Turkish Chatter

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Turkish Chatter

Discussion group for all women with Turkish men in their lives

+5
hayleyvemehmet
hyatum
Richard
Maria
ruby
9 posters

Plans for Easter

ruby
    ruby

Plans for Easter Empty Plans for Easter

Post  ruby Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:57 am

Ladies and Gents

What plans do you have for Easter? I'm having all my family over and cooking a huge Christmas Dinner, yes I know its Easter but I already have a bootiful Turkey crown and a spare Heston's Whole Orange Christmas Pud with a sell by of April 2012, so what better excuse than to have a big family gathering and eat, drink and be merry drunken Which reminds me of Turkey With All The Trimmings (TWATS) run by that awful OAP Mandy Shocked TWATS is such an appropriate name for that bunch of twats lol!

Plans for Easter 1704113

My humble apologies ma'am lol!

Of course, on Easter Sunday morning I must make my pilgrimage to see my gorgeous vicar (sorry Wills but until we are an official item, the vicar's still number one Laughing )

What plans does everyone else have?

Ruby
    Maria
    Maria

Plans for Easter Empty Re: Plans for Easter

Post  Maria Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:53 am

Yours sounds good Rubes, my mates having a christmas din at easter, its all the ragethis year. I am so missing out lately!grrrrrrrrrr I will be making up for it with the most creamy chocolate goooey easter egg I can find!!!! bounce I love easter egg choc,it tastes different to normal choccy geek

Maria x
    Richard
    Richard

Post  Richard Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:21 pm

I've ben invited up to stay with my parents for Easter but I'm concerned about the possible petrol strike, hate being stuck somewhere however nice it is.........I might try and arrange some meets down my end. Hey, maybe some of you guys are in my neck of the woods for Easter? We could meet up in a pub for a drink, I don't bite haha!

If anyone's up for a meet let me know.

If not I hope you have a super Easter.

Richard

hyatum
    hyatum

Post  hyatum Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:23 am

I'm going to Cape Town with all my family! We also have a huge celebration at Easter! Normally lots of crayfish that the boys catch and we barbeque them (braai is the word here) and lots of lovely chilled Cape white wines. We are staying in a lovely house right on the beach, but the waters in the Cape are so chilly and there is enough kelp to make a whales wedding dress.

I would love to invite you Richard, we could go and do some photography together... study you could bring your point and shoot....you don't have to be embarrassed...and I will take my 7D . There is a large penguin rookery nearby and also about half an hour away a great oppportunity to get good pics of whales. It's a bit late in the year for Southern Rights and Humpbacks, but we would probably see Bryde's whales and the endemic Heavisides dolphin, Bottlenose dolphin and Common dolphins. But seeing as you are very reluctant to answer any of my questions on photography I will leave you to your boring meets in your neck of the woods lol! and perhaps you can catch some nice shots of hedgehogs, shrews and hares! affraid Im just jokingn around with you Richard. lol!

Nicks
    hayleyvemehmet
    hayleyvemehmet

Post  hayleyvemehmet Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:35 am

Well im pretty much along the same as ruby in that we will have another christmas dinner.Not as much but similar,and of course a stupid egg hunt lol for my mum.We always leave written cryptic messages and each time she gets to where she thinks the egg is she gets another note Smile its something we have done for years and i guess it wont hurt to carry on.She does get the egg in the end so its all good xx
    ruby
    ruby

Post  ruby Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:49 am

hayleyvemehmet wrote:Well im pretty much along the same as ruby in that we will have another christmas dinner.Not as much but similar,and of course a stupid egg hunt lol for my mum.We always leave written cryptic messages and each time she gets to where she thinks the egg is she gets another note Smile its something we have done for years and i guess it wont hurt to carry on.She does get the egg in the end so its all good xx

Ha ha Hayley, do you have an egg hunt every year. I have to laugh as ex Mr Ruby (knew I'd get that in somewhere Laughing ) his commercial vehicle was spotted the other day and the back doors had been egged. Now there have been all sorts of jokes going on in the family such as:

he was just leaving the Shell garage (he was lol! ), is anyone eggsagerating, I shall not get involved, there's been a bit of a mix up, has anyone cracked the theory, he must have got into a scramble, oh and its gone on and on. Anyone care to add on, please feel free. I would love to shake to hand of whoever egged that oxygen thief lol!

Rubes
    hyatum
    hyatum

Post  hyatum Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:37 pm

Rubes as long as hes fegged off for good, thank fegging the Lord, you won't have to ever have to eggage with him in conversation eggen! I hope his eggs roast in feggin hegg hell!

xxNicks
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:00 pm

Oooh, I've only just seen this thread Exclamation

Ruby, maybe someone got beaten up by your ex-husband and they boiled over when they saw him? tongue

This Easter we'll be seeing my daughter etc plus some more of my family - we've just got to arrange the actual time and place. We'll probably do it at mine as I'm halfway between where my daughter lives and where my other relatives live. Makes sense. Hope the weather holds - it's still beautiful here - all clear blue skies and sunshine. Garden's coming on a treat - at last!

If I do dinner Easter Sunday (which looks like I will be) I shan't be doing a Christmas dinner - I know lots of people do have one at Easter, but I always feel a bit odd in the head eating Christmas dinner any other time of the year except Christmas. Maybe I'm just nuts?!

I think I am, actually, cos there's other certain foods I can't eat at certain times of the day. Suspect For example, I feel peculiar if I eat fish and chips at lunchtime. I could eat them at the seaside at lunchtime - at a push - but I can only really eat them in the evening. Same with Indian or Chinese - I can only eat those in the evening.

Anyway, back to Easter - as it looks like I'll be doing the dinner, if the weather holds up I'll do my special barbecued poussin which I marinate overnight in honey, orange and herbs etc - so we'll all have one of those each. Very Eastery! rabbit I'll put the recipe up for that later - it doesn't sound that fantastic - but believe me it's delicious! Whenever I do that I always serve it with roasted Mediterranean vegetables, homemade potato salad and hot crusty bread.

For pudding I'll make a huge strawberry pavlova and for chocolate I'll make a Rumamisu - that's a new recipe I've devised! drunken It's very similar to Tiramisu except there's no coffee in it. It's all cocoa and chocolate sauce with Mascarpone and egg whites, and the ladyfingers are soaked in Spiced Golden Rum. It looks like Tiramisu, but tastes more chocolatey and has a lovely rum and vanilla taste. It's MY recipe - so no-one can disagree with me on how it should be made! Very Happy

We'll have to do an Easter Egg hunt, too - I love those, Hayley!

I also wrap those tiny chocolate eggs in coloured paper and hang them from trees - children LOVE looking up searching for those bounce

I actually adore Easter Eggs, the really good quality ones taste sooo good! The chocolate seems different to normal, and I love that snap sound as you break the shell.....the best one I received was a huge one (one side was Belgian milk chocolate and the other side was dark chocolate) it came in a beautiful yellow box, tied with a huge yellow ribbon, and had two drawers at the bottom of the box which had little golden tassles, and as you pulled the drawers open it was filled with a selection of handmade creamy Champagne truffles and Cognac truffles.... drunken It was soooo lush, and lasted me some time, too!

But I think the best part of Easter is just being together as a family and watching your children/grandchildrens' faces as they open their Easter eggs and run around all excited doing 'the hunt'!

Oh, we also wear our 'Sunday best' on Easter, and sometimes go to church, too. Even in recent years you'll still see some people wearing Easter bonnets - which I think is rather nice, actually! I'm quite a traditionalist I suppose..........

Nicks, your Easter sounds fabulous! It sounds like that part of Africa pretty much has it all! It would certainly suit me......

Anyway, hope everyone has a REALLY LOVE HAPPY EASTER!! sunny

Strawbs
    Philllipa
    Philllipa

Post  Philllipa Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:07 pm

Happy easter girls and guys flower Im off for 2 weeks so have more time now to join in again, sorry I vanished in a puff of smoke, nothing personal just bogged down with work and issues Sad
    Spending me easter having relaxation all the way clown

Pipxoxo
    hayleyvemehmet
    hayleyvemehmet

Post  hayleyvemehmet Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:38 am

Hi strawbs im glad its not just me thats does a egg hunt Smile i too agree the sound of that egg cracking is lovely.im a cheapie when it comes to eggs as i think cadburys is one of the nicest,daughter likes rowntrees and the other boys like mars soooo good range there Smile mother loves creme eggs so we have to have them too.easter is not easter without hot cross buns toasted with butter and a cuppa! Hubby was actually surprised when we explained why easter eggs are that shape and the reference to Jesus.We explained the eggs represent the rock that was put in front of his cave,and the rest of the story too.Dont get me wrong i am no expert and sadly i admit im not religious,but i still respect that other people are and its important to know what the real reason of easter is,not just the eggs Smile xx
    ruby
    ruby

Post  ruby Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:40 am

Philllipa wrote:Happy easter girls and guys flower Im off for 2 weeks so have more time now to join in again, sorry I vanished in a puff of smoke, nothing personal just bogged down with work and issues Sad
    Spending me easter having relaxation all the way clown

Pipxoxo

Hiya Pip

Look forward to reading your posts over the next two weeks especially if you have been on the cooking sherry lol!

Have a brilliant Easter

Ruby
    Turkishheartdrop
    Turkishheartdrop

Post  Turkishheartdrop Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:06 pm

Happy easter girls...........lovely lazy day today with fry up for brekky and a good strong cuppa......bit parky tho..........
    hyatum
    hyatum

Post  hyatum Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:07 pm

Happy Easter everybody! Hope you all have an awesome time with you family and friends.

Strawbs, Your Rumamisu sounds sooo decadent, I think I shall give it a try! and don't forget to post up your poussin recipe....I love trying new recipes!

Our entrepid crayfishermen went paddleskiing this morning and managed to get 9 crayfish! So at least our Easter dinner has been caught! But the wind is now howling and as we are right on the beach it is now become quite chilly.....So we have made a big fire and are huddle up trying to keep ourselves warm, and it's not even winter yet.

We also hide chocolate eggs for all the little ones, I just hope the wind doesn't blow them onto the beach and the penguins munch them.

Nicks.
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:08 pm

Happy Easter Everyone!!! sunny

Well, there's been a shift of plans with us (nothing unusual in that!) and we're now going to my daughter's instead. But Monsieur Strawberry won't be able to come, as he's come down with a flu type thing that's going around, so I've ben dosing him up with Beecham's Flu medicine and hot lemon and honey. His temperature is really up, so the best place for him is bed - and we don't want everyone else catching it, either. I just hope I don't come down with it - I've only recently just got over a really nasty cold............

Anyway, I'll leave him with plenty of drinks etc (and his beloved Vick!) - I'm sure he'll survive Wink

The weather's not nice today, either, so even if I had still been having it at mine the barbecue would have been off.

Nicks, my poussin recipe has to be done on the barbecue - it wouldn't taste the same done in the oven. Aand you need a barbecue with a lid to seal the flavour and keep the poussins moist. All you do is take each poussin and rub it with sea salt and freshly ground pepper - then mix up some freshly squeezed orange juice, some clear honey, and a squeeze of lemon. If you want add whole garlic cloves you can - some people prefer it without - but both ways are nice. You can also add some fresh tarragon or lemon thyme - but the herbs aren't essential.

You then place the bird in a freezer type bag and pour all the mixture both inside the bird and all over it, adding the squeezed orange skins too, and you just leave it to marinate for a day if possible, and then when you barnecue them you just bash the bird into a spatchcock shape and place it on the BBQ, pull the lid down, and cook for about 20 minutes (you need to check periodocally to make sure they're now overcooked) and that's it! Smile Honestly, it is sooo delicious and the flavour is out of this world.

I hope you try it and tell me what you think!

Yeah, my Rumamisu is decadent - but as delicious as it sounds nothing feels as decadent as arriving on the Grand Canal by water taxi, which is like a large speedboat really! tongue We're going again this month (fallen in love!) there's just something so magical about the place - as you know yourself - everywhere you look there's such beauty everywhere....the architecture, the art, the whole place is like an overdose of beauty, history and atmosphere.

Back to Easter tongue My daughter is doing Spring Lamb with new potatoes, minted peaas, runner beans etc, but I'm not sure what she's doing for pudding. Will be good, though; she's a very good cook, too, and some things she cooks turn out better than mine.

I've got the Easter Eggs both for her and the grandchildren - so today is chocolate day! tongue

Hayley, I love Cadbury's too. It's so true about that 'cracking' sound as you break the shell!!! I'm glad I'm not the only one who enjoys that! Razz

Anyway, I hope everyone has a cracking Easter (pun intended!)

Strawbs sunny

Turkishheartdrop
    Turkishheartdrop

Post  Turkishheartdrop Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:31 pm

Happy easter sunday ladies......gents Wink ...........sorry to hear Mr S isnt well.......lots of snuggles for him okay...........
    Maria
    Maria

Post  Maria Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:38 pm

Have a lovely Easter from me tto drunken Strawbs sorry to hear E isnt well, my sis has the same thing at the mo and some of ot plans have gone hay wire Neutral Not nice the weather here also typical Sad Mad Have a good one what ever you do

Maria x
    ruby
    ruby

Post  ruby Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:58 am

Hope all you ladies and gents had a great Easter Sunday.

I've had a fabulous day spending it with my family and grandchildren, we had the Christmas/Easter Lunch with the Hestons Whole Orange Pud. Saw my vicar this morning I love you and got a kiss in public Laughing

Strawbs, sorry to hear Monsieur Strawberry is poorly, send him a big hug from me and tell him to get better soon. Laughing

Ruby
    Yohan
    Yohan

Post  Yohan Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:28 am

Hi girls I hope you all had a lovely Easter holiday, mine was nice and relaxing and I got some nice choccy eggs and a lovely e card from the other half, it made my Easter Smile
    hayleyvemehmet
    hayleyvemehmet

Post  hayleyvemehmet Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:55 am

Hey strawbs we were in the same position as mr strawbs Sad not nice and we are still getting over it,has totally knocked me,mum and little man for six.lets hope we all get better soon.sounds like you were still going to have a fab time though xx hayley
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:36 am

Hi Hayley,

Sorry to hear you all had it too - it was a real nasty one wasn't it? What a Face Mr Strawberry's trmperature absolutely soared - he was shivering like anything. I haven't actually caught it, and fingers crossed I won't! silent It was a shame it happened over Easter, but one of those things - not much you can do, really.

I hope you're all feeling better now, anyway I love you

You're off on your hols soon aren't you? That's something to look forward to, especially now the weather's turned. Sun, sea and relaxation - mmmmmmmmmmmmm! Razz

Strawbs x
    Richard
    Richard

Post  Richard Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:12 pm

Hey girls, I hope you all had a good Easter regardless of colds, sniffles.....yeah, it doesn't help when you're below par but soon summer will be here so look on the bright side, okay?

Richard
    ruby
    ruby

Post  ruby Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:42 am

Richard wrote:Hey girls, I hope you all had a good Easter regardless of colds, sniffles.....yeah, it doesn't help when you're below par but soon summer will be here so look on the bright side, okay?

Richard

Thanks for those pearls of wisdom Richard. When did you say you are going to Turkey and are you still seeing your ex?

Oh and by the way, Hyatum has been asking about your camera, can you reply to her please?

Ruby

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 1:16 pm