Turkish Chatter

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Turkish Chatter

Discussion group for all women with Turkish men in their lives

+3
Maria
Turkishheartdrop
hayleyvemehmet
7 posters

valentines day

hayleyvemehmet
    hayleyvemehmet

valentines day Empty valentines day

Post  hayleyvemehmet Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:20 am

Well girls bit late i know but hope everyone had a nice valentines.I am just sipping a lovely glass of wine as i type Smile have been totally spoilt today and have just returned from the cinema,went to see jack and jill (adam sandler) and it was so nice to hear lots of laughs in there tonight.everyone seemed so happy and it cheered me up.what did anyone else do or get?
    Turkishheartdrop
    Turkishheartdrop

valentines day Empty Re: valentines day

Post  Turkishheartdrop Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:03 pm

Sounds good Hayley.......you was spoilt.......I got card & flowers sent but never enjoyed them coz Ive been poorly.......next year will b better I hope.....
    Maria
    Maria

Post  Maria Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:53 pm

Sorry you wasnt well T I love you

Sending you hugs and good wishes I love you

Maria x
    Maria
    Maria

Post  Maria Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:54 pm

hayleyvemehmet wrote:Well girls bit late i know but hope everyone had a nice valentines.I am just sipping a lovely glass of wine as i type Smile have been totally spoilt today and have just returned from the cinema,went to see jack and jill (adam sandler) and it was so nice to hear lots of laughs in there tonight.everyone seemed so happy and it cheered me up.what did anyone else do or get?

Your day sounded lovely Hayley! Smile I want to see that film, sounds like you enjoyed it so Im even more looking forward to it Very Happy

Maria x
    Turkishheartdrop
    Turkishheartdrop

Post  Turkishheartdrop Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:00 pm

Maria wrote:Sorry you wasnt well T I love you

Sending you hugs and good wishes I love you

Maria x

Thanks Maria......Im on the mend now so just resting a bit.........
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:59 pm

Hi Hayley,

Sounds like you were pampered - just how I like to be! I did get a nice Valentine's card, but alas no gold, diamonds or piles of presents! Mind you, neither did he.... All he got was a card. Oh, we did have a nice meal at home with a nice bottle of wine, and I also got a bunch of flowers - not sure if they came from BP - you know, that big shop Beautiful Posies that also sells petrol. tongue

They were very pretty, though - cream and pale pink roses - one of my favourite combinations. But I do feel quite deprived when I hear about all these lavish gifts some people get for Walanteena's Day! Mind you, even when I was married, and in my past relationships, too, I've only ever received cards and flowers silent I've had some beautiful bouquets, mind you! Some gorgeous ones! Oh, and I've sometimes been treated to a nice meal out, and a nice bottle of good Champagne.

But I've never received any gifts - so I must be doing something seriously wrong!

Strawbs
    ruby
    ruby

Post  ruby Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:23 pm

lol! Strawbs, its a wonder some of the deluded braggers didnt burst into song with the 12 days of Christmas my true love gave to me .............................................................

THD, I hope you are feeling much better, I missed your post saying you had been poorly. Glad to see you back with us cheers Have a great weekend.

Ruby
    hayleyvemehmet
    hayleyvemehmet

Post  hayleyvemehmet Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:30 am

AWW sorry to hear you was ill thd Sad my little man sent you a kiss Smile Ruby i didnt get gold but what i got and i had to giggle ( just seemed so weird but nice) was money in my card towards my bracelet when we go away Smile first time in my life i ever had a valentines card with money in it.Had choccys to go to the cinema with and a heart shape tray filled with hot cross buns Smile i actually didnt get flowers but to be honest i didnt mind as we can get them anytime and they do shoot the price up that week.xx
    sharryparry
    sharryparry

Post  sharryparry Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:02 am

Well I must say my one excelled himself this year. I got roses, champers, and chocolates. He then cooked me breakfast which included a heart shaped egg! He then took the kids to broadstairs for the day as I was working from home and sent me a text with a picture of I love u which he had drew in the sand. He has totally made a rod for his own back now as has a lot to live up to next year. I must say what meant most to me was the photo and the egg and I would have been happy with them and nothing else.
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:38 pm

hayleyvemehmet wrote:AWW sorry to hear you was ill thd Sad my little man sent you a kiss Smile Ruby i didnt get gold but what i got and i had to giggle ( just seemed so weird but nice) was money in my card towards my bracelet when we go away Smile first time in my life i ever had a valentines card with money in it.Had choccys to go to the cinema with and a heart shape tray filled with hot cross buns Smile i actually didnt get flowers but to be honest i didnt mind as we can get them anytime and they do shoot the price up that week.xx

Hi Hayley,

Oh, your preents sound nice, thoughtful ones I love you What was the heart-shaped tray with hot cross buns? I've not seen one of those. I love hot cross buns - roll on Easter! tongue

Are you buying your bracelet in Turkey? Gold there is SUCH an investment!

Hope you have a wonderful time Smile

Strawbs
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:44 pm

sharryparry wrote:Well I must say my one excelled himself this year. I got roses, champers, and chocolates. He then cooked me breakfast which included a heart shaped egg! He then took the kids to broadstairs for the day as I was working from home and sent me a text with a picture of I love u which he had drew in the sand. He has totally made a rod for his own back now as has a lot to live up to next year. I must say what meant most to me was the photo and the egg and I would have been happy with them and nothing else.

Hi Sharry,

Your husband sounds lovely! I love the text thing showing you the 'I love u' in the sand! That's really romantic....

It's definitely the thoughtful touches that mean the most isn't it?

Strawbs
    SozzledSally
    SozzledSally

Post  SozzledSally Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:11 pm

Who said romance was dead? I love you Turkish men know how to romance all right! Very Happy
    A pity they also know how not to romance when they scarper:|

Sal x
    hayleyvemehmet
    hayleyvemehmet

Post  hayleyvemehmet Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:04 am

Sharry that was so sweet of your hubby Smile just goes to show they have romance.strawbs i am getting my bracelet in Hatay if you remember Smile and i cannot wait for our holiday,its been so hectic these last few weeks.The hot cross buns is just a gimmick thing asda do for valentines.Its a whole bunch of them squashed into a heart shaped foil tray.Yh roll on easter its a good time of year.Im lucky that my hubby does bring home the odd bunch of flowers from time to time and although he moans about the cost of valentines he always does it Smile
    ruby
    ruby

Post  ruby Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:49 am

hayleyvemehmet wrote:Sharry that was so sweet of your hubby Smile just goes to show they have romance.strawbs i am getting my bracelet in Hatay if you remember Smile and i cannot wait for our holiday,its been so hectic these last few weeks.The hot cross buns is just a gimmick thing asda do for valentines.Its a whole bunch of them squashed into a heart shaped foil tray.Yh roll on easter its a good time of year.Im lucky that my hubby does bring home the odd bunch of flowers from time to time and although he moans about the cost of valentines he always does it Smile

Hello Hayley

I havent forgotten you are going to Hatay because you are going to be treated to the best dessert in the whole wide world - Kunufe, and yes THD, I am addicted to them, they are just so gorgeous. Good job they are not available in the UK (Turkish restaurants being the exception) as I would be the size of a house. Hayley, hope they have still got the bracelet you have your heart set on, Turkish gold is beautiful unlike the 9ct Argos rubbish you get here.

Well I got a Pandora style bracelet, its not the real thing but was assured they do sell it in the Pandora shop - I am not so sure about that as I've seen similar really pretty bracelets in Marmaris for around 5TL Laughing Went to the cinema and saw The Vow, it was a nice film and the guy who played the part of Leo was a nice bit of eye candy Very Happy , unfortunately, when I turned to my right and eyeballed the guy who had taken me it was rather an anticlimax Rolling Eyes

We then went for a Chinese and the conversation made watching paint dry appear interesting, e.g. I asked numpty 'what do you think of the Prime Minister and his policies' he replied 'Oh I dont like Gordon Brown, hope he gets replaced', I thought 'this guy has been munching on magic mushrooms'. Needless to say I cut the evening short.

Discussed my date with Strawbs today and we roared with laughter. I asked her advice of what I should say to ditch him, so all credit to you Strawbs for giving me the idea and the following text has been sent to him.

'Hi xxxx, thanks for a nice day yesterday. Unfortunately, I wont be able to see you again as following the Chinese I have suffered a terrible bout of piles the size of plums. I am having to sit on one side of my bum cheek and the pain is making me really bad tempered and they last for months on end'

So far it seems to have done the trick lol!

Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:25 pm

Haha, Ruby! Razz

Did you actually send that text???!!! I wonder what he thinks????!!! Laughing

He'll probably regale his next date with why you and he broke up! And she'll think he's a double fruitcake! haha

I wonder if he actually believes it? tongue He sounded like his brain never got out of neutral!

Strawbs
    Maria
    Maria

Post  Maria Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:23 am

Rubes you naughty thing you! Poor fellas gonna turn off women for life if you said that to him! affraid I hope you dont have to bump into him some day lol! Did he really thing gordon brown was still the PM? That would turn me off as well tbh

Maria x
    hayleyvemehmet
    hayleyvemehmet

Post  hayleyvemehmet Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:17 am

Ruby thats funny.you should have said it was john major Smile i really cant understand anyone that doesnt know who the current bloody prime minister is.i certainly dont know all the politics etc but if you watch tv news you do get a rough idea.im glad you told him you got piles Smile
    Turkishheartdrop
    Turkishheartdrop

Post  Turkishheartdrop Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:45 pm

Rubes....Im worried about you.......hope your okay......some folk havent got no sense of humour....he might think your taking the p.....never trust anyone posing on the net or fishing.......lotta sharks out there hun......
    ruby
    ruby

Post  ruby Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:49 am

Turkishheartdrop wrote:Rubes....Im worried about you.......hope your okay......some folk havent got no sense of humour....he might think your taking the p.....never trust anyone posing on the net or fishing.......lotta sharks out there hun......

Thanks for your concern THD, that is very kind of you - I am fine. How about yourself? I know you have been poorly, hope you are well on the mend, have missed you Sad Hurry up back Laughing

Fishing, sharks and jaws Laughing

Rubes

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:39 am