Turkish Chatter

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Turkish Chatter

Discussion group for all women with Turkish men in their lives

+2
hayleyvemehmet
Turkishheartdrop
6 posters

Hope your all having a good weekend in this sunny weather

Turkishheartdrop
    Turkishheartdrop

Hope your all having a good weekend in this sunny weather Empty Hope your all having a good weekend in this sunny weather

Post  Turkishheartdrop Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:33 am

Nice isnt it sunny ...............popped in to have a nosey and say happy weekend folks.......out back to the sun now......have a good one ladies.....
    hayleyvemehmet
    hayleyvemehmet

Hope your all having a good weekend in this sunny weather Empty Re: Hope your all having a good weekend in this sunny weather

Post  hayleyvemehmet Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:17 am

Hey t.h.d had a lovely weekend Smile went to visit friends saturday night and had a good time as always.Today just pottered about the garden and eating lahmarcun Smile x
    Admin
    Admin

Hope your all having a good weekend in this sunny weather Empty Re: Hope your all having a good weekend in this sunny weather

Post  Admin Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:17 pm

Oh, this weekend has been fantastic, THD - it feels like summer already!

We spent nearly all weekend in the garden, and I even started enjoying some of the gardening I did! Shocked My latest gardener is on my hitlist (total pratt of a man!) and I had to try and UNDO some of the damage he'd done to my garden while we were away! SUCH hard work, though - so my next task is to find another gardener. I'm having very bad luck with them - first one used to not bother turning up when he should have done, and then eventually fell out of a tree somewhere, so can no longer work. Latest one doesn't know a weed from a plant, and CUT DOWN one of my really well-established PLANTS which costs hundreds of pounds!

Anyway, garden's looking lovely now, and this beautiful sunshine is enticing me out there! sunny It's going to stay sunny and hotter than normal all week, so it's long lunches in the garden and dinners with my new outdoor heater - and Monsieur Strawberry of course! tongue

Hayley, did you buy your Lahmacun or did you make it yourself? I made some real pizzas a couple of weeks ago (gone all Italian-ish after Venice!) and am now a convert. Next on my list is Lahmacun........I've heard you can cook them in a Chiminara (sp?) with wood, but am not sure whether to go the whole hog and just buy a wood-fire oven for outside instead? Trouble with me is I get all enthusiastic about something - rush out to buy the new 'wonderful' miracle cooker/breadmaker/whatever - and end up only using it twice!

Does anyone else do that? tongue

Strawbs

Maria
    Maria

Post  Maria Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:42 pm

I went to a wedding saturday and the weather was shite Sad Sunday was worse so please send some of that sun to me! Sad Sorry to hear about your gardner Strawbs, sounds serious falling out a tree What a Face your not having much luck with them are you? look in your local rag or yp, there should be some good ones about. Cant make pizzas or lamcun and dont want to tbh, cant be doing with all that malarky, Im no nigella. Exclamation Exclamation

Maria
    Pollypecker
    Pollypecker

Post  Pollypecker Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:44 pm

Sorry you never got good weather Maria it was really warm here and sunny,may be next week end it will be your turn:) I read we will have a boiler this summer like 76 so get your shorts and tops out girls Wink If it gets hot like that it will do businesses good on the resorts here, fingers crossed the forcasts are right.
    Strawbs did you make pizza from scratch or use a pizza machine maker?

Pol x
    ruby
    ruby

Post  ruby Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:24 am

Hello Ladies

Glad to read that you are all enjoying the lovely weather (with the exception of Maria - hope it soon comes your way Maria).

Its been glorious where I am, even had a rock on the hammock in the garden this afternoon, how lovely is that, and whats the date - 26 March, I remember in 1975 Laughing that we were encountering snow in March Razz

Strawbs, you and your gardeners, what plant has he dug up now Question I reacon you should have a huge bonfire in your garden and plonk him on top of it - teach him a lesson Evil or Very Mad

Well this lovely weather is forecast to last for the rest of the week, so we'd best make the most of it before those April showers.

Ruby

Last edited by ruby on Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:10 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mangled brain)
    hayleyvemehmet
    hayleyvemehmet

Post  hayleyvemehmet Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:47 am

sorry for the late reply strawbs re our lahmacun.... in our town centre there is a certain bit that is very turkish,a shop that sells everything you could want,a barbers,kebab shop,mens cafe etc etc and there was a restaurant that was more than just a kebab shop ( all the dishes and rices etc ) which they have now closed and are going to be opening as a lahmacun and pide shop.the owner has been getting advice from my hubby and he would have liked him to work for him ( hubbys actual job in turkey) but he accepts my hubby wants to keep his job so he has just been getting his help to set it up.the other day he asked if my hubby would go and have a practice with him so thats why i ended up getting loads of lahmacuns come home and we froze a big batch Smile we have made them at home and cooked them in the normal oven but its not the same as the proper ovens.i dont know if the chiminara works but it could be worth a try :)we have also made our own pide at home which was quite good.we have also made our own pizzas and i have to say they are so much better than the shop ones because quite literally you can put on them what and how much you want Smile just tastes so nice mmmmm xxx

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 5:39 pm