Turkish Chatter

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Turkish Chatter

Discussion group for all women with Turkish men in their lives

5 posters

Kuru Fasulye And My Perfect Evening At Home

Admin
    Admin

Kuru Fasulye  And My Perfect Evening At Home Empty Kuru Fasulye And My Perfect Evening At Home

Post  Admin Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:24 pm

Yesterday I made Kuru Fasulye (first time I have Arrow ) and I think I'm a convert! I always thought beans and rice were kind of boring - but not now! tongue

Ertie asked me to make it for him, and so I did the whole thing - soaking the beans overnight etc. While I was cooking it the kitchen smelt like a lokanta! Anyway, Ertie had told me that NO-ONE in the world could make beans like his grandmother could, which doesn't really inspire you when you're cooking a dish for the first time.

Well, whatever I did - I did something right! tongue It was beautiful! I mean, really beautiful. I know we shouldn't blow our own trumpet, but I can honestly say that it could have been served up in a really classy restaurant. No kidding! It tasted so rich and delicious - a million times better than what you get in Turkey or Green Lanes.

I didn't use Lamb, I used Rib Eye Steak (lots of it, too). Really, it was amazing, and Ertie actually laughed all kind of jolly-like "ho-ho-ho" when he tasted it. I think he was shocked, too. He said he'd never tasted beans that good - ever. The things is, it's dead simple to make - but every time I've had it when out I've also thought it was 'just beans'. How wrong was I?! When you make it the way I did - it is not 'just beans'! tongue

We had it with pilaf, hot bread, yogurt and pickles - and rich red wine. It was delicious.

If anyone wants my recipe (I did adapt is slightly) I can send it to you for the sum of £463 including postage. If you want a free version - ask - and I'll post it up! Very Happy

Oh, we ate it with Michael Buble on in the background (Ertie's getting fed up with Christmas already! lol) and had all the candles and tea-lights flickering in their red glass holders, so it was very romantic! Oh we started with Champagne (well, I did - Ertie had beer) and then to round the evening off - I won £93 on the lottery! drunken

The day wasn't so good - but last night certainly made up for it!

Strawbs
    Maria
    Maria

Kuru Fasulye  And My Perfect Evening At Home Empty Re: Kuru Fasulye And My Perfect Evening At Home

Post  Maria Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:31 pm

Sounds delish! Razz I'll buy my recipe from you strawbs if thats oksy, where do I send the money? lol!

Maria
    Pollypecker
    Pollypecker

Kuru Fasulye  And My Perfect Evening At Home Empty Re: Kuru Fasulye And My Perfect Evening At Home

Post  Pollypecker Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:39 am

lucky you winning £93 cheers you might win the big one next!

meal sounds lovely, give us the secret reipe Very Happy

Pol x
    ruby
    ruby

Post  ruby Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:08 am

Oh Strawbs

By the description you have given, I felt I was also eating your dinner with you Surprised

Please send me the recipe, it sounds delicious.

Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:51 pm

OK, I'll PM you my secret recipe, but you must keep it in a vault (a bit like Coca Cola) I've made a new discovery tongue

Strawbs
    Turkishheartdrop
    Turkishheartdrop

Post  Turkishheartdrop Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:10 pm

me as well please...what secret thing did you put in it.......stop teasing and tell us come on.....

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 4:44 pm