Turkish Chatter

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Turkish Chatter

Discussion group for all women with Turkish men in their lives

+2
Pollypecker
ruby
6 posters

UK Bins to be emptied every week - WOW

ruby
    ruby

UK Bins to be emptied every week - WOW Empty UK Bins to be emptied every week - WOW

Post  ruby Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:20 am

The Belediye is good old Marm empty the communal street bin which I share with my neighbours TWICE A DAY and in Marm itself the bins are emptied FIVE times a day.

Now I understand that the bins HAVE to be emptied on such a regular basis due to the extreme difference in temperatures between the UK and Turkey (although not this last weekend which has been gorgeous), and also central Marm has a huge population in the height of summer which demands extra bin emptying.

The laugh of all this is that I do not pay any form of Coucil Tax or the equivalent in Marm and neither do any of my neighbours, I do not live on a complex where they charge a fee for maintaince, neither do I pay a TV Licence.

So if Turkey can provide a twice daily bin emptying service in my neighbourhood and no TV Licence, one wonders what the British Government are doing with the money raised by our Local Authorities via Council Tax collection.

Oh yes, its Welfare Benefits being paid out to the scoungers in our society that is draining our system. In Turkey if you dont work or have someone provide for you, then you simply go without. This is something Cameron should consider doing to the scroungers who have been on Welfare all their lives and have no intention of getting up off their backsides and looking for work. I do understand that he is going to make claiming benefits harder for people, and I do hope he makes it easier for the really genuine people in our society who do need help, furthermore, perhaps if we stop helping other countries and concentrate on pumping resources back into the UK we too could have a more frequent bin emptying service. Not too much to ask for is it?

Ruby
    Pollypecker
    Pollypecker

UK Bins to be emptied every week - WOW Empty Re: UK Bins to be emptied every week - WOW

Post  Pollypecker Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:35 am

Wow I didnt know they cleaned the bins 5 times a day Ruby Shocked thats really good,much better than every 2 weeks, you still get smells and rats, flies over here even whwen its not hot so its a disgrace that they dobt come and clean them nore No Whens it starting?

Pol
    ruby
    ruby

UK Bins to be emptied every week - WOW Empty Re: UK Bins to be emptied every week - WOW

Post  ruby Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:16 am

Hi Pol

I really dont know when they are going to introduce it, I just heard them talking about reintroducing the weekly collection. Hopefully sometime soon with a bit of luck, though not so sure it will be a dead cert with all the Government cutbacks going on, in fact, its a wonder they didnt say they were reducing the collection to once every four weeks. Shocked

Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:25 pm

Hi Ruby,

Where I am we get out bins collected every week, though I have read about some parts of the country where they do fortnightly ones. That is shocking.

How do you manage with all your rubbish? My bin gets full by the end of the week, and we also have a waste-food bin, plus a paper and bottle recycling box. I used to be very good with my bottles, but I've got a bit lazy, now. Having said that, the dustman are incredibly lazy! I remember years ago when we had the old type dustbins (where I used to live) the dustmen would pick it up, empty it, and then put it back in its place. But ever since the wheelies they seem to leave them in the street!

But what's worse with my dustmen is that they leave my bin RIGHT in the centre of my driveway, so I have to put it back in its place before I can drive out. They are so lazy these new dustmen. Dustmen years ago were fitter, too - all that lifting and carrying - and they were always chirpy and charming - and would take extra rubbish for you if you had some.

So back to your bins - how do you cope with fortnightly collections? That must be a real nuisance!

Strawbs
    Ladybird
    Ladybird

Post  Ladybird Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:03 pm

5 times a day dont think so slush
    ruby
    ruby

Post  ruby Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:53 am

Oi Old Bird, the bin men would think nothing of throwing you in the garbage as you are nothing but a piece of scum. Now go and gas with old pig face.

Ruby
    leese
    leese

Post  leese Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:19 am

After living in Marmaris for three years it is true that the bins get emptied up to 5 times daily, albeit in the height of summer!! I live in Izmir now and our bins get emptied twice daily and inbetween by the 'garbage collecters' on their little bikes that rummage throug to see what they can recycle! I always leave my empty beer bottles for them (they get 20kuruş a bottle) so they always are here in force on a monday morning after our weekend of partying!!! Whichever lucky guy would have earn't 12Lira last monday just from picking up a few bags of bottles!! (obviously not just mine and Mesuts worth!) Being my BİRTHDAY on Monday, whoever gets there first on Monday morning (after a house party on Sat night) will probably have the rest of the week off on holiday!!!

When I was back in the Uk looking after my little sis, I had to take just one of her bins out on a certain day. I had to place the bin, with the handles facing the road, so that the binmen could collect it easily. Had I not done this, they would have left it! My Mum now has 3 different coloured bins outside her beautiful thatched cottaged in Norfolk (kind of ruins the postcard pictures) and one day, after potting some new plants she put the waste (including the polystyrene (sp?) balls they come in) in to the garden waste bin. The brown bin I think! Imagine her horror, when going to collect her bin to find it taped up in illuminous yellow tape with 'CONDEMNED' written all over it!! They pay a fortune in council tax because of the price of their house!!!

Anyway, I have no idea to the point of all of this Smile Just thought I would add to the old bin stories!!! Smile

Glad to be back!!!!

Leese xxx
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:17 pm

Hi Leese,

Oh, it's good to see you back! You're sounding very chirpy - I'm glad everything's going well for you. Oh, and yes, I do know it's your BIRTHDAY on Monday - I saw the reminder thing when I just logged in. Wink

Before I go on (drone, drone, drone...) what's it like living in Izmir? Ertie tells me it's really nice and very cosmopolitan (he worked there years ago) and I can't think why we never went there on our travels. I might have a nosy there one day. Of course, I've gone off-topic before even going on it, but I read somewhere on another site someone saying that Izmir women are the most beautiful in Turkey, so I mentioned this to Ertie and asked him if that was true, and he said it is! Suspect So I asked him why they're more beautiful in Izmir (they're still Turkish!) and he said people have said that for a hundred years : Izmir women are the most beautiful in Turkey. When I probed a bit more he did say they were very modern and westernised, and some of them possibly had European blood from way back - there's lots of different coloured eyes (blues, greens, pale grey etc) and some of their features are are quite fine. I'm just wondering if you've noticed that? Or is he (like most men) assessing their beauty on the size of their tits and little waists? tongue

Back to the bins, I remember they emptied them about twice a day in Ovacik, but it could have been more for all I know. You definitely need them emptied in all that heat! Especially when you consider that they have to put bathroom waste into the bins What a Face

You're absolutely right about the Bin Police in England! If you put the wrong thing in the wrong bin they'll use that as an excuse to walk off and leave your bin! That's cos they're lazy and/or difficult. Did you know they started putting spy devices on people's bins to see how much rubbish people were putting in their bins, and if we were filling them correctly?! It's outrageous! As you know, our council tax is terribly expensive - ridiculously so - and funnily enough I saw the dustmen a few weeks' ago driving a really pretty, purple lorry - it looked all brand new and posh - I actually pointed it out to Ertie - so I think we're paying for them to have all nice super-duper lorries to drive around in, but they don't do hardly any work!

I know they've refused to empty some people's bins if, say, like your mum, they find a cotton bud in there or something (they must lift the lid and look for EVIDENCE mustn't they?!) and they are sooo lazy! They NEVER put the bin back in its right place, and I read an article about a very old woman who had to pull her bin about half a mile up her drive (she lived somewhere very remote) because the binmen refused to drive down there! And I've been told they earn a lot of money for what they do - and they only do a few hours a day. I had a plumber come round to fix something once, and he told me he used to be a dustman and the money was really good - and I'm sure he had no reason to lie. I think they earn a lot more than we realise.

Another thing I'd like to know - why haven't I seen a road sweeper for eons? Suspect I haven't seen a road-sweeper for years! Which is quite odd thinking about it - my road never has any rubbish on the ground - but I don't remember seeing a road-sweeper down here. I know someone must cut the grass verges - and I've never seen him, either! Maybe they do it really early in the morning or something?

Back to the bins, I'm sure they started sending people round to clean and disinfect them a few years ago, but I don't think they do that anymore. It wasn't a weekly thing or anything like that. Mind you, my dustbin doesn't doesn't get dirty as such (that's cos I'm posh, innit king ) but it doesn't get dirty or whiffy, cos everything I put in there is quite clean or wrapped up in newspaper and bags, and when I ever open a tin I always give it a rinse-out first before throwing it in the rubbish. It also gets hosed down occasionally and then sprinkled with disinfectant, but it doesn't really need it to be honest - I just can't stand the thought it might get whiffy in the heat and attract rats! affraid I know a woman who actually polishes her bin - and I know another woman who used to put her milk bottles in the dishwasher before putting them out for the milkman!

Anyway, how many bins are you going to need for your birthday party? geek I hope you have a fantastic time! sunny

Strawbs
    Turkishheartdrop
    Turkishheartdrop

Post  Turkishheartdrop Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:03 pm

Ruby its the same here for me once every 2 weeks.........somebody said it was going to be every 3 weeks soon but that could be rumours.....a few roads from me there was a punch up coz some toad was putting his rubbish in a neighbours bin coz hes was full up...the neighbours went mad and the police all come out...this will happen more if it goes on like this....

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 8:15 pm