Turkish Chatter

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Turkish Chatter

Discussion group for all women with Turkish men in their lives

3 posters

I've been asked to attend the Police Station this evening at 18.00

ruby
    ruby

I've been asked to attend the Police Station this evening at 18.00 Empty I've been asked to attend the Police Station this evening at 18.00

Post  ruby Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:15 pm

To give my son a lift when he finishes duty - boom boom bounce

Rubes
    Admin
    Admin

I've been asked to attend the Police Station this evening at 18.00 Empty Re: I've been asked to attend the Police Station this evening at 18.00

Post  Admin Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:08 pm

Hi Ruby,

I hope you didn't speed last night when you collected your son! lol

I remember reading years ago about a police officer who had a huge row with his wife at home (can't remember the full details) but he promptly arrested her and took her down to the police station! Razz Wrong (on so many counts) but so funny, too! I wonder if they're still together.....

Ruby, I've noticed that the police are sooo polite and friendly (not suggesting they never were before) but I think we sometimes have this perception of them being abrupt and dictatorial - but I've had some dealings with some over the last month or so - and they couldn't have been more pleasant, helpful and charming! So complimentary too! They also have a wicked sense of humour....... flower

Are all police so charming and polite? I'm wondering if thse are skills they are told to brush up on - or they're just naturally nice, pleasant and charming?

Strawbs
    SozzledSally
    SozzledSally

I've been asked to attend the Police Station this evening at 18.00 Empty Re: I've been asked to attend the Police Station this evening at 18.00

Post  SozzledSally Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:40 am

I never knew your son was a bobby Rubes??? Very Happy

Sal
    ruby
    ruby

Post  ruby Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:15 am

Admin wrote:Hi Ruby,

I hope you didn't speed last night when you collected your son! lol

I remember reading years ago about a police officer who had a huge row with his wife at home (can't remember the full details) but he promptly arrested her and took her down to the police station! Razz Wrong (on so many counts) but so funny, too! I wonder if they're still together.....

Ruby, I've noticed that the police are sooo polite and friendly (not suggesting they never were before) but I think we sometimes have this perception of them being abrupt and dictatorial - but I've had some dealings with some over the last month or so - and they couldn't have been more pleasant, helpful and charming! So complimentary too! They also have a wicked sense of humour....... flower

Are all police so charming and polite? I'm wondering if thse are skills they are told to brush up on - or they're just naturally nice, pleasant and charming? Strawbs

Hi Strawbs and Sal

Yes Sal my son is a Police Officer.

Strawbs, the majority of police that I know are very polite and friendly, and the perception of them being dictators in my opinion would depend on the particular enquiry they are investigating and also their personality, although they all have to possess the same core competencies and pass them to get into the job. They are all very highly trained to have the ability to assess situations very quickly and fairly. They put their lives on the line for the general public (remember the riots last year?), yet they are often bogged down with having to investigate nonsense claims, especially originating from Facebook stalkers and the like.

As it happens my son was the class joker when he was younger and has a lovely, natural and down to earth approach and the other officers he is teamed up with are all very pleasant, they are like a 'family', thats what they call their team.

Now I do have to have a moan about my local CSO who is power mad. He accused me last summer of parking my car on a grassed area and causing criminal damage to grass lol! (Such a crime does not exist!) He even said the council had sent him out on a Sunday afternoon to take my details Laughing At the time I actually believed him and said, 'the council have sent you out whilst they are enjoying a Sunday afternoon bbq'. I even drafted a letter of complaint ready to send to my local council about wasting tax payers money sending out a CSO on a Sunday. I need not have bothered, the council never got intouch. Anyway, last week just as I was parking on the grassed area who should come cruising past the Mr Jobsworth CSO. He got out of his car and asked for my details. I asked him why, he said we've had about 20 complaints about your car parked here. I said 'we've been through this last summer - remember? and under what power do you want my details', he stuttered and I walked off. If there is a next time he approaches me about the parking I am going to say to him 'I've got a good mind to pull your trousers down and spank your bottom' Laughing Laughing Remember the film, 'stop or my mom will shoot'?

It sounds as though the officers you had dealings with Strawbs were lovely, not at all like my CSO. I think I should nickname the CSO 'grass' tongue

Ruby

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:06 am