lovely fella and so talented. So sad he died too young before his time he was amzing.

Pol x
    Turkishheartdrop
    Turkishheartdrop

Post  Turkishheartdrop Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:46 pm

Never knew you was Freddie fan Rubes.....he was the best wasnt he.....he overshadowed everyone at the geldof concert in 85....wish he was still around....
    hayleyvemehmet
    hayleyvemehmet

Post  hayleyvemehmet Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:34 pm

Queen are total rock legends.my mum loved them and i didnt share her love for them but i did enjoy them.my mum was telling my hubby about them only yesterday and explained about mary and the house etc.her poor hubby had to live in his shadow by the sounds of it.what did she do with the house he left her rubes? is it open to the public etc? i have never researched and instead of easily googling it i will wait for your reply Smile x
    ruby
    ruby

Post  ruby Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:13 pm

hayleyvemehmet wrote:Queen are total rock legends.my mum loved them and i didnt share her love for them but i did enjoy them.my mum was telling my hubby about them only yesterday and explained about mary and the house etc.her poor hubby had to live in his shadow by the sounds of it.what did she do with the house he left her rubes? is it open to the public etc? i have never researched and instead of easily googling it i will wait for your reply Smile x

Hello Hayley

I cannot answer your question as to whether Mary Austin still lives in Garden Lodge, however, I know she was still there a couple of years ago, dont think she would ever leave as she adored Freddie and I think he was the true love of her life. He even referred to her as his common law wife and left her a load of money - dont think his gay mates were very impressed Evil or Very Mad .

Freddie was Godfather to her son Richard, he must be about 25 now, she moved in with her partner and little boy 20 years ago. She gave Freddie's 'hangers on' a month to get out affraid

Rubes

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:40 am