Turkish Chatter

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Turkish Chatter

Discussion group for all women with Turkish men in their lives

+2
hayleyvemehmet
hyatum
6 posters

My xmas dinner

hyatum
    hyatum

My xmas dinner Empty My xmas dinner

Post  hyatum Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:14 am

I thought I would share what we are having for Xmas dinner this year...not the proverbial fattened calf nor a suckling pig with an apple in it's mouth pig ...Just a llittle wild 'sucklin' wart-hog Smile . It takes great skill to catch them, they run like lightening..but if you soak a piece of bread in some tipple and feed them they begin to do the Irish Pig Jig and providing you hav'nt imbibed too much of the tipple yourself and you have your wits about you could be really lucky and catch one before the mother decends on you with her very sharp tashers. If you roast them over the spit with lashings of beer and honey they are absolutely scrumptious. lol!

Nicks
    hayleyvemehmet
    hayleyvemehmet

My xmas dinner Empty Re: My xmas dinner

Post  hayleyvemehmet Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:48 am

Sorry it doesnt tempt me away from my old turkey Smile but sounds rather nice xxx really though save the tipples for us girls on here please Smile
    hyatum
    hyatum

Post  hyatum Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:21 pm

Hi Hayley

I think i have had a change of heart, I shall let warty live to tell another tale (three warthog and a hyeana) pig pig pig and invite his family to share our xmas like they did last year, providing they behave as last year they caused chaos. I am thinking though that a Turkey might be too small for my large famiily and I shall have to find an Ostrich, but there are drawbacks to that as well, can you imagine how much stuffing I would have to make for an AAastrich, affraid then my oven is too small and OOOO they have such long necks I would hate to see that as the centre piece on my xmas dining-room table. rendeer So I'll forget the indigenous look to my xmas fare and go with the usual and YES of course I will share the tipple with you girls.

NIcks
    hayleyvemehmet
    hayleyvemehmet

Post  hayleyvemehmet Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:41 am

Well nicks if you did go with the ostrich i suppose you could wrap the neck around itself and have a nice crispy top Smile..... have you actually tried it and if so what did it taste like? stick with the turkey and tipples Smile xx hayley
    hyatum
    hyatum

Post  hyatum Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:07 am

Hi Hayley

Actually I have eaten Ostrich and it is really tasty! Smile Ostrich steaks, Ostrich Carpaccio and Ostrich biltong. Biltong is eaten by the truckloads by blood-thirsty South Africans....it is similar to what the Americans call Jerkey but much nicer! Raw meat is cut into strips, soaked in a mixture of brine and spices then hung to dry. Ostrich meat and biltong is really good because it is range-free, has very little fat, no anti-biotics and you can't get mad-ostrich disease (cos ostriches mostly eat stones) the only draw-back I can think of is that they do put their heads in the sand quite a bit.....I am not sure if this is a contagious disease. If it is, then I think the numpties have been tucking into it lol! lol!

Nicks
    ruby
    ruby

Post  ruby Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:05 pm

Hiya Nicks

I remember the Biltong, I just didn't take to it, they sell it in the UK now.

Dont forget our tipple drunken drunken Whats you favourite Nicks? SA is renowned for its fantastic wines, I used to love the rose 5th Avenue Cold Duck, boy I could down a bottle of that right now, better than Crystal Champagne (well almost Shocked )

This ostrich of yours Nicks must be a joke, you will be telling us next that you are going to cook a pushme pullyou Laughing Laughing When I was in the Kruger Park, the rangers used to keep a diary in a communal rondavel of what game had been spotted that day, some early risers were lucky enough to see the big five, but I was never up at 5am to do the early morning safari. Anyway one night I was feeling a bit naughty and went into the rondavel and made an entry that I had spotted a pushme pullyou tongue Wonder what the dry SA humour thought of my entry. Tut tut.

Rubes
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:52 pm

hyatum wrote:Hi Hayley

Actually I have eaten Ostrich and it is really tasty! Smile Ostrich steaks, Ostrich Carpaccio and Ostrich biltong. Biltong is eaten by the truckloads by blood-thirsty South Africans....it is similar to what the Americans call Jerkey but much nicer! Raw meat is cut into strips, soaked in a mixture of brine and spices then hung to dry. Ostrich meat and biltong is really good because it is range-free, has very little fat, no anti-biotics and you can't get mad-ostrich disease (cos ostriches mostly eat stones) the only draw-back I can think of is that they do put their heads in the sand quite a bit.....I am not sure if this is a contagious disease. If it is, then I think the numpties have been tucking into it lol! lol!

Nicks

Hi Nicks,

Oh, your posts do make me laugh! tongue

I understand you can't get mad-ostrich disease, but can you get mad-turkey disease?

And what are the symptoms if you can catch it? Suspect

Strawbs
    Teenz
    Teenz

Post  Teenz Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:53 pm

Lol i think there is many members on these sites that have that Mad Turkey disease Surprised some seem to have that terrible disease for many years and are now rabid with it. no cure for them!
    hyatum
    hyatum

Post  hyatum Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:20 am

Teenz wrote:Lol i think there is many members on these sites that have that Mad Turkey disease Surprised some seem to have that terrible disease for many years and are now rabid with it. no cure for them!

Hi Teenz

You took the words literally out of my mouth lol! the mad cow has become a mad Turkey!

Nicks
    ruby
    ruby

Post  ruby Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:10 am

Strawbs, Nicks and Teenz, you have hit the nail on the head.

Strawbs, the first signs are when you repeatedly say the following in a post:

WHOOOOOP WHOOOOOP Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay ha ha ha ha ggrrrrrrrr hubby hubby hubby askim askim seni seviyorum and all the other associated bollocks that goes on in numpties minds affraid Of course, lets not forget the Army Map and the felt tip pens, now what colour shall I shade in today tongue

Then it turns to paranoia, although, if the Turds saw that word they would associate it with the word PARA, which as we all know turns them on more than a quick knee trembler at the back of Bar Street Laughing

Rubes
    ruby
    ruby

Post  ruby Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:42 am

hyatum wrote:I thought I would share what we are having for Xmas dinner this year...not the proverbial fattened calf nor a suckling pig with an apple in it's mouth pig ...Just a llittle wild 'sucklin' wart-hog Smile . It takes great skill to catch them, they run like lightening..but if you soak a piece of bread in some tipple and feed them they begin to do the Irish Pig Jig and providing you hav'nt imbibed too much of the tipple yourself and you have your wits about you could be really lucky and catch one before the mother decends on you with her very sharp tashers. If you roast them over the spit with lashings of beer and honey they are absolutely scrumptious. lol!

Nicks

Hi Nicks

This sucklin wart-hog, is that the beast in your Avatar? Its had me thinking, the word wart conjures up all sorts of disgusting images, not to mention the joke when men believe they are well endowed in the meat and two veg area they often say 'well you wouldnt want it as a wart in your eye' Razz

Then of course the word 'hog', well the majority of muslims dont eat pork, then we have the word 'sucklin' which of course implies the wart-hog is still nursing from its mother, all three words combined together are a wery weired combo pig pig

Rubes
    Maria
    Maria

Post  Maria Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:13 am

ruby wrote:Strawbs, Nicks and Teenz, you have hit the nail on the head.

WHOOOOOP WHOOOOOP Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay ha ha ha ha ggrrrrrrrr hubby hubby hubby askim askim seni seviyorum and all the other associated bollocks that goes on in numpties minds affraid Of course, lets not forget the Army Map and the felt tip pens, now what colour shall I shade in today tongue

Then it turns to paranoia, although, if the Turds saw that word they would associate it with the word PARA, which as we all know turns them on more than a quick knee trembler at the back of Bar Street Laughing

Rubes

now what colour shall I shade in today

GREEN

Maria alien
    ruby
    ruby

Post  ruby Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:10 am

Maria wrote:
    ruby wrote:Strawbs, Nicks and Teenz, you have hit the nail on the head.

Rubes

now what colour shall I shade in today

GREEN

Maria alien

Now come on Maria, dont disappoint the numpties, dont you mean 'yesil'? alien Laughing

Rubes
    hayleyvemehmet
    hayleyvemehmet

Post  hayleyvemehmet Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:50 pm

http://www.ostrich-products.co.uk/recipies.htm there girls lots of ideas for the old ostrich Smile

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 3:57 pm