Turkish Chatter

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Turkish Chatter

Discussion group for all women with Turkish men in their lives

4 posters

Stupid Expressions

ruby
    ruby

Stupid Expressions Empty Stupid Expressions

Post  ruby Wed May 30, 2012 7:06 am

I was thinking on this lovely summer's day of the tragic deaths last September of Michala Gol and her mother Julie Sahin who were both allegedly stabbed to death by Michala's husband Ensar Gol.

So why do small minded upstarts repeatedly use the expression 'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger' Evil or Very Mad Have they already forgotten this poor girl? Or is it that they cannot help but make gaffes due to their own sad lives?

Ruby
    Guveclover
    Guveclover

Stupid Expressions Empty Re: Stupid Expressions

Post  Guveclover Wed May 30, 2012 7:51 am

It is a stupid expression indeed.

There are people who have suffered terrible experiences in their lives that haven't killed them but those experiences have still left them utterly broken. I'm sure if I'd lost 6 children in a fire for example, or seen my mother and sister murdered in front of me I wouldn't feel very strong and able to take on the world.

I much prefer "what can't be changed must be borne". It's far more realistic.
    Pollypecker
    Pollypecker

Post  Pollypecker Thu May 31, 2012 3:16 am

Hear hear I agree with you both it is a stupid bloody statement, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Some folk talk outside their backsides Crying or Very sad
    Does anybody know when the case of Michaela is starting? I bet it must be soon its about a year now. That will get in to the papers big time I'm telling you so we will all find out the truth

Pol x
    Turkishheartdrop
    Turkishheartdrop

Post  Turkishheartdrop Thu May 31, 2012 6:26 pm

dont forget the little kiddies left behind...........no mam and no pa........poor babies......

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:19 pm