Turkish Chatter

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Turkish Chatter

Discussion group for all women with Turkish men in their lives

4 posters

*********BREAKING NEWS**********Late TURKISH LOVE Member's Killer Husband in Court

Admin
    Admin

*********BREAKING NEWS**********Late TURKISH LOVE Member's Killer Husband in Court Empty *********BREAKING NEWS**********Late TURKISH LOVE Member's Killer Husband in Court

Post  Admin Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:54 pm

Guveclover
    Guveclover

*********BREAKING NEWS**********Late TURKISH LOVE Member's Killer Husband in Court Empty Re: *********BREAKING NEWS**********Late TURKISH LOVE Member's Killer Husband in Court

Post  Guveclover Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:07 am

Thankfully this man will be in prison for a very long time - it's a pity that it'll be at the British taxpayers expense though! I think he should be put on the first available flight to serve his sentence in a Turkish jail personally.

Admin
    Admin

*********BREAKING NEWS**********Late TURKISH LOVE Member's Killer Husband in Court Empty Re: *********BREAKING NEWS**********Late TURKISH LOVE Member's Killer Husband in Court

Post  Admin Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:21 am

Hi Judith,

I absolutely agree with you - he certainly should be sent back to Turkey to serve his sentence! He'd only been in the UK for three or four weeks!

The man is clearly a psychopath, and it's incredible to think that neither the victims (or any of their friends/family) picked up any clues to his mental state prior to him coming over to England. You don't suddenly become a psychopath overnight - and he must have displayed signs of psychopathy thoughout their four year relationship.

I suppose the victim put these signs (which MUST have been there) down to "funny little Turkish ways" - which seems to be par for the course amongst the naive and gullible - who usually find odd behaviour in some Turkish men somewhat endearing and sweet!

Of course, it could be that the victim conducted most of the relationship via Skype/MSN and texting - and if his English was poor, too - it would have been even harder to detect his condition.....

Just goes to show how a few annual visits to see 'askim' in Turkey, really cannot determine what sort of character he truly is!

I'm still staggered no clues were ever picked up, though...

Strawbs
    Guveclover
    Guveclover

Post  Guveclover Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:52 pm

I totally agree - one doesn't become a psychopath overnight. And there's a huge difference between someone having a bad temper and the occasional outburst, or being stressed and having an emotional meltdown and committing a coldblooded double (and almost triple) murder. This man simply must have displayed worrying behaviours prior to that fateful night.

I think that when you don't share a common language and culture with another person it can be hard to get to know them or pick up on queues in the way that you can with people with whom you do. For that reason, as you say Strawbs, aspects of this man's character or behaviour may have been understandably ignored, overlooked or excused.

What puzzles me most in all of this though, is how the mother in law's Turkish partner was not able to spot the shortcomings in this man. Through the course of his step daughter's four year long relationship with this man surely he would have got to know him? He must have spent time in is company and talked to him at length?
    cazzy8
    cazzy8

Post  cazzy8 Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:59 pm

I hope he rots and some very large nasty men make his life hell, if you see what I mean. It wouldn't be punishment enough. He should have been sent to the worst prison in Turkey, why should we pay to keep him??
    ruby
    ruby

Post  ruby Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:11 pm

Hi Ladies

I totally agree with you all. First of all, Julie Sahin, Michala's mother branded Gol a 'psycho' after a blazing row during a family holiday in September 2010.

Also, why the hell should the British Taxpayer be paying towards the upkeep of this oxygen thief for at least 36 years, which is the minimum sentence Gol will serve for this double murder? Furthermore, the fool who runs this country is reassessing all prisoners and their sentences in order to reduce their sentence as yet another cost cutting exercise. Why do you think he wants to give prisoners the entitlement to vote?- so that these scumbags will vote for him at the next General Election. Its no wonder crime rates are increasing, and to add insult to injury, his Home Secretary Theressa May is trying to alter Police contracts in order to reduce the police force. So less police, more criminals on the streets = increased crime rates. I also think these idiots are psychos.

Back to Gol. Here is the newspaper article and link-

GOL VERDICT: The holiday romance that ended in murder

9:00am Friday 1st June 2012 in News By Laura Jones

*********BREAKING NEWS**********Late TURKISH LOVE Member's Killer Husband in Court ?type=articlePortrait

THE holiday romance that ended in murder began with a sun-soaked trip to Turkey in 2007 that didn’t hint of the horror that was to come.

While in Bodrum, Michala Burgess-Hall met Ensar Gol, a 17-year-old Turk, and soon afterwards fell pregnant with the couple’s first child.

Already Miss Burgess-Hall’s mum Julie Sahin had found love in Turkey.

In May 2002 she married Mehmet Sahin in Turkey after meeting him there and the pair later made their home in Thame, settling in Ireton Court.

After meeting Gol in 2007, Miss Burgess-Hall maintained a relationship with him and, after the birth of their daughter, the pair also went on to have a son together.

But their love affair caused tensions in the family, with Mrs Sahin branding Gol a “psycho” after a blazing row erupted during a family holiday in September 2010.

National service in Turkey meant that Gol was unable to join his partner in England straight away and this put further strain on the relationship, with the couple breaking up and reuniting repeatedly.

Giving evidence Lorraine Kucuk, a friend of Mrs Sahin’s who is also married to a Turkish man, said that the young mum was “heartbroken” at the split.

In January 2011, during one of these periods of separation, Miss Burgess-Hall rekindled a previous holiday romance she had enjoyed 10 years ago with a Turkish man called Gurkan, and travelled to visit him.

She kept the affair secret from Gol and enlisted her friend Lorraine Kucuk to help her to wipe her Facebook account of any evidence.

Mrs Kucuk said: “I helped her get the fresh start she wanted which everybody deserves.”

Despite their strained relationship, the couple married in Turkey in March 2011 but, with animosity growing between them, Mrs Sahin refused to attend the service.

Gol then relocated to the UK, moving in with his wife and Mr and Mrs Sahin at Ireton Court.

But soon a toxic atmosphere developed in the house with Gol and his wife constantly arguing and Mrs Sahin refusing to be in the same room as her son-in-law.

Speaking of Mrs Sahin’s relationship with her son-in-law, Miss Wilson said: “To begin with she got on with him really well, but then when she got to know him she didn’t like him at all.”

The situation worsened when Gol received a phone call from Gurkan after his marriage telling of his affair with Mrs Gol.

The relationship was beyond repair and Gol booked a flight to Turkey on August 23 with the intention of leaving his wife, but after a desperate phone call from her as he travelled to the airport, he was persuaded to stay for the sake of their two children.

Pizza Parlour worker Ali Akar said: “He prepared his suitcase and was saying he was going to go.”

But as his wife’s friend Casey Wilson drove Gol to the airport, he changed his mind.

Miss Wilson said: “He was on the phone to Michala. I think she was asking him to stay.”

It was a short-lived effort at a fresh start and, on August 28, Gol had a one-night stand with Wendy Hazell, a woman he met at the Black Horse pub in Thame, going back to her home after drinking with her.

Earlier this week at her home in Thame, Miss Hazell told reporters “things can’t get any worse” and refused to comment any further.

On September 3, Gol turned up on Miss Hazell’s doorstep unannounced and, after telling her of his marriage problems, Gol once again had sex with her.

Hours later Gol took a knife and murdered his wife and mother-in-law and attempted to murder Miss Wilson.

http://www.thisisoxfordshire.co.uk/news/9739238.GOL_VERDICT__The_holiday_romance_that_ended_in_murder/

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:38 am