Turkish Chatter

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Turkish Chatter

Discussion group for all women with Turkish men in their lives

+2
Maria
Admin
6 posters

Who Said This?

Admin
    Admin

Who Said This? Empty Who Said This?

Post  Admin Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:11 pm

I thought I'd start a thread where we take a quote from something someone's written (AHEM!!) and guess what it's relating to. tongue

I'll kick off with this little snippet posted somewhere today:

"Its a tricky one, I called the Registar the other day and she sounded like she was totally confused and didn't have a clue what i was on about "

cyclops lol!

Strawbs
    Maria
    Maria

Who Said This? Empty Re: Who Said This?

Post  Maria Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:14 pm

No idea but I laughed just reading it, I can just see the registars face looking confused pmsl Laughing was it melcuma?

Maria
    Turkishheartdrop
    Turkishheartdrop

Post  Turkishheartdrop Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:52 pm

That's not Melcuma. Never in a million years...... Arrow
    Guveclover
    Guveclover

Post  Guveclover Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:59 am

I'm going for one of their resident "spinster brides" over there - Mistral!
    hayleyvemehmet
    hayleyvemehmet

Post  hayleyvemehmet Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:21 am

Its to do with registering her baby when he is born and how to go about spelling the name as it has the squiggle under the name and most keyboards over here cannot or will not accept it . xx
    Guveclover
    Guveclover

Post  Guveclover Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:28 am

Is she another of the brigade who have a whole troop of kids with a man who lives in another country and then moan about the injustices of the immigration system because the children can't have their dad living with them?
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:32 pm

Hi Hayley,

You got in one! Laughing Your turn next!

Judith, I'm not really sure of this woman's 'previous', but when I read what she'd written I burst out laughing - I could just picture a very confused woman at the Registry Office looking all pained and weary as she tried to understand what the TL member was asking her over the telephone. You can just imagine it can't you:

"Oh Hello, could you help me please? My baby's due very soon and because my hubby is Turkish I have to call my son a Turkish name; I would ask my Turkish hubby this question but it would take him 300 years to understand what I'm talking about, so I thought I'd ask you instead! When you have a Turkish name you have those little dots above the O or U or underneath the S or C so they sound like 'sssh' 'jer' or 'urrrr', so do I need to put a little tail thing under the S or just leave it? What do you think I should do? What would you do in this situation? Errr?" rabbit

Strawbs

hayleyvemehmet
    hayleyvemehmet

Post  hayleyvemehmet Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:01 pm

When we went to register our baby ( only 8 months ago) the registrar told us if you spell the name with the dots etc then that is how it should be on everything else legally.he suggested that as its not always possible or that some companys wont alter their keyboard to do it then its more hassle then its worth.yes we could have had the dots in our surname put in, but we took the easy option.its ok to say lets just do it on the birth certificate and nothing else but the birth certificate is a legal thing and that should be represented in everything.of course things change and maybe its not the same as then.maybe a different area and registrar will say something different but i took our advice at that time.we did sign our surname as it is and the man put in a note to explain why we had done that.my husband asked the turkish embassy about this and they said it doesnt matter that its spelt different here as they know our keyboards are different.......
    hayleyvemehmet
    hayleyvemehmet

Post  hayleyvemehmet Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:05 pm

sooooo i got to do a new one hmmm lets think ......
    Morning all!

I am going to photocopy a few bits today - got to take advantage of the photocopier at work while i can!

soooo whats this relating too? is it that add for those silly little choccy sticks with the japenese lady Smile ?
    Turkishheartdrop
    Turkishheartdrop

Post  Turkishheartdrop Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:15 pm

That's gotta be MYOB......I know she's got a trunk waiting to put all her visa papers in it...that will half take them a long while to read, something like a year? lol! Is it her? Or am I barking up the wrong paper tree?
    Maria
    Maria

Post  Maria Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:00 pm

This ones an original Razz

....he says I am a gift from god and he is glad he met me, which is a lovely lovely thing to say. Do you have a Turkish man too?......

lol!

Who wrote that? pirat
    Teenz
    Teenz

Post  Teenz Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:43 pm

Strawbs said

"Oh Hello, could you help me please? My baby's due very soon and because my hubby is Turkish I have to call my son a Turkish name; I would ask my Turkish hubby this question but it would take him 300 years to understand what I'm talking about, so I thought I'd ask you instead! When you have a Turkish name you have those little dots above the O or U or underneath the S or C so they sound like 'sssh' 'jer' or 'urrrr', so do I need to put a little tail thing under the S or just leave it? What do you think I should do? What would you do in this situation? Errr?"

lol!

Yep i can imagine that too.

I cant for the life of me think why anyone would want a swiggle's or dot's here and there anyway its not the most attractive thing really is it?

Plus the fact is they are not in Turkey and a big chance the child will grow up here so why would you need it written in Turkish anyway?
    Teenz
    Teenz

Post  Teenz Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:51 pm

Maria

Id Guess JW? Sounds just like one of hers Wink
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:09 am

Oh, this a right old cliche. Turkish men use this phrase all the time, although they have variations of it:

God sent you to me

You are my gidt from God/Allah

You are my angel sent down to me

Blah blah blah...puke puke puke

As SOON a man utters those words it's time to run for the hills!!!! affraid

Strawbf

Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:10 am

By the way, who wrote this latest one, anyway? I don't think it's JW - Flabby called her Angel, I'm sure Suspect
    hayleyvemehmet
    hayleyvemehmet

Post  hayleyvemehmet Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:47 am

Turkish heart drop you got it right Smile it is myob ......hmmmmm not sure about marias yet must poke around for that one....think it is jw actually. it was her father inlaw that called her melek

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 3:02 am