Turkish Chatter

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Turkish Chatter

Discussion group for all women with Turkish men in their lives

+4
Turkishheartdrop
Pollypecker
Admin
ruby
8 posters

Tragic News

ruby
    ruby

Tragic News Empty Tragic News

Post  ruby Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:34 pm

Sorry I have not been around on the site lately to entertain everyone (Bill loves to be entertained Laughing ) however, I have been following the news about President Erdoğan's mother who sadly passed away on Friday. Crying or Very sad

The tragedy in this is that this lady was only 83. Shocked This is equivalent to living to be 120 in the UK, as most of us know that the expected life span is much shorter in Turkey. Also, this woman would have received the very best of treatment. Think about the children in third world countries who are dying in squalor, or even the kids in the UK like Baby P, that is what I call a tragedy.

A wannabe Mod over the road got the elderly lady's age wrong, she thought she was 88 and wants to send her
    condolences to Başbakan Erdoğan although she doubts he will read a crappy little Turkish site, but then again she states 'well who knows'. Mad

Yes my dear I am absolutely sure that Başbakan Erdoğan will be taking the time to sit and read TC, are you for real, I know you are only young but for goodness sake get a grip girl. Başbakan Erdoğan will be accepting condolences from his REAL PARLIAMENT , Heads of State around the world, family and friends and will be busy arranging and organising all the formalities that go with such an event.

Furthermore, the majority of Turks dislike Başbakan Erdoğan as he is extremely radical which basically spits in the face of all what Mustafa Kemal Ataturk strived for throughout his life i.e. rights for women, education for all children, making Turkey a secular country and this great 'legend' is enormously respected throughout Western Turkey.

Now I am not disrespecting the loss of his mother as even if she was 120 years old, when one's mother dies it is extremely painful, but as none of us are related to Mr Erdoğan, and I doubt he speaks/reads much English, wtf is the point of sending your condolences in the hope that he 'just' may read that site. It's ridiculous. Wonder if this same girl sent condolences to David Cameron when he lost his father last year?

The funeral took place yesterday (Saturday 8 October) at Istanbul's Fatih mosque. I have actually visited this mosque, it is not too far from the Blue Mosque and is in a very beautiful setting. Lucky her to have such a lovely resting place and to live to such a great age.

I am off now to pm the PM with my condolences.

BTW, I've won a tenner on the Lottery yipee Laughing

Here is a link to an appropriate song for all those who want to offer their condolences:-
    https://youtu.be/_Jtpf8N5IDE

Ruby

Admin
    Admin

Tragic News Empty Re: Tragic News

Post  Admin Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:02 pm

Hi Ruby,

Well, although it's very sad to lose a parent I think he was very lucky to have his mother for all those years, and 83 isn't exactly a spring chicken is it?

I do think it's all very odd when British women on these sites start sending their condolances to Turkish strangers, when they read about a loss they've had. British women seem to feel obliged to do this when they have a Turk in their life, but as you rightly say, I don't remember anyone sending David Cameron condolances when he lost his father last year : strange isn't it?

It reminds me of those professional mourners who want to be seen as 'upset' and stand sobbing at the roadside as a stranger's hearse drives past. It's all very fake and insincere, and comes across as attention-seeking.

Oh woe is me!

Strawbs
    Pollypecker
    Pollypecker

Post  Pollypecker Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:19 pm

Its sad but its a bit funny sending sympathy to somebody you dont know,its a bit creepy like in my mind,I wander why they do it.She wasnt famous even or anything like that and he cant speak english so he will never be able to read it Evil or Very Mad

Pol
    Turkishheartdrop
    Turkishheartdrop

Post  Turkishheartdrop Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:38 pm

some people try too hard to be liked....thats the real reason they cry croc tears.......its so see thru....
    Guveclover
    Guveclover

Post  Guveclover Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:12 am

That woman seems to spend all day and night glued to that site.

She says that she's been living in Turkey for the last 3 years. What a very full life she must have been living over there all that time. Neutral I wonder what she does when it gets really boring?
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:43 am

I just took a look and she does seem glued to it : I wonder why? It can't be the only thing she reads on the Internet, surely?

I agree with you, Judith, she must be very bored in Turkey - and possibly craves stimulation and conversation. Does her husband speak English, I wonder? Suspect She'll be posting like the clappers now that winter's upon us!

I would guess, too, that she's a member of Sirin's site - so Ruby may well have a point about her wanting to be a Mod.

Strawbs
    Turkishheartdrop
    Turkishheartdrop

Post  Turkishheartdrop Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:44 pm

sam is bored to tears.................
    Maria
    Maria

Post  Maria Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:20 pm

I bet he wouldnt be too pleased with her working in an estate agents with no permit What a Face she should keep a low profile, silly thing to do to try and get noticed,whats the matetr with her?

Shes a acting like a doughnut Rolling Eyes

Maria
    Teenz
    Teenz

Post  Teenz Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:27 pm

Really!

And she has a face photo on show on the Internet too..... Is she clueless?

Pollypecker
    Pollypecker

Post  Pollypecker Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:10 am

What a dopey moo Shocked she must be a member of the numps then lol!

Pol
    SozzledSally
    SozzledSally

Post  SozzledSally Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:19 am

I might get shot down in flames for this but I think old dears of 88 should be given the choice to leave the world,they become a burden on everyone and loose their marbles so it should be a celebration when they kick the bucket cheers It makes room for the young folk. Its no fun having an old person to look after in Turkey they dont have old peoples homes out there so Im not sure why sam is crying, may be shes got personel problems thats making her weepy and break down Sad If shes working with no work permit shes looking over her shoulders and got lots of stress so that wont help. Shes a silly girl, hes cracking down on illegals.

Sal x

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:57 am