Turkish Chatter

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Turkish Chatter

Discussion group for all women with Turkish men in their lives

2 posters

What's going on in our economy?

ruby
    ruby

What's going on in our economy? Empty What's going on in our economy?

Post  ruby Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:16 am

I recently read that the EU has handed over 75 billion pounds to assist Greece with their monetary problems.

Amazingly, the UK has contributed towards this enormous sum by handing over 90 million pounds, now once converted from Euro's to pounds, thats the equivalent to the amount that pair won on the Euro Millions Lottery last week.

Am I missing the point or something here, we have unemployment at an all time high, inflation rocketing out of control, people losing their jobs, houses are being repossessed, the NHS is stretched to its limits, Police cut backs, college courses slashed and the sick and disabled are being forced to take jobs which do not exist in an attempt to 'cook the government books'. Yet instead of addressing these very serious issues, Dave and Nick tend to jump on the old immigration band wagon and start spouting about how they are tackling immigration by introducing a History Test into the Citizenshipship exam, they truly believe that by side tracking the conversation to everyone's favourite topic 'immigration', that they have got themselves off the hook of having to deal with all the other issues.

Can someone tell me where they have suddenly found this miraculous 90 million pounds to help Greece out when the rest of us have to tighten our belts?

I know all governments look after themselves, but since David and Nick have been in partnership, the UK has been brought to its knees - literally and its an employers market who never fail to preach to their staff just how lucky they are to have a job at the minimum wage.

This Con/Dem government should be condemned.

Off my soap box now - anyone else have an opinion?

Ruby
    SozzledSally
    SozzledSally

What's going on in our economy? Empty Re: What's going on in our economy?

Post  SozzledSally Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:51 am

Get rid of Camerooooon!

Sal x

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 1:39 pm