Turkish Chatter

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Turkish Chatter

Discussion group for all women with Turkish men in their lives

+3
Teenz
Maria
Admin
7 posters

Members Who Vanish

Admin
    Admin

Members Who Vanish Empty Members Who Vanish

Post  Admin Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:45 am

I still haven't got round to contacting some of my members from the old Chatters, and I don't think I can contact many of them, anyway, as I didn't take down their e-mails. Oh well, maybe they'll find us.

But it got me thinking - when you read on other Turkish forums all the latest updates about their romances etc, and then they suddenly disappear into thin air - I wonder why that is? I know people aren't duty bound to say they're no longer going to be around, but when high profile members suddenly VANISH it always strikes me as odd. I know we have a lot of lurkers on here, and I suppose I'm an occasional lurker on other sites. But being nosey I do wonder why they suddenly just stop posting! It's none of my business, of course, but as this is the World Wide Web (public sites and all that) people must realise that lurkers come on to have a nose. And when I've got a moment I have a nose too!

On another site there was an American woman (Erkansgirl?) well, she wasn't a girl - she was a middle-aged woman. Anyway, she had a weedy little toyboy with a pudding basin haircut (could have been her grandson - he looked about 16 and she was about 50-ish?) SHE suddenly vanished! And what happened to NuttyAcorn - the psychiatrist?!

rendeer

Oh, and then there was that other Yank - the one who posted a picture of herself apeing a Gurra Fish (those ones that nibble and suck your feet...) she was sucking some unknown man's cheek - what was her name now? Anyway, she made out she'd been to Istanbul (fat lie) and soon after she disappeared too!

Of course, not all of them are Nutty Yanks. Loads of Nutty Brits too! And LOTS of naive, dull, boring members who no-one notices has vanished. There was a policewoman called Jane on the army board - she'd been waiting for her askim for about 18 months - I think she'd only known him a week or so before he went into the army - and she got very down when he never contacted her. She seems to have vanished too! I wonder where SHE'S gone?

Everyone seems to vanish! Or is it that their men have vanished?!

Strawbs
    Maria
    Maria

Members Who Vanish Empty Re: Members Who Vanish

Post  Maria Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:13 am

They all live happily ever after and go off into the sunset...................................... clown lol

Maria
    Teenz
    Teenz

Post  Teenz Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:13 am

Erkansgirl

Her picture on her profile was very attractive, like a exotic belly dancer, and after her arrival in turkey i was glued to her tales of meeting her fella and his family, but the photo of them sitting on the couch gave me a bit of a shock Laughing
    all the posts seemed to dry up after that photo was put up, wonder why Rolling Eyes

And she also had the cheek to call her fellas mum Anne too,

Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:11 pm

Hi Teenz,

Yes, I remember her avatar - she looked like a young, slim, slinky sexpot - except it wasn't her! rabbit

SHE was actually a very rounded, overweight middle-aged woman with long, frizzy ginger hair and a great big fat neck. Oh, and she was so deluded, that when a Turk in the market asked her if she was German, she assumed he must have thought that because - in her words - "I have big boobies!" lol No, she didn't have 'big boobies' - she was FAT. Actually, her breasts were SMALL in comparison to her body - cos when she said that I had another look at her picture! Pervey me, eh! And why on earth does she think all German women have large breasts?!

Suspect

Her askim (another online visa-fisher) was comical-looking! He was the sort of boy who if you were about 15 and at a school disco, and he came up to you and asked you to dance, you'd start giggling at him with your friends and make out your leg hurt! In fact, he was one of those who you'd tease about to your friends, and tell them they secretly fancied him - just to make them feel queasy and go "UGH!" He was like a kid! A nerdy, unattractive one too! How on EARTH did she take him seriously?!

Shocked

Oh, I forgot. She was nuts.

Strawbs
    Teenz
    Teenz

Post  Teenz Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:27 am

Hi Strawbs

I dont recall her breasts Laughing but i do remember She had his poor old mum running after her as she lay on the sofa due to the heat and being rubbed down with iced water to stop the swelling as her body started bloating up more, wonder what they really thought about her. Not really your ideal Daughter in law material or maybe it is! Twisted Evil

And all the time she still managed to post up a running commentary on TL so she must have been having a really good time.

I think it was her that met him on the game simple life too.
    Glitzy
    Glitzy

Post  Glitzy Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:36 pm

Total weirdo that one. I believe she popped up again recently.
    Guveclover
    Guveclover

Post  Guveclover Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:25 am

What about that other American woman from years ago? I can't remember her sign in name but she was incredibly verbose and like she'd swallowed a dictionary and used to post great big long diatribes. She used to get really agressive too. She used to come across all assertive but went all meek and mild where her askim was concerned. She was always posting at one time and then just vanished. Can anyone else remember her?
    Teenz
    Teenz

Post  Teenz Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:08 pm

Yep i remmember her too, i thought JW was her back again as they were very similar, she used to go on about religion all the time too, and freud! wonder if it was her just with another Turk, JW had this Tukish obsession well before this one came along.

Post  Guest Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:02 am

Hi Judith

I dont recall this woman you are talking about, any other clues as usually I do have a good memory, but cannot think who this Yank might be, did wonder if it was headscarf, but she has resurfaced and sounds like her marriage is on very dodgy ground (the one who has constantly complained about having her MIL staying with her). I also wonder what has happened to the resident psychiatrist, I think she could not handle the amount of referrals she was receiving from TL Surprised

There are loads of women who vanish once 'hubby' has received his settlement visa, then hubby quickly vanishes once his ILR is in his sticky mits Shocked Yet still the same manager encourages these gullible women to continue with these farces knowing that nine out of ten will end in disaster for the woman.

Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:25 pm

Oh I remember her! My God - I used to have to check Ertie hadn't slipped LSD into my coffee when I read her posts! She was crazy! She was like watching a mad opera that's lost its plot. She was insane - and vicious!

She certainly wasn't JW, I can tell you that now. Despite her being insane and manic she was actually very intelligent, which made her even more dangerous. She possibly sniffed a few lines of cocaine before posting her rambles - she could go on and on and on - but she was actually a very good writer. Her madness destroyed it, though. JW couldn't hold a candle to that mad Yank - she would have chewed JW up and spat her out in just one post. JW likes to think she's going to write a book (and have move rights lol) but she's just a nutty bore - whereas that Yank had brilliant writing skills. It was just a shame she was a total lunatic, and very vicious. She must have been suffering from a mental disorder of some sort - she wasn't just a psycho.

I remember she was slightly overweight and put a picture up where she looked like a real scrubber - short, tight dress, chunky thighs with stockings - very strange picture, actually. And another sign she was mentally disturbed was the way in which she would occasionally talk about sex. She said she once had a dirty old man at work play with her boobs in a broom cupboard - and she really enjoyed it. Ugh! She also described the trollops who go to Marmaris for sex as 'laying on their fat asses and opening their legs up wide apart, and squealing like pigs while men fucked them'! What a Face She really got carried away envisaging it all.....

Her viza-hubby seemed to have some very strange power over her - so she was obviously open to suggestion and had something missing in her brain. She claimed to love him - and that was before they'd met. Oh, she had a daughter, too, I seem to remember. I know he went to live with her after he got the greencard, and she said they would return to Turkey to live when they were older 'so he could die in his beloved mountains'. Funny he didn't want to LIVE in them isn't it?!

Despite her being crazy, manic and aggressive - she wanted to be viza-hubby's slave-woman. When he finally went to live with her he used to order her to make him tea, and I remember her saying he'd slap her 'ass' really hard if she didn't jump immediately, which caused her to quickly scurry off to the kitchen and prepare it for him. God - she was BARKING! I reckon she's now on America's Missing List.......

Strawbs
    Evkadini
    Evkadini

Post  Evkadini Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:53 pm

Hi all - Gosh I am amazed by everyone's memories on here. My memory is shot-at these days. How do you remember such things about people you haven't met, or is it that their stories are so far-fetched that they stick in your minds? I certainly would not be able to recount in such detail as I presume that these memories are years old?

Hats off to you!

Sally

Maria
    Maria

Post  Maria Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:56 am

Its the men who do the vanishing trick normally Arrow

Maria
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:50 am

Evkadini wrote:Hi all - Gosh I am amazed by everyone's memories on here. My memory is shot-at these days. How do you remember such things about people you haven't met, or is it that their stories are so far-fetched that they stick in your minds? I certainly would not be able to recount in such detail as I presume that these memories are years old?

Hats off to you!

Sally

Hi Evkadini,

I've always had an excellent memory - I'm no goldfish, me! Of course, I don't remember every single solitary thing (my brain would be overloaded if it did!) but I'm very observant and have a good memory. It's interesting you mentioning people's memories; I think one of the reasons certain members become frustrated with me is that I remember details they've long forgotten they made up!

I don't really know why I'm so observant and have a good memory, but when I was at school I had to remember so much detail on occasion that I think I trained my brain to remember!

Razz

I was also trained to observe and remember crucial details when participating in certain activites, and I do believe the training keeps your brain sharp - and I'm just naturally observant. I notice things very quickly, and often have a photographic memory - although certain circumstances can interfere with my recall. But it usually comes back to me eventually. So you could call me Elephant Brain - and I would be flattered at that - and I'd remember it, too! tongue

As for the Mad Yankee (whose name escapes me! Duh!) few people could forget her! She was absolutely barking and definitely left her mad mark! I'm surprised you DON'T remember her!

Strawberry
    Turkishheartdrop
    Turkishheartdrop

Post  Turkishheartdrop Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:23 am

I was also trained to observe and remember crucial details when participating in certain activites,

Spy? Suspect
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:09 am

Ooooh, I'd love to be a spy! Cool

But nope - I wasn't a spy. I wasn't shaken and stirred, either.......unlike that grotesque angry jelly brigade! pig

Strawbs
    Maria
    Maria

Post  Maria Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:52 pm

You could never be a spy Strawbs. A spy has to be a vanilla and you are no vanilla! I love you

Maria
    Guveclover
    Guveclover

Post  Guveclover Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:24 am

I agree - when people are that barking mad surely you'd be hard pressed to forget them!

There always seems to be the suggestion that if you can remember things about people who have come and gone on these sites that you somehow don't have a life. I don't see it as any different than remembering characters from soap operas who have long since been written out - and I can remember loads of them.

It always strikes me as funny how the people who make such suggestions seem to live their lives on their computers. If they're not meeting boyfriends on them and conducting "LDRs" on them, they're firing off endless yawn-inducing posts on several different sites or sitting in chatrooms on them.

They just can't see the irony.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 1:34 am