Turkish Chatter

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Turkish Chatter

Discussion group for all women with Turkish men in their lives

+5
Ladybird
SozzledSally
Michelle78
Admin
DennyK
9 posters

Good Weekend

DennyK
    DennyK

Good Weekend Empty Good Weekend

Post  DennyK Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:01 am

Good Evening Everyone
    I hope you all had a great weekend, I did Wink
    Was going to go into chat but no one around so just been catching up reading the board, its very quiet?
    Hope to catch up with you all soon

Denny
    Admin
    Admin

Good Weekend Empty Re: Good Weekend

Post  Admin Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:55 am

Hi Denny,

I've had a busy weekend, and I suppose other people have too - that's why its been quiet. Did you not go down to London, then, this weekend? By the way, did you ask your boyfriend who lives just across the road from Heathrow Airport why he says he lives in London? lol I thought that was hilarious when you said that in chat! Razz What with Heathrow being in Middlesex and all that....and having a great big motorway around it. I still never quite worked out why you said you got off in Stevenage when you came down to visit him - that's north of London in Hertfordhire - nowhere near Heathrow, Middlesex (west of London)

Do you you use a tom-tom or a map! study

Strawbs
    Michelle78
    Michelle78

Post  Michelle78 Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:40 pm

LONDON heathrow airport!!!! sunny
    SozzledSally
    SozzledSally

Post  SozzledSally Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:53 am

Michelle London Heathrow airport is in Middlesex, it's not in London. I can't remember what ones are but I think there are just 3 airports in actual London. I'm sure Strawbs will know what they are.

Sal
    DennyK
    DennyK

Post  DennyK Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:33 am

Hi Strawbs
    Yes iv spent the weekend with him and we had a great time, we didnt do much but its great just to spend time together and meet up with friends.
    O Yes I did ask him why he said his home was in London ( as you had said in chat it wasnt ) and he said its only a stones throw away and he has always thought of it as being part of London. I'm not the best on geography so couldnt tell you, but I did look at his address and its Hayes and it really is just 'across' the road from the airport ( once you go over a big field then the M4).I always thought Heathrow was part of London, proberly due to when you book flights it says London Airports and Heathrow is among them.
    He wasnt a happy bunny being corrected, being a typical man he thinks he is always right but I told him I had it on good authority that it wasnt London but Middlesex, hence to say he spat his dummy out for a few hours which was great for me as a friend and I decided to go for lunch/shopping while he sulked. ( Thank you for the information that helping me pay for lunch and my shopping spree on his credit card Very Happy )
    I do use a Sat-Nav ( like I said not very good on geography or directions )but its not the best even in Edinburgh its likes to take you up one way streets or dead ends, so in a city like London I think I could end up anywhere and still think I was in London.

Denny the geography dunce albino
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:36 am

Hi Sal,

You're right - there are 3 airports in the Greater London area - Heathrow, Biggin Hill and the City Airport. The only one in inner London is City Airport, while Heathrow and Biggin Hill are in Middlesex and Kent. However, the part of Middlesex and Kent that Heathrow and Biggin are in come under Greater London - which isn't actually classed as London. It can seem confusing to someone outside of London, I realise that. But Heathrow and Biggin - although called London Heathrow Airport and London Biggin Hill Airport - are not actually in London.

I don't know if you know, but I used to live in inner London (not far from the centre) and now live in Surrey - but the part of Surrey I live in comes under Greater London. But it isn't actually London. I live in Surrey. So anyone living by Heathrow Airport would never say they live in London - they don't. They live in Middlesex.

I'm sure that sounds confusing, but the crux is a Londoner would never refer to Heathrow Airport as being in London. You've actually got other London Airports which aren't even in Greater London - Gatwick, Luton and Stanstead for example. I think (though I'm not certain) that even Southend Airport may be called London Southend - and that's on the coastline in Essex! I used to fly there a lot for practice when piloting, and I'm sure it's called London Southend Airport - but I may be wrong about that. But I'm definitely not wrong about Heathrow etc.

I hope that helps - though I think I may have made it even more confusing for you! Rolling Eyes

Strawbs
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:00 pm

DennyK wrote:Hi Strawbs
    Yes iv spent the weekend with him and we had a great time, we didnt do much but its great just to spend time together and meet up with friends.
    O Yes I did ask him why he said his home was in London ( as you had said in chat it wasnt ) and he said its only a stones throw away and he has always thought of it as being part of London. I'm not the best on geography so couldnt tell you, but I did look at his address and its Hayes and it really is just 'across' the road from the airport ( once you go over a big field then the M4).I always thought Heathrow was part of London, proberly due to when you book flights it says London Airports and Heathrow is among them.
    He wasnt a happy bunny being corrected, being a typical man he thinks he is always right but I told him I had it on good authority that it wasnt London but Middlesex, hence to say he spat his dummy out for a few hours which was great for me as a friend and I decided to go for lunch/shopping while he sulked. ( Thank you for the information that helping me pay for lunch and my shopping spree on his credit card Very Happy )
    I do use a Sat-Nav ( like I said not very good on geography or directions )but its not the best even in Edinburgh its likes to take you up one way streets or dead ends, so in a city like London I think I could end up anywhere and still think I was in London.

Denny the geography dunce albino

Hi Denny,

Glad to hear you had a good time in London over the weekend! How did you find the weather? It's always warmer than Scotland isn't it?

I may sound picky here, but I wouldn't say having to cross fields and the very busy M4 is 'just across the road' from the airport - you certainly can't walk it! lol There are some areas outside of the Heathrow area where you'll find a lot of Asians living. Is your boyfriend an Asian Muslim by any chance? Just neing nosey...

A lot of the houses around that way are very cheap in value - not just because of the area itself - but due to all the constant white noise of the M4 and the boom of all the planes flying overhead. Ooooh, the thought of it is enough to make me scream! affraid

Your boyfriend sounds very immature, if you don't mind me saying! Are you seriously saying he sulked for a few hours because he realises he doesn't live in London?! Has he never looked at his postcode when his credit card statements have come in? rabbit

So where did you go on a shopping spree on his credit card? Don't tell me! They've got a Harrods in Middlesex too! cheers It was nice of him to give you his card and pin number though - he must really trust you! But maybe he's only got a limited amount to spend, so he wasn't scared you'd bankrupt him. Razz Did you know it's actually illegal to use someone else's bank card? We all do it, though, don't we? But I've often wondered what would happen if a shop assistant thought you din't look much like a MR.lol

On to Sat Navs, I'm not keen on them myself. I only use them if I'm in unknown territory - but even then I check a map first. Sat Navs often take you the long way round - even if it says it's the shortest or quickest route. I never drive up NO ENTRY roads if it tells me to, though! What a Face When it tells you to turn into a NO ENTRY road you should carry on driving and it will reset an alternative turning..........didn't you know that? Shocked You do make me laugh, Denny! You sound like some of those people we occasionally read about who drive their cars in rivers cos the Tom Tom told them to! rendeer

So where in London (or Middlesex) did you go to over the weekend?

Strawbs

Ladybird
    Ladybird

Post  Ladybird Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:38 pm

Admin wrote:Hi Sal,

You're right - there are 3 airports in the Greater London area - Heathrow, Biggin Hill and the City Airport. The only one in inner London is City Airport, while Heathrow and Biggin Hill are in Middlesex and Kent. However, the part of Middlesex and Kent that Heathrow and Biggin are in come under Greater London - which isn't actually classed as London. It can seem confusing to someone outside of London, I realise that. But Heathrow and Biggin - although called London Heathrow Airport and London Biggin Hill Airport - are not actually in London.

I don't know if you know, but I used to live in inner London (not far from the centre) and now live in Surrey - but the part of Surrey I live in comes under Greater London. But it isn't actually London. I live in Surrey. So anyone living by Heathrow Airport would never say they live in London - they don't. They live in Middlesex.

I'm sure that sounds confusing, but the crux is a Londoner would never refer to Heathrow Airport as being in London. You've actually got other London Airports which aren't even in Greater London - Gatwick, Luton and Stanstead for example. I think (though I'm not certain) that even Southend Airport may be called London Southend - and that's on the coastline in Essex! I used to fly there a lot for practice when piloting, and I'm sure it's called London Southend Airport - but I may be wrong about that. But I'm definitely not wrong about Heathrow etc.

I hope that helps - though I think I may have made it even more confusing for you! Rolling Eyes

Strawbs

Why talk in ridles?
    DennyK
    DennyK

Post  DennyK Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:57 am

Anywhere and everywhere is warmer than Scotland. The weather here is never the same as in England. We had a nice relaxing weekend and went to a 30th birthday party Saturday night. The weekend goes by so fast with all the travelling to and fro.
    There are a lot of Asians in the area where his home is but he is not an Asian Muslim, he’s Catholic. Yes your right about the noise, and I don’t think you could be heard if you did scream when those planes are flying overhead, hence the reason we don’t say there but with friends in Stevenage.
    As to him being immature, I think most men under 35 are and I can see his faults and love him for them as that’s what makes him who he is, and if he wants to spit his dummy out now and then I don’t mine ( the saying sorry to me is always fun I love you )
    The credit card thing has always been a topic of conversation, as when we lived in Canada my Dad had two credit cards in his name and my mum used one if we needed to buy anything and use to sign her name when she purchased , this was common practice and no one thought anything of it. If she used the card they would just phone the company and get authorisation for the purchase to go through. Now with all the chip and pin its so much easier to use someone credit card and no one has to call and check anything and it can be abused . He does trust me not to abuse my use of it ( not that I would as if I want anything he would buy it for me or tell me just to buy it myself )and I didn’t do anything illegal as he has a second card in my name on his account, which I use.
    I did tell you I had blonde moments and my Sat-Nav is always making me look more ditzy tongue than I really am. I wouldn’t drive up a No Entry road, but Edinburgh roads are changing all the time and what might have been a two lane road last year is now a one way road or even closed to cars now. I know my way around Edinburgh pretty well but if I’m going to a street I don’t know I do use the Sat-Nav to help me locate it. My boyfriend is always telling me one day I will end up in a ditch/river so you saying that made me laugh lol! perhaps I should just go out and buy an up to date map instead study
    DennyK
    DennyK

Post  DennyK Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:48 pm

f
    ruby
    ruby

Post  ruby Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:09 am

Ladybird wrote:
    Admin wrote:Hi Sal,

Strawbs

Why talk in ridles?

Ladybird

You are the very person who talks in riddles. Are you able to string a whole paragraph together I wonder?

Ruby
    Pollypecker
    Pollypecker

Post  Pollypecker Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:48 am

DennyK is cleverer tongue she can say one letter lol!

Pol
    ruby
    ruby

Post  ruby Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:57 am

Pol

You are funny lol!

Ruby
    Philllipa
    Philllipa

Post  Philllipa Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:00 am

P would of been better hehe Laughing

Pipxoxo
    ruby
    ruby

Post  ruby Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:07 am

I wonder what Denny was attempting to post? Was she suddenly beamed up into outer space before she could finish her message? Hope she got that SatNav if so to guide her back down to earth Laughing

Ruby
    Turkishheartdrop
    Turkishheartdrop

Post  Turkishheartdrop Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:33 am

Philllipa wrote:P would of been better hehe Laughing

Pipxoxo

I must be missing something.....why P?.........

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:00 am