Turkish Chatter

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Turkish Chatter

Discussion group for all women with Turkish men in their lives

5 posters

Message for kittycat

Turkishheartdrop
    Turkishheartdrop

Message for kittycat Empty Message for kittycat

Post  Turkishheartdrop Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:12 am

In answer to your post on the barking site that's based in the UNITED KINGDOM......................

passpore renewal in turkey

11-Aug-2011 14:45

I am sure this has been discussed before but can't seem to find it smiley: eyes

We are going to aydin on monday and one of the things on the to do list is hakims passport. It runs out in september and so we want to renew it for 10 years.

Does anyone know what, if any documentation we need to take apart from his passport and ID card??

Does he need to take more photo's??

Do we have to wait until the date it runs out before we can renew it??

Thank you in advance xx

Why don't you ask TURKISH askim to go and ask the polis or passport office while you're both in TURKIYE? FFS! Jeeeeez........

Is he dumb or something? Next you'll be asking us how to wipe his arse without toilet paper!

Pollypecker
    Pollypecker

Message for kittycat Empty Re: Message for kittycat

Post  Pollypecker Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:23 am

I cant believe some of these women scratch

Pol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:17 pm

Hi THD,

I agree with yout totally. I saw that post on the numpty site, and you'd think it was run for moronic imbeciles with some of the stuff they come out with. If I met a man in Turkey and he was too thick or lazy to find out how to get a passport I would really go off him -fast! It's utterly pathetic, and I saw the silly mother-hen's response to what you wrote - saying he works 24/7 and so hasn't the time to find out for himself. It only takes one phone call for goodness sake. Of course he could find the time! Anyway, if he's working 24/7 how's he going to travel up or down to wherever it is to go and get his passport?! That woman seems to do just about everything for that gormless creature, except breathe for him. They can't even communicate properly, so even if someone did furnish her with the information she wouldn't be able to make him understand, anyway!

When Ertie applied for his passport it never occured to him to ask ME how to get one! And when I've had to renew my British Passport I haven't asked him to ask a bunch of Turkish men on a Turkish forum, based in Turkey, how I should go about it!

Strawbs

Turkishheartdrop
    Turkishheartdrop

Post  Turkishheartdrop Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:29 pm

I'm well surprised you haven't Strawbs, I can't believe you never asked Ertie to sort your passport out! geek One of the numpty gorms piped up in KKs defence and said how busy his restaurant was, well his must be the only busy one in Marm, most of them are dead as a dodo. jocolor These liars do make themselves look soppy Sleep
    ruby
    ruby

Post  ruby Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:04 am

They are all as thick as domuz bok on that numpty site pig

Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:23 am

Mmmmmm Ruby - they're certainly not MENSA material are they?! Very Happy

Strawbs
    Guveclover
    Guveclover

Post  Guveclover Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:07 am

When I was in Turkey with my husband for several months prior to him getting his settlement visa we had to get several official documents from various government departments etc, including a trip to the Police station in Aydin to get a passport for him. I had nothing to do with any of it - apart from tagging along with him on the various trips of course. He took care of it all, just as I would expect him to in his own country. I never once felt that any of it was my worry, or my responsibility.

He was also working very long hours at the time in a very busy hotel restaurant but he always found time to prioritise the things that were important.

One of the many things I love about my husband is the way he has always, both here and in Turkey, made me feel that he is in total control of everything. One of his catchphrases has always been "don't worry, I'll sort it out" and he always has, and has never once let me down.

I have to say I couldn't bear to be with a man who made me feel like I had two children instead of one!
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:30 am

Hi Judith,

Yes, I remember Ertie going to the police station in Turkey to collect his passport; I didn't go with him as I was over in England at the time, but I do remember him saying he also had to go to collect his birth certificate from Soke (or somewhere in Aydin - can't quite remember - and he wasn't born on 1st January, either!lol) but that was about it. Just his kimlik, birth certificate - and a couple of pictures which he had taken in a shop, and which I'd actually gone with him when he had them done. I'm glad I did that, cos it was quite an eye-opener watching the photographer sit Ertie on a high chair, and I think he actually combed his hair for him! He made it look very neat and smart! Smile

Then with a flourish and a twirl he told Ertie to look at the camera, and I watched as he almost naturally adopted this pose; as though he was auditioning for a part in a film about some suave, stern Turkish Army General, sitting all stiff, upright and serious. The photographer obviously expected this type of pose, and told Ertie to raise his head a little higher - which made him look even more Army General somehow. All he needed was some elaborate facial hair and people would have saluted him. These Turks do take their snaps seriously don't they? tongue

Funnily enough, I went with Ertie recently when he went to renew his passport in Knightsbridge, but the main reason I went with him was that we were then both going to shoot off up to North London to visit my children. It turned out to be a really nice day, and while Ertie waited around for about an hour to hand in his application I went off and sat at a cafe opposite Harrods and had a couple of glasses of wine while sitting in the sunshine (one of our few sunny days this summer!) talking on the phone and people watching. It was really nice. I then had a small bite to eat (just a starter as I wasn't that hungry, and were going off to a barbecue at my daughter's in-laws) but I needed something with the wine, so had Mozzarella, Avocado and Tomato Salad with Basil and hot French bread. I was shocked the Mozzarella wasn't Buffalo (right opposite Harrods, too!) and had a little moan about it to the waiter (as I like to have my moans) but as it was so tasty I didn't moan too much! Actually, I was really getting into the cafe mode sat there, and the waiter was one of those funny, warm, welcoming types who make you forget you've been served pizza Mozzarella, and you tell yourself 'oh, it's OK really' cos you're feeling all happy, the sun's shining, the waiter's funny - and you're on your second glass of white! Razz

I've gone right off on a tangent again! clown

Strawbs

Turkishheartdrop
    Turkishheartdrop

Post  Turkishheartdrop Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:16 pm

I love Knightsbridge which reminds me, I saw a numpty over the road call it knight's bridge! and she made out she knew it like the back of her hand and lived in London. lol!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 10:46 pm