Turkish Chatter

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Turkish Chatter

Discussion group for all women with Turkish men in their lives

+6
Guveclover
curlyboop
ruby
Croush
Maria
Admin
10 posters

Message for Mistral and the Kusadasi Fanny Club

askim
    askim

Message for Mistral and the Kusadasi Fanny Club - Page 2 Empty Re: Message for Mistral and the Kusadasi Fanny Club

Post  askim Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:26 am

Ruby i seem to get the feeling you think know me somehow?lol
    ruby
    ruby

Message for Mistral and the Kusadasi Fanny Club - Page 2 Empty Re: Message for Mistral and the Kusadasi Fanny Club

Post  ruby Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:28 am

askim wrote: Ruby i seem to get the feeling you think know me somehow?lol

Askim, I wouldnt know you from a bar of soap Laughing

Ruby
    Croush
    Croush

Post  Croush Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:49 pm

As I stated previously on the other site, I won't post on that topic anymore anyway, Mistral's story is used for the grieves between your site and Tukish Love members. My thoughts have been said.

Regards,

Croushy
    Guveclover
    Guveclover

Post  Guveclover Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:43 am

Croushy, personally all I was interested in was that Mistral should be made aware that the address her partner puts on his marriage papers is not important and that this is not the obstacle to getting married in Turkey that she is being led to believe it is - that's all.

As you're a close and valued friend of Mistral's (rather than one of those "jealous" people) and having such a keen interest in women not being taken in by seasonal workers maybe you could do her a favour by bringing this to her attention off site...?
    sandra
    sandra

Post  sandra Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:35 am

Guveclover wrote:Croushy, personally all I was interested in was that Mistral should be made aware that the address her partner puts on his marriage papers is not important and that this is not the obstacle to getting married in Turkey that she is being led to believe it is - that's all.

As you're a close and valued friend of Mistral's (rather than one of those "jealous" people) and having such a keen interest in women not being taken in by seasonal workers maybe you could do her a favour by bringing this to her attention off site...?

Here here. A kind word in Mistrals ear would really benefit her and she would take notice of you Croush as you're not jealous and you're a friend.

Sandra
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:07 am

Croush wrote:As I stated previously on the other site, I won't post on that topic anymore anyway, Mistral's story is used for the grieves between your site and Tukish Love members. My thoughts have been said.

Regards,

Croushy

Hi Croushy,

TOTALLY off-topic! But I just had a little nose at your site and noticed you were asking about the Turkish greens. It sounds like Samphire to me - they use is in abundance in seafood restaurants in the cities. You can buy it here, too - and if you're near a beach you can be lucky enough to find it and just pick a bunch of it!

It's definitely not radish or pomegranate.

Check out the Waitrose website and I think you'll find it's what you're referring to.

Oooh, by the way, if you're doing the Turkish deep fried vegetables in batter - do NOT use pancake mixture - it will come out thick and cloggy! Yuk!

Strawbs
    Turkishheartdrop
    Turkishheartdrop

Post  Turkishheartdrop Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:41 pm

Admin wrote:
    Croush wrote:As I stated previously on the other site, I won't post on that topic anymore anyway, Mistral's story is used for the grieves between your site and Tukish Love members. My thoughts have been said.

Regards,

Croushy

Hi Croushy,

TOTALLY off-topic! But I just had a little nose at your site and noticed you were asking about the Turkish greens. It sounds like Samphire to me - they use is in abundance in seafood restaurants in the cities. You can buy it here, too - and if you're near a beach you can be lucky enough to find it and just pick a bunch of it!

It's definitely not radish or pomegranate.

Check out the Waitrose website and I think you'll find it's what you're referring to.

Oooh, by the way, if you're doing the Turkish deep fried vegetables in batter - do NOT use pancake mixture - it will come out thick and cloggy! Yuk!

Strawbs

Who said samphire was like pomegranates and radish? LOL..........the pancake batter sounds vile.....they wont get to askims hearts thru his tum tum LOL...........
    Pollypecker
    Pollypecker

Post  Pollypecker Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:45 pm

hehehehehehe must be all those rose colored goggles they wear, cant tell the fifference between red and green! lol! or savoury and bitter! geek
    cant work out shapes either......you sure its not the sirin one? she gets her shapes and curves mixed up!

Pol x
    Croush
    Croush

Post  Croush Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:44 am

Hi
    Well strawbs you are right it didn't taste like radish. I asked the friend I ate that with and he said it was called Turp otu which is radish in my translator. So I'm lost. Or maybe he thinks that's Turp otu but is wrong .
    Maria
    Maria

Post  Maria Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:34 am

Croush wrote:Hi
    Well strawbs you are right it didn't taste like radish. I asked the friend I ate that with and he said it was called Turp otu which is radish in my translator. So I'm lost. Or maybe he thinks that's Turp otu but is

wrong .

Its called deniz borulcesi, that means in English sea greens??? France sell it aswell as Turkey and England Smile

Maria
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:30 pm

Hi Croush,

From what you've described it's most definitely Samphire. It tastes rather like the sea (if that makes sense?) and is green.

It sounds to me that there's a confusion with the translation. Radishes are small red-skinned vegetables with a white inside, and are very crunchy. They are like little balls.

Pomegranates are a fruit filled with sour/sweet juice and seeds (which you eat). They too are red in colour, and theat's what Grenadine is made out of. As it happens, Pomegranate is used widely in Turkey as a salad dressing - they turn the Pomegranates into a syrupy type juice, and the result is not dissimilar to Balsamic Vinegar (the very thick one) It's actually delicious, but you probably wouldn't see it in the local tourist restaurants. You'd find it in the cities, though - and you can buy it in supermarkets in London.

Deniz Borulcesi is the Turkish word for Samphire. Deniz is as you know, sea, and I think it translates as Sea Asparagus - though I could be wrong on that. I'll need to ask Ertie, and he's out just now. But I'm sure that's what you had!

Strawbs
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:33 pm

Pollypecker
    Pollypecker

Post  Pollypecker Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:41 pm

Thats made me peckish seeing those pictures and I dont like greens much Suspect they look yuummy tho

Pol x

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 5:19 pm