Turkish Chatter

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Turkish Chatter

Discussion group for all women with Turkish men in their lives

+5
hayleyvemehmet
Turkishheartdrop
Admin
ruby
Barbarababe
9 posters

Hello Ladies, how are you all?

Barbarababe
    Barbarababe

Hello Ladies, how are you all? Empty Hello Ladies, how are you all?

Post  Barbarababe Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:44 pm

Hello Ladies

It's been a long time since we all communicated, I must say I was completely baffled and nonplussed when you disappeared from my favourites but thank goodness I hadn't had my membership revoked, I was thinking all sorts of wild things I can tell you. I won't talk about past events as it's not my business and I don't know the politics of what went on but I can't tell you how thrilled I am to be part of the club again, I did miss you all so much and reading your stories. I have been catching up since joining this new site but I have been in Turkey with my chap so did not have the chance to write and tell you how life was treating me.

I am very pleased to tell you all that my leg is now fully healed but it is slightly stiffened, and so I need to wear flats which don't bother me particularly as I wear them when I'm with my chap, as he is rather sensitive about his height. The one problem I do have in that respect, is that walking in flats with no heel seems to pull on my hamstrings in the back of my calves and knee, I've always worn a heel even fairly short ones and my doctor told me my leg muscles will adapt with time. I hope so, I don't like walking all stiffly, I use to have quite a skip in my step and I miss that now.

On to the exciting news. My chap still hasn't proposed to me officially but we have browsed at engagement rings and we have discussed our future and I think he is just waiting for the right moment to make it a memorable and romantic event. I have a very strong feeling he's planning on formally proposing to me in September when I go back over to see him. I mentioned to him about cutting ribbons when a couple get engaged and he started smiling so I think he's got something up his sleeve and he did something which confirmed my suspicions. While saying our goodbyes at the airport (goodness, they get harder every time) he ran back and called me just as I was about to go through and beckoned me back. I rushed to him wondering what he wanted to tell me and he suddenly pulled a piece of string from his back pocket and wrapped it round my wedding finger, then knotted it and pulled it off! That can only mean one thing and I am so thrilled I have been walking around on cloud nine ever since my return. I am so happy to have met such a marvellous romantic man and I can't believe this is happening to me, it's like a wonderful dream except it's for real. It's wonderful I can tell you!

I hope all you girls are having wonderful times and are all happy and in good spirits, you seem to be having fun although I don't recognise all the names and some members I once knew don't seem to be around anymore, I hope they're okay, they did make me laugh so. I shall be posting regularly from now on, I have lots more to tell you all!

Best wishes

Babs
    ruby
    ruby

Hello Ladies, how are you all? Empty Re: Hello Ladies, how are you all?

Post  ruby Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:39 am

Hello Babs

Welcome to Chatters new home, it is lovely to hear from you again and it certainly sounds like you have had a wonderful time in Turkey. I cannot wait to hear all your news, you have been very much missed.

Strawbs and I were only mentioning about you the other day and we guessed that you were away with your chap.

I am happy for you and its wonderful news about what your chap did at the airport. How romantic I love you

Also glad you leg is well on the mend, know what you mean about flat shoes, they pull on your hamstrings and make your legs ache.

Look forward to reading more about your trip.

Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:23 pm

Hi Babs,

Welcome back!

Members have asked me where you disappeared to! I'm glad you're better now and that everything is good.

Do keep us informed of all your latest developments.....I bet you're so excited at the prospect of being proposed to. Remember to photograph the moment - and post them up on here for us all to share!

Strawbs

Turkishheartdrop
    Turkishheartdrop

Post  Turkishheartdrop Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:21 pm

Hello Babas, nice to see you're back again, I missed your posts Smile
    hayleyvemehmet
    hayleyvemehmet

Post  hayleyvemehmet Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:56 am

Hi Babs glad to see you found us.missed your posts too,but glad your leg is better.
    Barbarababe
    Barbarababe

Post  Barbarababe Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:28 pm

Hello Ladies

Thank you for your warm welcomes, it means a lot to me it really does. My friends and family don't fully approve of my chap so I feel in such familiar hands here and I adore talking about him especially in my lunchbreak, he's all I think of even when I'm working if I'm honest but I try to keep a grip on my emotions, though the butterflies overwhelm me so much sometimes that I can hardly keep still for excitement at the thought of seeing him again and rememmbering his touch his eyes and the feel of his arms around me. He's wonderful.

I have some rather unfortunate news regarding my dear mother which has kept me on track. She visited her local hair salon last week for a perm and tint and somehow she had a bad reaction to the chemical they used, which she has used several times previously but this time her scalp started tingling painfully and they had to wash it off sooner than they should. The perm was very disappointing and the colour didn't take as it should but the worst part was her scalp felt very sore all last week and looked very red. She saw her GP who prescribed a lotion for her scalp and the redness and pain has eased very well but her hair looks very limp and has a strange colour and she was due to go to a joint 90th birthday party on Sunday and was hoping to look her best, but with her hair as it is and not being allowed to have any teatments done for some time she's going to have to wear a hat which although suit her and she likes wearing, she was hoping to go casually dressed in a summer dress, but as I told her it could have been much worse and she could have suffered severe burns but I do symapthise with her. She is a very particular lady and has been looking forward to this party for a long time now.

I think I told you girls that my chap is probably about to propose to me and I will need him to move over here, I could not leave mother, I wouldn't dream of it. I will be picking your brains for tips on how to do this visa application malarky which I have no experience of and does worry me somewhat. So watch out for my questions on that in the future. I expect to be engaged by September, I am nervous as hell and will probably dance all over the place when he gets down on his knee. I try to control my emotions but sometimes I feel my heart will burst with happiness.

Well girls I hope you all have a marvellous day and I'm really enjoying some of the posts on here, you all make me laugh so much.

Bye for now

Babs
    hayleyvemehmet
    hayleyvemehmet

Post  hayleyvemehmet Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:57 am

Hey babs i feel for your mother as recently my friend had a bad chemical reaction to her hair dye and ended up looking rather pretty :/ ( not).I hope she enjoys her party though.... we will all help with the visa buisness and as you know there is a link to an immigration board.one advice is to keep any communication you have like cards and letters.keep mobile phone bills or if you are on pay as you go you can print them off online if you have an online account.make sure you have photos of the both of you together when you visit etc.i know of one girl who was refused a visa and one reason was because she always took photos of her partner then he would take them of her,but never together.its those little things that helped.i never kept my airline tickets but i supplied my old passport to show all the visa stamps as well as copying my new passport stamps.i hope you get a nice proposal soon Smile
    ruby
    ruby

Post  ruby Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:55 am

Hi Babs

I am very sorry to hear about your mother's bad hair and scalp reaction, at her age, she really does not need that sort of discomfort and pain and you must be a very caring daughter to want to remain in the UK with her.\

In my house in Marmaris I always keep a huge black hairband which has little crystals in it, but it covers my hair for the day, I use it if I am going on a boat trip or have a bad hair day. Maybe you could get some sort of large hairband or a small elegant hat as a treat to match her clothes, I really hope your mother enjoys her double birthday treat.

Hope your chap does propose in September as I understand that the Immigration Rules will be changing from next April. Will you marry soon do you think? Does your chap work in a resort, if so, which one. Of course you dont have to reveal this information if you do not wish to.

Anyway, all the very best to your mother. Hope she has a great day. cheers

Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:04 pm

Hi Babs,

I'm sorry to hear what happened to your mother. Has the hairdresser offered compensation at all? They ought to, and if they haven't, your mother should contact them and ask them what they intend to do about it.

Let us know......

Strawbs
    Ladybird
    Ladybird

Post  Ladybird Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:36 pm

How old is your mum babs?
    Guveclover
    Guveclover

Post  Guveclover Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:16 am

Good to see you've found us Babs. I hope that your Mum will be feeling better soon and manages to sort her hair out and I'll look forward to hearing how things progress with your chap....
    Barbarababe
    Barbarababe

Post  Barbarababe Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:56 pm

Hello Ladies

Thank you for your concerns and kind words, they mean such a lot to me. Ladybird dear, my mother is 95 years of age but you would never guess it. She's marvellous for her age though she is a little stiff but she manages to walk along the seafront most days and still plays her musical instruments with gusto. A lot of people have asked her what her secret is staying so youthful and we think genes play a big part but she also looks after herself by eating lots of vegetebales and fruit, in particular cauliflower, cabbage and sprouts. She eats lots of fish and eggs and every morning starts the day with a glass of warm water with lemon, she swears by it. She's a fresh air fiend and loves a stroll in blowy weather, rain or shine, and insists on keeping her joints well oiled by moving them as often as possible and taking cod liver oil every day. She is a firm believer in early to bed and early to rise and always has a cup of ovaltine or bournvita before she retires, she also has drop of whisky at night and a sherry before dinner. She swears by it.

Strawbs dear, we wouldn't like to complain to the salon as they have been so good to mother in the past and they were so sorry and mortified that we think it's better not to make a fuss.

Guveclover dear, thank you for your kind wishes and I will let you all know about my chap's visa application as soon as we set off.

Thank you all.

Bye for now

Babs
    zeynep49
    zeynep49

Post  zeynep49 Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:54 am

Hi Babs ,sorry to know of your mothers problem was thinking that you could buy her a straw floppy hat to let air circulate .There are some fashionable hats that you could match with her outfit and she would be comfortable wearing it.
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:59 pm

Hi Zeynap,

I don't think a sunhat would be appropriate for a dressy event at all...... Suspect

Strawbs
    Pollypecker
    Pollypecker

Post  Pollypecker Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:23 pm

Babs your mum sounds lovely I love you you must be very proud of her. I hope she sorts something out for her hair or hat.

Pol
    zeynep49
    zeynep49

Post  zeynep49 Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:15 am

Strawberry , not meaning as you are thinking sun hat as there are some very fashionable hats for special events in light weight straw material in all colors .I think that you are under the impression that i refer to seaside hats such as purchased in Blackpool .xx

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 8:47 am