Turkish Chatter

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Turkish Chatter

Discussion group for all women with Turkish men in their lives

5 posters

The Hypocricy of the Save the Dolphin Brigade

Admin
    Admin

The Hypocricy of the Save the Dolphin Brigade Empty The Hypocricy of the Save the Dolphin Brigade

Post  Admin Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:37 pm

Thought I'd start a topic about child cruelty. The reason being, I'm constantly reading posts from the 'aaaw brigade' about dolphins that are held in cramped conditions, causing them distress. And I agree - it's extremely cruel to keep a wild animal cooped up in a tiny space. Dolphins should be in their natural environment - in the sea - where they can swim freely and catch their own feed. It applies to all animals, really - from tiny birds to whales.

What I find deeply distasteful and hypocritical is how you get all these people spouting off "Free the dolphins!!!!" (and I've already said I agree they should be freed) yet those very same people then BRAG about all the cheap, fake handbags, watches, designer label tops, jeans etc that they haggle for in Turkey!

I'm not sure how aware some people are, but buying fake designer bags, watches, clothes etc is helping fund child slavery, trafficking and terrorism. All those fake goods they sell in Turkey are produced in sweatshops in China, where children as young as 8 are forced to work all day long for a pittance.

Some of the children have their legs broken so they can't escape......

The children are nothing but slaves living in appalling Dickensian conditions.

One of the reasons they use children to slave away in the sweatshops is, besides only paying them pennies, the children have little fingers which are ideal for putting the inside of fake watches together

I'm sure if people were aware of the child cruelty involve, they would not buy these cheap fakes. In some countries , not only are the sellers of this fake merchandise heavily fined, but so are the tourists who purchase the items - if caught, of course. And in some countries they have undercover surveillance police watching.....

So many people have been in total outcry over the dolphins that were kept in the swiming pool in Hisaronu (quite rightly, too!) yet very few people seem to realise that poor innocent children are being subjected to torturous conditions in order to feed people's greed.

Besides all that, and I don't mean this in a condascending way, but the majority of people who buy these fake Chanel handbags, Rolex watches etc are fooling no-one. They may think they're impressing people by flashing off a 'Rolex' or 'Chanel' handbag, but it looks as ridiculous as it would sticking a Ferrari emblem on a Ford Fiesta..........

Strawbs
    ruby
    ruby

The Hypocricy of the Save the Dolphin Brigade Empty Re: The Hypocricy of the Save the Dolphin Brigade

Post  ruby Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:29 pm

I've always said 'talk is cheap'.

Despite the numerous Turkish forums knocking around that claim to have 1,000's of members and the recent untimely death of one of its long term members who was actively involved in freeing the dolphins, the grand total raised to date to help the Whale and Dolphin Conservation Society in this person's memory is just £242.00 raised by only 26 people.

Some people have big mouths, post endless messages of sympathy, talk the talk, but dont walk the walk.

Very deep moth eaten pockets and tight as duck's arses spring to mind.

Ruby
    SozzledSally
    SozzledSally

The Hypocricy of the Save the Dolphin Brigade Empty Re: The Hypocricy of the Save the Dolphin Brigade

Post  SozzledSally Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:27 pm

First I heard about designer gear made by slave labour! Shocked I was told by the guy in the shop when I bought mine they make the bags in Istanbul Suspect

Rubes theres about 20 thousand members on all those sites, turkish living TC and TL and thats not counting facebook, you sure you read that right? Suspect only 26 peeps chipped in?

SAL X
    Turkishheartdrop
    Turkishheartdrop

Post  Turkishheartdrop Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:59 pm

people are show offs.......like to make out theyre in grief and will hand over lots of money.......when it comes to it they vanish..........load of baliks.........dont think the dolphin will be bovvered tho......they dont shop till ya drop.....LOL.......
    Pollypecker
    Pollypecker

Post  Pollypecker Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:06 pm

The people who shout off about what dogooders they are only do it to try and look good. The true people who wanna help get out there an act they dont talk about it and say how good am I Razz I saw it on telly about slave labour for bags in China and the doggoders in Turkey shud be shamed of themselves buying fakes knowing children are being kept like prisoners with legs bent and broken to make this stuff. Its discusting and I for one wont ever buy any of that crap ever again now I know whats behind it Evil or Very Mad

Pol x

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 9:08 pm