Turkish Chatter

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Turkish Chatter

Discussion group for all women with Turkish men in their lives

Ignorant Medical Advisors

Admin
    Admin

Ignorant  Medical Advisors Empty Ignorant Medical Advisors

Post  Admin Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:24 pm

. .Medical Advisors Strike Again
    Author Comment
    guvecloverMedical Advisors Strike Again Lead [-]

Sunday, 03-13-11 20:42
    Tags : None
    After the dubious efficacy of the advice to slug back a couple of large bottles of caster oil to induce labour, and more recently to drink a couple of swimming pools worth of water to clear a UTI, we now have some more pearls of wisdom.....

Now we have someone advising a woman whose hair is dropping out through stress to get herself on the old mind altering anti depressants pronto to make her life more tolerable.

Luckily the stressed out woman has since revealed that she's been down that road before and has only just managed to wean herself off ADs so won't be taking that particular piece of advice.

As it goes, I think that the woman's mother has a very good point. All that woman needs to remove the stress from her life is to remove the Turkish/Kurdish waste of space from it. Having read her threads about him it seems he's been absolutely vile to her and has nothing whatsoever to offer her and her young daughter in any department.

I think that's the only piece of advice she needs...

Judith

Interact
    My Recent PostsMessage MeBlockingIgnore User's PostsReport Post Reply
    electradiva.turkishlove #1 [url] [-]

Sunday, 03-13-11 21:35
    Flippin' heck, this is getting scary.

Interact
    ruby #2 [url] [-]

Sunday, 03-13-11 22:03
    Just read the thread relating to the poster advising anti-anxiety meds. In my opinion her relationship is on course for a 'train crash', assuming of course that the relationship is genuine, but who in this day and age would put up with being treated the way she is? She is oblivious to Turkish culture and customs and I would not be a bit surprised that her parents as well as herself will be running to the doctors by the end of this summer asking for the highest strength anti-anxiety meds after Mr Perfect has duped her into believing even more of his fantasy stories. I cannot believe this woman is for real, she is surely a troll with mental health issues and extremely bored with her life.

Interact
    Adryath #3 [url] [-]

Tuesday, 03-15-11 11:59
    Well I'm not saying any more about all this medical advice over there, you will see what happened last time I said people should be careful when giving out 'advice'

Interact
    strawberryxxx #4 [url] [-]

Tuesday, 03-15-11 13:05
    Hi Judith,

You're absolutely right. It's incredible how some members (including the manager) have totally missed the point - it's staring everyone straight in their face! Do they set out to be deliberately unhelpful, or are they just totally stupid?

It's downright dangerous for unqualified people to suggest to a stranger they should try anti-depressants!

Besides that, you'd think it would occur to them that the most likely reason the woman is under huge stress - so much so her hair's falling out - is that she's desperately unhappy. And the reason for that is she's in a destructive relationship with a man who treats her like a piece of dirt. It could be that the reason she got involved with the scumbag in the first place, is that she was already suffering from low self esteem, and emotional problems. NO grounded woman who is emotionally fit would entertain a piece of scum like him.

It's very, very telling that her own mother has told her to get rid of him, and her mother must be beside herself with worry over the way this scumbag of a man has taken total control of her daughter's already fragile mind. Her mother wouldn't tell her to get shot of him if she thought he was decent and good for her.

The woman herself should ask herself why she feels so dreadful. As all of us know, when we first enter a relationship with someone who is lovely, warm and kind; and we start to fall in love with that person - we feel happy! We walk around on a bit of a high with all those endorphins rushing through our brains, and nothing in the world can take away that warm glow of happiness we have. We don't get bothered about things - we're simply too happy. Obviously, those giddy feelings of euphoria gradually fade with time - as do the butterflies - but a deeper love develops and we then find contentment.

This poor woman surely couldn't have been a gibbering wreck when she met this man: so what should THAT tell her?!

Besides that, she is a mother herself and has a young daughter to care for. She needs to be reminded that it's no fun for a young child to pick up her mother's feelings of despair and distress. HER problems will become her daughter's problems too, and she will be affected by it. It doesn't matter how hard you try to hide things from a child, they always know when something isn't right. They're very astute to atmospheres or changes in behaviour, and who knows what's going through that little child's mind?

Ruby, I don't think this woman is a troll - though I can understand your astonishment that she could be for real. In the past I've sometimes mistaken genuine people as being trolls - and to my amazement - have later discovered that everything they've said is true. If not for the Internet I wouldn't have known people like this can behave so foolishly.

Adryath, I think it was very bad form for certain members to react the way they did to your good and caring comments. You merely pointed out the hazards - and anyone would think they'd be grateful for your concerns! I just wonder what goes on in their heads!

Strawbs

Interact
    My Recent PostsMessage MeBlockingIgnore User's PostsReport Post

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 8:34 am