Turkish Chatter

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Turkish Chatter

Discussion group for all women with Turkish men in their lives

+4
SozzledSally
Admin
Turkishheartdrop
hayleyvemehmet
8 posters

chicken korma

hayleyvemehmet
    hayleyvemehmet

chicken korma Empty chicken korma

Post  hayleyvemehmet Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:51 pm

yummy just had it for my dinner Smile very random i know but bloody hell where the foxtrot is everyone? i wanted something hot to warm me up because its cold where i am but sunny :/ dont like it and i want my hot sun back.I have some sad green tomatoes in the garden that wont finish now i suspect and its such a waste.Hubby been off this week so we have been going out and about and just enjoying some private time.what else has everyone been upto then? anyone else love indian food too by the way ? Smile
    Turkishheartdrop
    Turkishheartdrop

chicken korma Empty Re: chicken korma

Post  Turkishheartdrop Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:49 pm

I wanna know the same Hayley.....there was a flurry last week then they all vanished again.....I dont mind tryin to keep it going but I dont like yaking to meself...........LOL......curry yeh....love it...korma...tikka...madras...cant beat a good curry with a pint of indian beer.........did you make it yourself?....
    hayleyvemehmet
    hayleyvemehmet

Post  hayleyvemehmet Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:24 am

yup i made it myself :/ i opened the sharwoods jar and poured it over the chicken chunks i defrosted from a bag and gave a little stir,then cooked the rice Smile im sooo lazy i just couldnt and wouldnt make it myself because i know it would be nothing like the stuff i buy.in the past my mum and i did make our own and it was ok but with little man needing a lot of attention i need the quickest way round it. are you a good girl and make your own then thd ?
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:47 pm

Hi Hayley,

I adore curry!

I don't eat it that often, probably once every few months, but when I do I soooooo enjoy it! I'm a bit of a bore in as much as I stick to the same old things when I order, but I don't care about that! tongue

I always order too much (I'm sure everyone does that!) whether at home for a delivery or in a restaurant.

I usually order Chicken Tikka to start, with Onion Bhaji and Prawn Bhaji

For main couse I have either Chicken Tikka Masala, Butter Chicken or Chicken Korma, Pilau rice and Mushroom Bhaji. I have a couple of nann bead, chapati and poppadums (I'm sure I've spelt these wrong!)

I also have Raita, Lime Pickle and Mango Pickle......I like to have a selection....which is why I order too much! Ertie always, always orders a hot curry (he once ordered a Vindaloo What a Face ) but even he thought it was too hot. So we tend to compromise and I'll have a Korma or Masala and he'll have a Madras which we share. We always have loads left over, and that gets eaten the next day (not for breakfast, though!)

And although I'm a wine drinker I don't think you can beat a cold Indian Beer to wash it all down with Smile

Ooooooh,I'm putting myself in the mood for an Indian tonight tongue

I also love South Indian food and there's a restauant not far from where I live that Ertie and I keep meaning to go to - so could be tonight!

When I lived in Balham just 15 minutes drive away was Tooting, and they had every kind of Indian cuisine you could imagine: South Indian, Goan, Pakistani, North Indian, Bangledashi, Nepalese, Sri Lankan, Keralan...every region you can think of. And they were fantastic.

Nepalese is absolutely fantastic - I don't know if you've tried it - but it's amazing.

And although I love North Indian I do think South Indian is gorgeous. They do these lovely long crispy pancake things filled with spicy potatoes (it's aboot a foot long and 6 inches round) it is fantastic!! They also do the most exquisite curries and amazing dips - really unusual ones you don't see in other restaurants. It is vegetarian, but strangely enough you don't miss the meat! Although the one I used to go to did do chicken for nasty carnivores like me!! Laughing

I was going to make a homemade curry from scratch, once - I went to an Asian shop and bought every spice/ingredient I needed. I think I spent about £50 or something! And that was about 10 years ago! That was including all the meat, ghee, rice, veg etc....I did buy rather a lot! Rolling Eyes Anyway, I kind of lost enthusiasm when I got home, and I ended up not making it. Such a waste!

But I have made curry with readymade paste, butter etc...I remember adding lemon and sultanas with yogurt on top, and it was very tasty! It didn't taste like the usual curries we have, but it was very good!

Have you seen that recipe book on how to make shop style curries? It also shows you how to make KFC, McDonalds, Doner Kebabs, Chinese, Fish & Chip Shop fish and chips...it's really good! All junk food, of course, but it doesn't hurt once in a while! Smile

I'll try and find the link for it......

Stawbs

Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:51 pm

Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:53 pm

Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:54 pm

Oh, one more Indian take away book - and this one has the best reviews of them all for Indian!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Curry-Secret-Indian-Restaurant/dp/0716021919/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1349765496&sr=8-1
    Turkishheartdrop
    Turkishheartdrop

Post  Turkishheartdrop Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:11 pm

yous and me all got the same taste......korma is my fave tho and I like stuffed sweet naan bread......yum e e
    Turkishheartdrop
    Turkishheartdrop

Post  Turkishheartdrop Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:16 pm

hayleyvemehmet wrote:yup i made it myself :/ i opened the sharwoods jar and poured it over the chicken chunks i defrosted from a bag and gave a little stir,then cooked the rice Smile im sooo lazy i just couldnt and wouldnt make it myself because i know it would be nothing like the stuff i buy.in the past my mum and i did make our own and it was ok but with little man needing a lot of attention i need the quickest way round it. are you a good girl and make your own then thd ?

Nah I dont make mine Hayley.....local takeway does it for me and no washing up of saucepans or curry house smell for a week.....I get them as well from the chilled cab when I go shopping...not bad but need 2 to fill me up so not good value like the takeouts are.......I like curry in the summer on a hot night after the pub and I like the places with the red velvet wallpaper and indian music....not mad for the new type places.....
    hayleyvemehmet
    hayleyvemehmet

Post  hayleyvemehmet Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:21 pm

ooo i really cannot remember the last time i got one delivered or even went to a restaurant :/ i do like asda takeaway counter the korma is so nice and im not one for the hot ones so i stick with the same thing thanks Smile i commend anyone that can do it all from scratch and like you say strawbs when you get everything its expensive.ill just stick to my jars ta lol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:36 pm

Hi Hayley,

The readymade supermarket ones are usually very good, but when I ever do buy them I never buy the chilled rice - it's always hard for some reason. Cooking basmati is such a doddle (and it's so much nicer) so I always cook that if I have a supermarket Indian.

I must admit, though, I do like going to an Indian restaurant sometimes, or having it delivered. Some of the things they do you can't always find in the supermarket, and as you say - there's no way I'd cook all those from scratch at home! Exclamation

Do you have any local take-aways near where you live? Or do you not fancy them? I know some people prefer to buy Indian from a supermaket, as they believe the hygiene is stricter, which is probably true in some cases! What a Face

Strawbs
    SozzledSally
    SozzledSally

Post  SozzledSally Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:50 am

I use to have curry every week but got bad reaction one night and have never been brave enough to eat it since, I do miss them a lot as well Sad I just cant bear to have that feeling again I was so ill I thought my number was up! Shocked I never had problems with them for years then suddenly I got ill soon as I ate one.

Sal x
    Maria
    Maria

Post  Maria Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:41 pm

hayleyvemehmet wrote:yummy just had it for my dinner Smile very random i know but bloody hell where the foxtrot is everyone? i wanted something hot to warm me up because its cold where i am but sunny :/ dont like it and i want my hot sun back.I have some sad green tomatoes in the garden that wont finish now i suspect and its such a waste.Hubby been off this week so we have been going out and about and just enjoying some private time.what else has everyone been upto then? anyone else love indian food too by the way ? Smile

I think its the catch 22 thing. Nobody will post till somebody else does hehehehe

Come on girls get posting!!! cheers

Hayley I love a good curry, dont know anybody who doesnt!

Maria x
    tommisina
    tommisina

Post  tommisina Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:45 am

I love curry but I have a very big soft spot for curry gravy on my chips and tatties!! I put curry gravy on all my meals even on my roast dinners!!
    Adryath
    Adryath

Post  Adryath Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:54 pm

Chicken Korma - yum! evreyone loves my homemade chicken korma at home, I have to make it once a eek or they get withdrawal symptoms Laughing
    ruby
    ruby

Post  ruby Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:56 am

I love curry but would never put it on me titties Shocked

Actually, my daughter loves Chicken Korma so will make her one next week as a treat whilst she's recovering from her operation.

Its lovely to see so many people posting, keep it up ladies, I've missed you all cheers

Rubes
    Maria
    Maria

Post  Maria Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:45 pm

Who said they put curry on thier tits Rubes?????????????? Razz Razz Razz

Maria x
    hayleyvemehmet
    hayleyvemehmet

Post  hayleyvemehmet Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:58 am

Maria it was tommisina who said that Smile i suppose if you drop it down your clevage its a shame to waste it if it tastes that good lol x
    Turkishheartdrop
    Turkishheartdrop

Post  Turkishheartdrop Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:27 pm

trouble with curry is it tastes good but dont half pong.....specialy the next day....eeew.....turn me right off a fella if he smelt of curry.........
    Turkishheartdrop
    Turkishheartdrop

Post  Turkishheartdrop Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:30 pm

reminds me......there was an old biddy on the old sites.gamze I think her name was......a northern lass.........she was one of the turkey obsessives but made out she hated them all......she had all nations.....local tafe away man from the indian curry shop...as her daughter did as well....nowt wrong in variety...spice of life innit...LOL..but she took anything goin......wander what happened to her...........
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:44 pm

Hi THD

I think you're talking about Gamze. I remember her, too. She had a drink problem and used to have sudden outbursts. When she was sober she was OK, but even then there was something very odd about her. She was strange, and I think she had big jealousy issues. She flew into a rage over one member who lives in Turkey and happens to own a house with a swimming pool - which is nothing over there - she got really outraged about it.

Strange!

Strawbs
    Turkishheartdrop
    Turkishheartdrop

Post  Turkishheartdrop Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:11 pm

who was that in turkey she got annoyed with?.........

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:48 pm