Turkish Chatter

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Turkish Chatter

Discussion group for all women with Turkish men in their lives

4 posters

Wife Challenges Immigration Law

Guveclover
    Guveclover

Wife Challenges Immigration Law Empty Wife Challenges Immigration Law

Post  Guveclover Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:44 am

No, not a numpty EGOT but an Indian woman who wants her husband who can't read, write or read English to be allowed to come and join her in the UK:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/immigration/8663188/Immigration-ban-on-husband-who-cannot-speak-English-is-a-breach-of-human-rights-court-told.html

She claims it's a contravention of their human rights to be denied a family life together. Which begs the question, why has she not bothered to even travel to India and see her husband for the last six years, or to see any of the majority of her six children who are married and living there too? She sounds really keen on family life that one.

I wonder who is footing the bill for these ludicrous court proceedings? No prizes for guessing - the British taxpayer. A mere fraction of the exorbitant court costs would be far better spent packing this woman and her remaining children back off to India where they can enjoy all the family life they want.

Admin
    Admin

Wife Challenges Immigration Law Empty Re: Wife Challenges Immigration Law

Post  Admin Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:05 am

Hi Judith,

When I read the article I took it that she hadn't lived with her husband for 15 years! And she says she misses him?! She may not be a numpty, but she uses numpty terms : how can you miss something you've never had?

I don't understand why they've lived apart for all that time - if she loved him that much she wouldn't have been living over here for 15 years without him! I bet she hardly knows him if the truth be told - he just happens to be the father of her children - and for some unknown reason he now wants to jump on the gravy train before the last one departs. I think I'm right in believing that they're really tightening up on immigration, and I suspect the Chapati's have been more than happy with the status quo, and now there's going to be restrictions and less chance of him coming over here to take advantage of our free health care, benefits system and pension scheme, he's trying to jump in as quickly as he can. I wouldn't betting he was more than happy to remain in india while she sent regular amounts of money over to him, but now things are changing he realises he has to come over here too.

There has to be more to this than meets the eye. Why on earth didn't he come over with her 15 years ago? If Mr & Mrs Chapati are the devoted loved-up couple they make out they are - they wouldn't have lived apart for so long!

Strawbs
    Teenz
    Teenz

Post  Teenz Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:24 pm

It will be very interesting to see what happens and if it does that might mean the flood gates are open again, The children are very likely all over here and the lure of free national health and pensions in his old age are a big factor for this man now, even though he has been very happy living in India funded by money sent to him from the UK.

Bet he has done very well for himself so far and now due to the new regulations is getting worried as he previously thought he would instantly get a right to come here due to his family links when he wanted to come. Whats stopping her going home? thats her human right.

Judith im sure that case is funded by legal aid too. They should Not use legal aid in cases like this.
    Guveclover
    Guveclover

Post  Guveclover Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:55 am

Hi Strawbs

They've been married for 37 years so if she loved her husband that much why on earth would she have voluntarily decided to leave him 15 years ago to go and take up residence in anther country thousands of miles away, and to then not bother to visit him at all for the last 6 years?!!

Add to that the fact that most of her six children are married and live in India too - what the hell is the stupid woman still doing here!?

I smell a big, fat rat. There must have been some material reason why she came here in the first place, and why she wants to stay and now bring her husband here too.

It makes my blood boil that our money is being spent enabling this brazen woman to pursue this ridiculous case. Of course, she should be packed off straight back to India where she can spend all the time she wants with her husband and the vast majority of her family but of course she won't because she's a British citizen so no one can force her out. At the very least I hope the case is thrown out within the first five minutes and she decides to buggar off back there voluntarily.

This bonkers Human Rights Act has a lot to answer for. Numpties like this woman are using it for their own dubious ends and even numpty EGOTS are threatening the Immigration Authorities with it. Mad

ruby
    ruby

Post  ruby Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:00 pm

If this woman has left him in India for the last 15 years, why the hell does she want him over with her now.

Sounds like they are madly in love and cannot bear to be apart.

Or is it that he's getting old and needs to the services of the NHS? This makes my blood boil, never paid a penny into the system, been apart for 15 years, surely this will get turned down. Otherwise, whats the point of having an Immigration System?

It sounds like she is well rid of him.

Ruby

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 12:22 pm