Turkish Chatter

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Turkish Chatter

Discussion group for all women with Turkish men in their lives

+3
Turkishheartdrop
Misssssssssy
ruby
7 posters

Strawbs is in hiding on attempted Manslaughter Charges

ruby
    ruby

Strawbs is in hiding on attempted Manslaughter Charges Empty Strawbs is in hiding on attempted Manslaughter Charges

Post  ruby Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:29 pm

Well I had Strawbs' recipe for Kuru Fasulye.

I thought I had followed it to the exact detail with the exception of the beans affraid

Although I did soak the beans for 36 hours, I did not boil the beans prior to putting them with the rest of the ingredients Embarassed Strawbs and I chatted on the phone and I was telling her all about how my Turkish dish was progressing Laughing

I did mention to Strawbs that the beans were still quite hard Shocked Well she assured me they would soften during the cooking process Evil or Very Mad After about 4-5 hours of cooking the beans were still semi hard, so I decided to eat half a dish of the Kuru Fasulye to sample it.

Very soon after I felt ill, four hours later I was violently sick alien

I had a 24 hour period of sickness. Mad

Anyway. I googled the after affects of uncooked butter beans and they are extremely toxic and contain cyanide affraid

I spoke to Strawbs about how ill I had been (pardon the pun lol! ) and she reminded me that during our first telephone conversation, she told me to boil the beans PRIOR to adding them to the ingredients What a Face Also I used butter beans instead of the smaller beans lol!

So Strawbs I am better now so you can come out of hiding flower

Ruby

Misssssssssy
    Misssssssssy

Strawbs is in hiding on attempted Manslaughter Charges Empty Re: Strawbs is in hiding on attempted Manslaughter Charges

Post  Misssssssssy Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:39 pm

Butter beans are they Turkish?
    Turkishheartdrop
    Turkishheartdrop

Strawbs is in hiding on attempted Manslaughter Charges Empty Re: Strawbs is in hiding on attempted Manslaughter Charges

Post  Turkishheartdrop Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:41 pm

I nearly fell backwards when I saw your heading!.........you naughty minx LOL.....funny tho!LOL....what made you use butter beans you silly bean.........
    ruby
    ruby

Post  ruby Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:07 pm

Hi Missy

Please dont ever talk about butter beans or any other beans to me at the moment, the thought of beans makes me go all alien

Hello THD

I am naughty I know, what made me use butter beans? alien , I 'thought' that was what was in the dish, I agree with you, I am a silly bean Laughing But I can cook a good old fashioned roast beef and Yorkshire Pud Laughing

Ruby
    Maria
    Maria

Post  Maria Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:33 pm

You teaser you Ruby!hehe I nearly fell for that Shocked I cracked up when you said you made it weith butter beans lol! I never knew you could buy butter beans hard in the first place I only get them in tins scratch

Maria
    ruby
    ruby

Post  ruby Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:55 pm

Hi Maria

I know normal people would use tinned or pre boiled butter beans, but you have to remember, I am NOT normal lol! lol! lol!

I will sign off now as

Mrs Bean lol! lol!
    davina
    davina

Post  davina Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:04 pm

Hehe this made me laugh! I love kuru fasulye with lots of bread rice and pickles. I'm hungry now. I'm pleased you feel better Ruby it is horrible feeling sick and sounds like those beans were toxic. Lucky you didn't end up in hospital with toxic shock, just one bean could be enough to send you into shock. Celery leaf can be toxic too you know. We eat a lot of foods that are dangerous without knowing.

Davina
    hyatum
    hyatum

Post  hyatum Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:30 pm

Hi Ruby

You are bloody lucky you did not explode...you would have wrecked the Harley or worse..... affraid blown the Vicar right out the window. bom Poor Harry .....he's probably in a dark cupboard shivering with fright lol!

Actually methinks you gave me an idea Idea perhaps Prec really eat a ton of uncooked white beans? So if I treat her like those sheep in 'far from the maddening crowd' she will will go whoop up in the air and then deflate?? lol!

Hope your tummy's beta, stick to English food flower

Nicks xx
    ruby
    ruby

Post  ruby Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:42 am

Hi Davina

Thank you for your kind words, I am now feeling much better thank you. When anyone mentions 'toxic shock' I always think of women who have forgotten to remove their tampons affraid I never associate it with butter beans alien Laughing

Hello Hyatum

I did laugh at your post, actually Harry had to come and investigate what I was up to in the bathroom, the nosey sod that he is. cat

Good job the vicar didn't witness me, I think he would have made a very hasty retreat whilst making quotes out of the Exorcist and chucking his holy water onto the garden incase it turned into acid.

I know Chicago is supposed to be known as 'the windy city' and we did celebrate Bonfire Night last weekend, but my wind was enough to launch a NASA Shuttle at the Kennedy Space Centre affraid

Ruby

hyatum
    hyatum

Post  hyatum Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:23 am

Hi Rubes

I think you should apply to the Chinese Space Programme.... cheers I hear that Obama has closed the NASA shuttle programme down Suspect ............Anyway you can tell the vicar that you have a much more innovative way to get to Heaven...cos the Chinese call their manned Space Programme dock Tiangong or 'Palace of Heaven'. I guess seeing as they own (in credit) much of the world they are scheming to own heaven as well. alien

Actually I think Harry is a gem, he has seen you through thick and thin..he deserves a big fat ............fish cat

Enough nonsense for one day

Nicks
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:50 pm

Oh, Ruby!

I did tell you that you had to pre-soak them for at least 12 hours, and then boil them before adding them to the meat and sauce! And I didn't think you'd buy Butter Beans! Laughing

Never mind, at least you'll know next time (and please don't reveal my secret ingredient! Wink ) When you do finally make it you will love it, for sure!

Actually, you could market that as a quick weight loss diet.........

How many beans must you eat before it's fatal? Suspect

Strawbs
    Turkishheartdrop
    Turkishheartdrop

Post  Turkishheartdrop Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:34 pm

I wanna know the secret recipe..........please please......

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 7:21 pm