Turkish Chatter

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Turkish Chatter

Discussion group for all women with Turkish men in their lives

3 posters

Hellooooooooooooooooooooooo

Admin
    Admin

Hellooooooooooooooooooooooo Empty Hellooooooooooooooooooooooo

Post  Admin Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:49 pm

Hi!!!!

Just thought I'd say Hello - even though none of you can bother to post!

Strawbs
    hayleyvemehmet
    hayleyvemehmet

Hellooooooooooooooooooooooo Empty Re: Hellooooooooooooooooooooooo

Post  hayleyvemehmet Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:01 am

Just popping in to say hi and to say i have not been around as i have had so much going on at home :/ my sons bike was stolen but found and at a cost to us, so not happy.Little man turned two last month,big son started driving lessons,other son needing help with homework,xmas shopping and daughter and i putting up decs etc as she couldnt wait.The neighbours house has more lights than ever and the goose is getting fat lol oh the joys.will come back when i have something really interesting to say Smile Happy countdown to christmas everyone xx
    Admin
    Admin

Hellooooooooooooooooooooooo Empty Snow Where You Are?

Post  Admin Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:06 pm

Hi Hayley

Sorry to hear about your son's bike being stolen! Why did you have to pay to get it back? Was it damaged? If so, maybe you could claim off the insurance? Still, you're lucky they found it, I guess!

It's funny you saying about the Christmas decorations going up......everyone seems to be doing them earlier than usual this year! I wonder why that is? I remember (back in the olden days, haha) when they only went up on Christmas Eve!

We've actually got ours up already, too Embarassed Only the inside ones, we'll be doing the outside at the weekend. We've done inside, and I have three trees up this year. A little OTT - I know. But I bought a lovely artificial one from John Lewis last year - it's very minimilist - it's like snow-covered branches with clear lights on the end of them. It sounds boring, but it is stunning. I dress it with just a few extra white baubles and white Christmas glittery butterflies, and horror of horrors - some strands of silver Lamenta. I know Lamenta is kind of 70s, but it really works on this tree! I'll put a picture up soon. I've got that one in my bedroom, plus one in the hallway entrance and one in the sitting-room. I got those from a local farm in Banstead that actually grows them...I do love real trees. I am a traditionalist like that.

Well, talking about snowy things must have sent out a signal or something, cos I just looked five minutes ago and it's snowing outside!!!! I LOVE the snow!!! BUT....it's a bit of a nuisance here because we get snowed in (up high on a hill) so I've just quickly rushed out in my PJs and mac and drove my car out of the driveway and parked it in the road. One year I was too late - and the car was stuck in the drive for almost two weeks! Crying or Very sad Mind you, there's no guarantee I'll get it down or back up the hill, even though I've parked it in the street....but I always give it it a good old try! tongue

The snow's coming fast and thick now.........so I'll have to cancel my builder (he's repairing my front wall) so that's a bummer! Never mind - a good excuse to snuggle up today and make lots of Gluhwein and homemade Goulash! I hope I've got all the ingredients............aaargh!!!!

Anyone else got snow?

Strawbs
    Turkishheartdrop
    Turkishheartdrop

Post  Turkishheartdrop Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:01 pm

Admin wrote:Hi!!!!

Just thought I'd say Hello - even though none of you can bother to post!

Strawbs

Its just me who keeps posting on here....its you lot who dont bother including you strawbs.....I only get msgs pop up once in a blue from you and others on here.....I have tried on here more than you and rubes this last 6 months or more.......lets see when you come back again....LOL.........
    hayleyvemehmet
    hayleyvemehmet

Post  hayleyvemehmet Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:10 am

Well the saga of the bike is.... my mum bought my son his bike and although its a chinese import and brand new it was only £750.00 so when we insured it they told me it was better to do 3rd party only as the excess was £350 and with administration costs etc he wouldnt get much for the bike if it was stolen so we agreed to that.sadly what has happened is if the police recover your stolen bike/car etc they use local people to collect them and our one charges £150 to recover it and for every day its in the pound it charges £10.00 a day.well the policeman said you can claim it back to which we explained no we couldnt and he said oh we dont come across this very often ( like hello how many other boys must there be that have the same thing? ) well we agreed to let him keep it for forensics and he said he would try and get the charges dropped.four days later we still had not heard and every time we tried to call him etc we got answerphone or sorry hes not here.we then had someone call to say you can go and collect the bike as forensics is done but what they didnt say was that no one had sorted out those charges and we had to pay £220.00 to get it out ! if we didnt bother getting the bike out it would have probably ended up in court so we had no choice to stump up.the police lady who phoned told us to send a complaint letter and although we cannot get that £150 back we could ask for the extra caused by them keeping it.then we had to pay someone to collect the bike as it wasnt drivable ( steering broken,wired ripped out of key lock and body front part missing ) and the bike has cost £154.00 to repair so all in all the little shit that stole it really made us out of pocket.Now it doesnt even pay you to say oh well if its found burnt out that will do us a favour becasue guess what they will still identify it and get them guys to pick it up :/ when we went to get my sons there was a burnt out bike there and the owner has still got to pay £ 150 to get that out ouch lol.not a happy bunny i can tell you
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:31 pm

hayleyvemehmet wrote:Well the saga of the bike is.... my mum bought my son his bike and although its a chinese import and brand new it was only £750.00 so when we insured it they told me it was better to do 3rd party only as the excess was £350 and with administration costs etc he wouldnt get much for the bike if it was stolen so we agreed to that.sadly what has happened is if the police recover your stolen bike/car etc they use local people to collect them and our one charges £150 to recover it and for every day its in the pound it charges £10.00 a day.well the policeman said you can claim it back to which we explained no we couldnt and he said oh we dont come across this very often ( like hello how many other boys must there be that have the same thing? ) well we agreed to let him keep it for forensics and he said he would try and get the charges dropped.four days later we still had not heard and every time we tried to call him etc we got answerphone or sorry hes not here.we then had someone call to say you can go and collect the bike as forensics is done but what they didnt say was that no one had sorted out those charges and we had to pay £220.00 to get it out ! if we didnt bother getting the bike out it would have probably ended up in court so we had no choice to stump up.the police lady who phoned told us to send a complaint letter and although we cannot get that £150 back we could ask for the extra caused by them keeping it.then we had to pay someone to collect the bike as it wasnt drivable ( steering broken,wired ripped out of key lock and body front part missing ) and the bike has cost £154.00 to repair so all in all the little shit that stole it really made us out of pocket.Now it doesnt even pay you to say oh well if its found burnt out that will do us a favour becasue guess what they will still identify it and get them guys to pick it up :/ when we went to get my sons there was a burnt out bike there and the owner has still got to pay £ 150 to get that out ouch lol.not a happy bunny i can tell you

Hayley,

That is outrageous!!

Firstly, why would you need to mpay £350 excess on a £750 bike? That's almost 50%! That doesn't sound right to me, and if I were you I'd change insurance companies. Go onto Confused.com and find the best deal for you - you must be able to find something better than that deal!

Secondly, why should YOU pay pound charges - when your bike was STOLEN???!!! That is SO wrong!! If I were you i'd take all your documents and receipts, and go along to both the CAB and your local MP. Your local MP can write to the police pound, and maybem just maybe, they'll waive that charge to you. They certainly should do!

I think it's disgusting. Contact your local paper too........

It really is infuriating! It's like they protect the thieves and penalise the victims!!!

Strabws
    Turkishheartdrop
    Turkishheartdrop

Post  Turkishheartdrop Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:07 pm

that is terrible hayley but why did they put the bike in a car pound......i might be missin something her but a bike isnt taxed is it.....is it a pedal bike or motor bike.....they dont get taxed motor bikes do they?.......it sounds very dodgy and you want to find out who stole it....it could be a scam with the people in the car pound......
    hayleyvemehmet
    hayleyvemehmet

Post  hayleyvemehmet Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:22 pm

Yes girls it terrible but we are trying to get our money back ( waiting for a reply on our letter sent last week ) thd its a 50cc moped and its taxed etc.The police get these people to pick up everything that is lost stolen or dumped.Usually you can claim it off the insurance ( money making scheme deffinately)but because my son was only 16 when he got his insurance the excess is because of his age.We will probably sell it now so he can use the money for his driving lessons and also because he has lost faith in the bike thing now.It was stolen from outside his friends house and found dumped in an alley the next day,possibly because whoever stole it couldnt get it to work.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:29 pm