Turkish Chatter

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Turkish Chatter

Discussion group for all women with Turkish men in their lives

5 posters

Changes to Settlement Visas

ruby
    ruby

Changes to Settlement Visas Empty Changes to Settlement Visas

Post  ruby Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:56 pm

In order to get askim a Settlement Visa now, you have to prove that you are earning a minimum of £18,500 per annum and have been in the job for at least six months, provide a P.60, contract of employment, bank statement confirming salary is paid into the account, salary slips.

If you dont meet this criteria, you must be able to show that you have at least £16,000 in your bank account and it must have been deposited at least 6 months prior to application.

These new rules came into force 9 July, so it will certainly sort out the visa geeza's from the genuine applicants. No wonder Turds are casting their nets further afield than the UK. cyclops

Ruby
    Turkishheartdrop
    Turkishheartdrop

Changes to Settlement Visas Empty Re: Changes to Settlement Visas

Post  Turkishheartdrop Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:17 pm

in one word......good.........LOL.....
    hayleyvemehmet
    hayleyvemehmet

Post  hayleyvemehmet Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:59 am

oooo thats gonna make it so hard for some people :/ im just glad i dont have to worry about visas anymore.The only thing i will say is that generally on the whole turkish/kurdish men are hard working and would probably give more to the country than say the eu immigrants that have come here and just blantantly taken advantage of our benefits etc.especially the ones who are claiming and begging on the streets,they send the money home and have splendid places to retire to at a later date.We have a lot of people who work here and just send the money home without putting back into our economy ( pubs,clubs,theatre etc etc ) i could go on and on but im sure im not alone with this thought x
    Guveclover
    Guveclover

Post  Guveclover Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:17 am

Oh dear - that will certainly set the cat amongst the pidgeons and I'm sure it will give rise to much wailing and gnashing of teeth about how dreadfully unfair life is and how evil everyone is at the British Consulate. After all, you can't help who you fall in love with, can you? Rolling Eyes

Hayley, you are entitled to your opinion but I do not agree with you.

You may think that Turkish/Kurdish people are on the whole hardworking and maybe they are but, in my personal experience, eastern Europen EU immigrants are too. Like Turkish/Kurdish immigrants, they know that if they're prepared to put the hours and work in, they can earn a lot more here than they can in their own countries. And for most, that's the only attraction in coming here.

Many, many Turkish/Kurdish immigrants in the UK work in the black economy and so do not contribute through tax and NI. They send vast amounts of money back home to Turkey too. Mr Guveclover knows many who do this and could tell you lots of stories about the schenanegans of such people and how they contrive to get here and milk as much as they can out of the British economy and contribute as little as they can to it.

Turkish men who have come here on their own at first, via people traffickers they've paid, and claimed to be Kurdish simply to make a bogus asylum claim. When their asylum claims have been granted, little by little they've brought their wives and children over too. They've been allocated council houses and the men have gone on to set up extremely lucrative takeaway businesses, in which they put only a fraction of their turnover through the till to avoid paying their dues. Staff are all paid cash in hand, of course. Then they've bought their council houses in north London for peanuts and rented them out for vast sums, have moved to other areas of the country and then put themselves on the council list all over again.

One man he knows owns a well established takeaway and is a silent partner in a few others. This man's wiley ducking and diving over the years has afforded him several blocks of flats and shops in his home town in Turkey. All of which he rents out for a tidy sum. He has four daughters, who have been brought up here and have British passports. They're of marriageable age now and he's making sure that each one marries a kinsman from his home town and each new son in law in turn gets brought over here to be installed somewhere in his kebab empire - naturally, all paid cash in hand. They'll learn the ropes and all the scams under his tutelage and then they'll eventually branch out on their own, and so the cycle will continue.

Many Turks/Kurds who come to settle here legally also jump straight into lives with women who claim benefits so they too benefit from them in a roundabout way, although they may not claim in their own names. Those men will not have paid anything into the system, although they might go on to.

If EU immigrants who settle and work in this country are legally entitled to claim benefits and do so, are they doing anything wrong - really? My position is that we should not blame them but instead blame the system that allows them to do it. As I understand it, Britain is the only European country that allows such things to happen.

This country is a soft touch in so many ways and, to be fair, immigrants of all creeds see it as such and take advantage of it.

Tar them all with the same brush if you like but please, don't put Turks/Kurds up on a pedestal above all the rest.

hayleyvemehmet
    hayleyvemehmet

Post  hayleyvemehmet Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:35 pm

Certainly not putting them on a pedestal judith by any means,in my experience down this neck of the woods they have come out better than others,but they are certainly not the best.everyone tries to rob the system our own included,but in this part the turks more back into the economy than the other immigrants here.You say about the eu immigrants claiming benefits legally but there are a lot of that group that still go out and beg and work the system too.im not getting into big debates over this because as you say we all have opinions,mine being based on what i see where i am.this country is a soft touch and its only going to get worse.the sooner we are out of the eu the better.
    Maria
    Maria

Post  Maria Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:17 pm

What I do know is this country is a soft touch for foreigners to milk the system and nearly all the immigrants come from poor countries so are usually money mad and grasping. Wink they dont like it here and dont like the brits they just like all our benefits, they dont like us and they dont mix with brits, they use this country

Maria x
    Guveclover
    Guveclover

Post  Guveclover Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:22 am

I hope Mr Guveclover likes me Maria lol!
    Guveclover
    Guveclover

Post  Guveclover Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:31 am

Immigrant communities are funny things - they are usually all very distrustful and disparaging of each other, and have been throughout history.

I think that nowadays a lot of non EU immigrant groups are quite simply jealous of the EU immigrants who have freedom to move across borders within the EU and work without the hassle of obtaining prohibitively expensive visas/works permits etc. As a result they don't need to place themselves in danger with making precarious journeys hidden in the backs of lorries for days on end/paying greedy people traffickers/making bogus asylum claims/shelling out money for visas/taking language tests etc. On top of that, it seems that EU immigrants are entitled to benefits here too. So all in all, that leads to the green-eyed monster rearing its ugly head.

ruby
    ruby

Post  ruby Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:02 pm

Forgot to mention that the minimum salary the Government has quoted is just for the sponsor, if the sponsor has children then there is a sliding scale rising for each child. So no more little part time cleaning jobs to show willing that they have come off means tested benefits in order to get askim over here anymore Shocked

With regards to EU immigrants, I get angry that they can come over to the UK, claim public funds and apply for social housing without having put a single penny into the pot. That is wrong and makes a mockery out of the British taxpayer. For those immigrants that work, and to further add insult to injury, they then send the majority of their income back to their country of origin instead of spending it in the UK to boost our ailing economy.

The UK should look at the system in Turkey, work permits for non Turks are almost impossible to obtain and jobs are mostly strictly given to their own.

Ruby

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:42 am