Turkish Chatter

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Turkish Chatter

Discussion group for all women with Turkish men in their lives

+4
Yohan
ruby
Turkishheartdrop
Maria
8 posters

Wheres everyone hiding?

Maria
    Maria

Wheres everyone hiding? Empty Wheres everyone hiding?

Post  Maria Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:14 am

Cant believe your all hiding! Shocked come on out your shells right now!

Maria
    Turkishheartdrop
    Turkishheartdrop

Wheres everyone hiding? Empty Re: Wheres everyone hiding?

Post  Turkishheartdrop Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:02 pm

Must of been summit good on tele LOL.....
    Maria
    Maria

Post  Maria Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:05 am

post christmas blues? Suspect

Maria
    ruby
    ruby

Post  ruby Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:51 am

Hi Ladies

I've been a bit busy Razz the last few days if you get my meaning Laughing

Ruby
    Yohan
    Yohan

Post  Yohan Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:22 am

I have been looking in without posting but it seems a bit quiet and I never can think of much to say Neutral I know forums do go like that in different periods and I will try to be more of a participant on here as you have helped me with translations a lot and I an thankful for that Smile
    ruby
    ruby

Post  ruby Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:25 am

Yohan wrote:I have been looking in without posting but it seems a bit quiet and I never can think of much to say Neutral I know forums do go like that in different periods and I will try to be more of a participant on here as you have helped me with translations a lot and I an thankful for that Smile

Hi Yohan

How are you doing? When are you going out to Turkey? I remember doing a translation which said about you going after Christmas due to finances etc.

Did you manage to get your partner's cousin to attend the internet cafe and translate for you?

Hows your romance going, good I hope I love you . Keep us updated.

Ruby
    Yohan
    Yohan

Post  Yohan Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:33 am

Thanks for asking me Ruby, I was all ready and geared up to go to Istanbul but there was a crisis in the family and my man had to get the bus to the east of Turkey and would only been able to spend one day with me so I will be going in March now. I was upset but its not his fault and I am just counting down again now, it's not that far away Smile
    ruby
    ruby

Post  ruby Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:45 am

Yohan wrote:Thanks for asking me Ruby, I was all ready and geared up to go to Istanbul but there was a crisis in the family and my man had to get the bus to the east of Turkey and would only been able to spend one day with me so I will be going in March now. I was upset but its not his fault and I am just counting down again now, it's not that far away Smile

No, March will be with us very soon Yohan. Where abouts in Eastern Turkey? Will you meet him there or in resort?.

This year I noticed Monarch are doing some good deals on flights.

Enjoy Smile

Ruby
    hayleyvemehmet
    hayleyvemehmet

Post  hayleyvemehmet Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:37 am

I was hiding up the hospital Sad had another of my lip/throat angioedema's and went into anaphylactic shock,couldn't breathe and had to have a flush ( nasty thing ) couldnt talk let alone go on a computer lol.only got home a few hours ago so now everyones in bed i sneaked down to have a check up.nice to hear other people having a lovely time with things to look forward too ( ruby and yohan especially ) xx
    ruby
    ruby

Post  ruby Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:51 am

hayleyvemehmet wrote:I was hiding up the hospital Sad had another of my lip/throat angioedema's and went into anaphylactic shock,couldn't breathe and had to have a flush ( nasty thing ) couldnt talk let alone go on a computer lol.only got home a few hours ago so now everyones in bed i sneaked down to have a check up.nice to hear other people having a lovely time with things to look forward too ( ruby and yohan especially ) xx

Oh Hayley, I am so sorry to hear about your recent illness. Anaphylactic shock is very serious and if not immediately treated with adrenalin could lead to loss of life.

I do hope you are feeling much better now. What has caused it? I know you mention lip/throat angicedema, but not sure what that is. I know of people with a nut allergy (a few of them lurk around on here Evil or Very Mad and could not with a needle in their nether regions Laughing )

Anyway, hope you are well on the mend. Sending you a big cheers cheers (you wouldnt want one of those stupid sickly cyber roses Very Happy )

Hugs, Rubes xxxxxx
    hayleyvemehmet
    hayleyvemehmet

Post  hayleyvemehmet Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:01 am

Hi ruby yes im getting better i still look like joyce wildenstein but oh well im alive.was very nasty this time and they think its down to some blood pressure tablets i was taking ( although i dont really think i need them anymore ) they knocked out a certain part of my immune system and its the one that controls that bit.have got to stay on antihistamines for 3 months and steroids for 3 days at mo.have been given an asthma pump ( though not told why ) and had allergy test done just to make sure.the allergy doctor said its not really an allergy but another name which i cant remember becuase of all the above.Must confess it was scary not being able to breathe and lucky that we live so close to the hospital.my saving grace was i used my brain and took a antihistamine the moment i saw it,but just couldnt control it myself.If anyone remembers cabbage path dolls then i guess i kinda looked like an older version Smile x
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:11 pm

hayleyvemehmet wrote:I was hiding up the hospital Sad had another of my lip/throat angioedema's and went into anaphylactic shock,couldn't breathe and had to have a flush ( nasty thing ) couldnt talk let alone go on a computer lol.only got home a few hours ago so now everyones in bed i sneaked down to have a check up.nice to hear other people having a lovely time with things to look forward too ( ruby and yohan especially ) xx

Oh Hayley, that sounds horrific!! What brought it on? Was it something you ate?

I hope the hospital have given you one of those Adrenaline injection thingy's to carry around with you. You really don't want another attack of that if you're some way from a hospital!

Is this a recent thing that's started, or something you've always suffered from? I have heard that sometimes people can develop allergies to things such as peanuts etc, even when they never had eny effect on them before. Shocked Have you gone for allergy testing to see what things you need to avoid?

Hope you feel MUCH better soon. I bet that will take a while to recover from - you must be feeling very shaky after such a terrifying experience....

Make sure you get to the bottom of what's causing it - and carry one of those injection things around with you. You may be lucky and never suffer a repeat attack again, but it's comforting to know you've got that injection with you in case you ever do!

Strawbs x
    hayleyvemehmet
    hayleyvemehmet

Post  hayleyvemehmet Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:58 am

Hi strawbs it was very nasty this time and they think its down to some blood pressure tablets i was taking ( although i dont really think i need them anymore ) they knocked out a certain part of my immune system and its the one that controls that bit.I have got to stay on antihistamines for 3 months and steroids for 3 days at mo.have been given an asthma pump ( though not told why ) and had allergy test done just to make sure.The allergy doctor said its not really an allergy but another name which i cant remember because of all the above.Because it allways happens about 3.30/4 am its not food related,if it was food related it would be within 20/30 minutes ( useful to anyone that has this problem ).Dont know if you remember but it was back in april 2011 when this first happened and i did write about it on here,at the time i was meant to book an allergy test,but with everything going on in my life then and being so busy i put it on hold ( big mistake )I have had the tests done and have to wait 6 weeks.Also had a chest xray done as i was having bad back pain and trouble swallowing,but it was clear.I cant thank my local hospital enough and that certain night it was so busy with many mental health people making it much worse( i think they moaned because i didnt have to wait and went straight in but they didnt know how serious it was ) I had the flush (adrenaline )and told the doctor when i felt better if that was what a trip might be like i never would pay for it lol.He was laughing because i told them it burnt the nether regions Smile as it goes through.this happened tuesday am and i still have a puffy face but it will go and im happy to be alive xx
    SozzledSally
    SozzledSally

Post  SozzledSally Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:41 am

Crikey Hayley that sounds really scarey!!!! What a Face you must be a brave lady not to panic, it must be so scarey not feeling like you can breathe! pale its good you got your asthma pump coz that opens up the airways and gets air in but make sure you take all your meds to turkey with you and on the plane too. I hope they find out whats making it happen soon so you wont get another episode of it I love you

Sal x
    ruby
    ruby

Post  ruby Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:20 am

Hi Hayley

I hope you are feeling much better as each day passes and that when the results of your allergy test come back you will be able to discover what the trigger was so that you can hopefully avoid it in the future.

Keep us updated, its horrible being taken ill in the middle of the night.

By the way, forgot to mention, that advice Strawbs gave you about keeping an adrenaline injection to hand is excellent and if the doc has not already done so, ask him about obtaining one. They are just like a pen and when pressed they automatically self inject.

Ruby
    hayleyvemehmet
    hayleyvemehmet

Post  hayleyvemehmet Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:15 pm

Thankyou girls for showing kindness to my poor plight Smile im feeling good and just getting on with it.Sal i was scared this time but i tried to be calm and knew it could be sorted.I think if you panic it makes it worse than it is.still hurts to drink a hot drink and clean my teeth but wont be forever.I will make sure im covered when we go to turkey as cant afford a repeat of that.The pills that seems to have caused the problem i have had to stop taking so hopefully it wont happen again.x
    Pollypecker
    Pollypecker

Post  Pollypecker Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:16 pm

Hope you get better soon Hayley it sounds terrible. Fingers crossed it was the meds you was taking and it wont happen again but like the rest said make sure youve got emergency meds just in case.

Have a fab time seeing the folks in turkey and just relax and enjoy Smile

Pol x

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 7:54 am