Turkish Chatter

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Turkish Chatter

Discussion group for all women with Turkish men in their lives

+5
Teenz
Maria
Turkishheartdrop
Admin
Guveclover
9 posters

It Seems Pennies Do Drop - Gradually

Guveclover
    Guveclover

It Seems Pennies Do Drop - Gradually Empty It Seems Pennies Do Drop - Gradually

Post  Guveclover Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:41 am

We go from hearing how Turkey is the best country in the world, an idyllic country and culture in which to raise children; perfect in every way, to gradually hearing that, upon closer inspection, things there aren't quite so perfect in every way imagineable after all...

We start to hear that - gasp, shock horror, - Turkey actually has some faults! And, wait for it, Turkish people aren't perfect either <<clap hand over mouth>>. affraid

These revelations send shock waves through the place but they also show that pennies do drop, albeit gradually. They say that you don't appreciate what you've got until it's gone and I think that for many people that's true. Although many women are quick to "dis" the UK and home they soon come to realise - albeit gradually - that, however hitherto unthinkable and unimagineable, Turkey also has its shortcomings.

The more people come to the gradual realisation, the more they start to contradict themseves too. For example, one minute they're proclaiming that the respect that younger people have for their elders is one of the things that draws them to Turkey, and the next they are saying that they find it hard to deal with listening to older Turkish men talking to younger Turkish men like absolute shit for no good reason. Surely they can see that in a culture where young people have it drummed into them from birth that they must respect their elders without question and irrespective of whether or not they deserve it, such socially unhealthy behaviour is an inevitable consequence? Give me a culture which teaches children that respect is earnt and that respect is a two way street any day.

We've also heard how Turkish people have so much respect for other people in general. Yet, a certain woman's own partner refuses to respect her wishes and wear a seatbelt when travelling as a passenger in her car, despite being appraised of the potential risks, whilst other people blow smoke all over her when they know she's a non-smoker. All sounds very respectful I must say.

Give me the UK any day of the week - warts and all.

Admin
    Admin

It Seems Pennies Do Drop - Gradually Empty Re: It Seems Pennies Do Drop - Gradually

Post  Admin Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:04 am

Hi Judith,

I must reply to this, but I just went over there to have a nose, and got distracted reading another one by the Yank. I'll start a new thread on it - but just to say I sat there looking like the OMG cat! Shocked Here's one bit of what she said:

Except for maybe getting to work for a Türk company, or becoming an Ambassador to Turkey...both of which are quite complicated processes I am sure.

Sorry for hijacking the thread. I'll start a new one on it. I'm just going over to read the other onem then I'll be back with my thoughts on it.

Strawbs
    #P.S. I notive her Türk man put her off from coming : family problems! clown
    Admin
    Admin

It Seems Pennies Do Drop - Gradually Empty Re: It Seems Pennies Do Drop - Gradually

Post  Admin Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:06 am

Oh, before I come back - she's actually a REAL loopfruit. She's never even BEEN to Turkey nad wants to move to England 'to be a bit closer to it'!! rabbit

Strawbs
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:53 am

Back again.

Well, the woman certainly sounds disenchanted with Turkey, and I do agree with everything she says. The safety measures out in Turkey are atrocious - everyone knows that. And the country's lack of concern trickles right down to everyone - which is why they're all so lax. I remember reading a very interesting article in a Turkish newspaper when I was living out there (it was translated into English, by the way!) anyway, the report said that they'd done a study, and something like 90% (can't remember the exact figure - but it was HUGE) 90% of Turkish men believed they could not catch the AIDS virus providing they washed after sex. They also refused to accept that smoking would damage THEIR health "it only happens to other people" is their attitude. And they also thought seatbelts etc were stupid, and only worn by wimps - they thought it took their machoness away if they wore a seatbelt or helmet.

By the way, I noticed that the woman talking about these problems out there seems to do the driving - just as well her fiance can't drive isn't it?! I'm assuming he can't - maybe he can? Suspect

Actually, you often find when a person starts becoming irritated by certain things and habits - they're becoming disillusioned with their MAN. Or woman. When they're first head over heels in love, all these Turkish traits, idiosyncracies,Turkish values (or lack of) - the whole 'Turkish thing' - is endearing to them, and they find it sweet and lovely and funny and quaint - and say things like 'aw bless'. Once the rosetint starts fading it's just not quite so quaint anymore.

I think she's gone off him.

She probably won't admit it (her pride wouldn't let her) and maybe she doesn't realise it herself - but I wouldn't mind betting she has.

But back to the main topic - I think these people who seem bowled over by Turkey and want to live out there - sometimes without ever having VISITED the country - are unrealistic daydreamers living in cloud cuckoo land. And it isn't just starry-eyed women with a rat beckoning them - older peope (retirees) sell up and move out there in the belief they're going have a bettr quality of lifestyle. And the quality is NOT better - certainly not better than where we are!

I also think when a person falls in love with a Turk, they want to fall in love with Turkey, too; which although childish - I can understand them feeling like that. They kind of think Turkey produced the man of their dreams - I know that sounds mad - but a psychologist would tell you the same. It's human nature to be biased and all that.

I also think that the vast majority of people who want to upsticks and move to Turkey are doing so to escape from themselves. I really believe that. OK, there are those who have Turkish husbands and so need to move there, and there are the retired couples who want to move out and live in the sun etc, but most people who go over there to live - especially lone people - are often escaping something or searching for something. I met so many ex-pats in Turkey, and EVERY SINGLE one of them (those that moved over there alone) had some kind of problem. And let's face it - what person gives up a happy, comfortable life in there homeland - for no other reason than 'they like the sound of Turkey'?

They were often dropouts, lazy-arses, losers - had never made it in any capacity - were unhappy with their lives - and so though by moving to Turkey THEY would change. But they don't - of course they don't. They take their issues with them. And then they spend all day hunched over an Efes talking to other ex-pats and trying to convince themselves how wonderful it is that the weather is so HOT and it's not raining.

I think they have very low aspirations, actually. Turkey can be SO tedious and boring - especially in the wintertime. I can't speak for the big cities; it's possibly very different there. But the resorts send you crazy with boredom in the winter.

Turkey's quite a strange country for the average person to want to move to - I think so. But I think a lot of people did that because at one time property was very cheap to buy out there, and Spain was beyond their budget.

God, I've really rambled off here............ Suspect I've gone right off track!

Strawbs
    Turkishheartdrop
    Turkishheartdrop

Post  Turkishheartdrop Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:58 pm

The Turkish take on respect is skewed.....its out of touch and old fashioned...and usually fake. Turks will show respect to others they hate.... then bitch about them and stab them in the back when they leave..Turks wear two faces and are a jealous as hell race.....they all steam in for a fight and kickin and try and do people over for para para.....para is god. They think women should shut up and not be heard...just stay in the kitchen cooking and churning out kids....Turks are backwards...disrespful...arrogant and bad mannered. If these women find those ways better then they must of come from somewhere really rough.......
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:23 pm

Hi THD,

SOME Turks are like that - but not all of them!

Strawbs
    Maria
    Maria

Post  Maria Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:35 pm

Depends where they come from in Turkey as well, east and west are very different respect wise, they are stricter in the east and lots of the men are savages and spit on the floor a lot.

Maria
    Teenz
    Teenz

Post  Teenz Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:05 pm

I remember on Egots once a post about Dogs and Turks and one poor woman posted up she was living in Turkey and had taken her dog out for a walk and some old turkish man started beating her dog and then her with a stick and nobody did anything to help Shocked Still you had some stupid women posting up that's very rare and Turkish people are the best people in the world really, I couldn't believe how blinkered they where even when a terrible personal attack like that was mentioned.

I think its a very slow process for some people Sleep
    Maria
    Maria

Post  Maria Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:46 pm

Turkish people dont like animals in the home Teenz and they dont see animals as pets cat for that man to beat a dog in the street I would of gone up to him and belted him. Twisted Evil I cant understand why nobody went to help? I hate the way they treat animals out there! I know also that bar sometimes they get a puppy or kitten to bring the custom in in the season and then sling it out on the street at the end of season Evil or Very Mad It makes me mad!

Maria
    Ladybird
    Ladybird

Post  Ladybird Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:17 pm

its against the law to insult turks so you shud watch it
    ruby
    ruby

Post  ruby Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:03 pm

Ladybird wrote:its against the law to insult turks so you shud watch it

Baliks to the Turds

Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:07 pm

Ladybird,

That's complete and utter rubbish what you say!

It is NOT against the law to speak your mind, and neither is it against the law if a Turkish person feels they've been insulted.

You're confusing it with the Turkish Insult Law, which says you shouldn't insult 'Turkishness' or rather 'the Turkish Nation'. So, that means if you insult, say, Ataturk or the Turkish Government it is a punishable offence - and if a TURK insults the Turkish Nation they'll get an even stricter punishment! What a Face

But to call someone a 'loverat' - when they are one - is a totally separate thing!lol

Strawbs
    Richard
    Richard

Post  Richard Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:26 pm

Hey this sounds extreme! I never heard this before! Are you sure there's such a thing?

Richard
    Pollypecker
    Pollypecker

Post  Pollypecker Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:27 am

There is an insult law thing in turkey, not sure what its about really Suspect I agree about the women who get all giddy about turkey and I bet its really coz they have a turkish man so they want to love turkey also.

Pol
    Turkishheartdrop
    Turkishheartdrop

Post  Turkishheartdrop Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:05 am

Admin wrote:Ladybird,

That's complete and utter rubbish what you say!

It is NOT against the law to speak your mind, and neither is it against the law if a Turkish person feels they've been insulted.

You're confusing it with the Turkish Insult Law, which says you shouldn't insult 'Turkishness' or rather 'the Turkish Nation'. So, that means if you insult, say, Ataturk or the Turkish Government it is a punishable offence - and if a TURK insults the Turkish Nation they'll get an even stricter punishment! What a Face

But to call someone a 'loverat' - when they are one - is a totally separate thing!lol

Strawbs

Insult Turkishness Shocked Suspect ........your kidding..........Turkishness means everyone not just the government..that cant be true
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:17 pm

No, there definitely is a Turkish Insult Law in force. I'm not au fait with it, but I know it exists - have a look on Google and you'll find it.

It doesn't cover things like personal insults - if you called a turtle rat a weed, for example, they wouldn't send you to prison for that! Laughing Or if you called a nasty, cheating, scumbag loverat a bar steward/horrible/cheat/ etc etc - it wouldn't cover that, either. People throw insults at each other every day in Turkey - they're not all carted off to prison!

And if you exposed a love-rat you wouldn't go to prison for that, either.

But if you insulted Ataturk or the Turkish Government - or the Turkish nation as a whole - you could be arrested and charged for that.

Of course, it's disrespectful to insult any nation (especially when you're in their country!) but I do think it's a tad extreme. Oh, and Turks getter a stiffer sentence if they insult the Turkish nation - even if they say it while they're in England! They get longer in prison! tongue

Strawbs
    Turkishheartdrop
    Turkishheartdrop

Post  Turkishheartdrop Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:35 pm

Whats the betting that law was made by a turkish MAN................
    Guveclover
    Guveclover

Post  Guveclover Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:48 pm

Maybe Ladybird is one of those dutiful WAGS who takes every word askim utters at face value and believes it as gospel?

That's assuming of course that she has a Turkish/Kurdish partner...?
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:17 pm

Haha! Maybe he's told Ladybird that if she disrespects him she could be banned from Turkey! lol!

Some of the tosh these dumbos believe - honestly!

That awful woman with the massive chip on the shoulder, Yeliz (the one who runs the slum B&B in Sheffield) aka Lara, and who used to be all cocky and aggressive until I sent the police round to her and she was cautioned and issued with a Harassment Order (she wasn't cocky, then - she started snivelling like a baby - the police told me) anyway, she wrote a message to Soo on another site, and actually wondered if I was banned from Turkey! lol! She's really weird, she is! Delusional with a massive chip on her shoulder because she grew up in poverty - and it was my fault! geek

Some of these women have got part of their brain missing, I think.

Strawbs
    Maria
    Maria

Post  Maria Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:43 pm

She had a site going acting the tough nut, you sayin Jades mums a skank look at lara yeliz affraid I know a girl who lives near her and she is hated down all the street,nobody can stand her shes a right hard nut,any reason to pick on someone she does it,rows and shouts with everyone What a Face shes a weirdo and hates british people but shes one herself:suspect:

Maria
    ruby
    ruby

Post  ruby Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:20 am

Maria, People like that are just pure scum and are not fit to wipe my arse Very Happy

Ruby
    Maria
    Maria

Post  Maria Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:32 pm

Ruby I would never have that woman anywhere near my TOILET let alone my arse What a Face
    She is really warped and angry and everyone avoids her. Fact.

Maria
    ruby
    ruby

Post  ruby Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:11 am

Maria

I cannot help but smile when I look at your Avatar he/she is so sweet.

Ruby

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 12:44 pm