Turkish Chatter

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Turkish Chatter

Discussion group for all women with Turkish men in their lives

5 posters

Vote Please: Opinions on Socks

ruby
    ruby

Vote Please: Opinions on Socks Empty Vote Please: Opinions on Socks

Post  ruby Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:02 pm

Ladies

I have a set of 4 'slumdog' socks, well I think they are quite pretty and comfortable, but they are not the sort of socks one would go to the theatre wearing Shocked

Anyway, I tend to wear these socks hidden under trousers as they are warm and cosy, actually I tell a little lie here as these socks on the following link are the winter season replacement socks, but the ones I own are very similar What a Face Here they are on the following link:-

http://direct.asda.com/george/womens/socks-tights/winter-garden-variety-socks/GEM76538,default,pd.html

Now my question is, would any of you ladies wear these socks?

I have been informed by a very intelligent source that they are very unflattering and they have 'treated' me to a pair of plain black socks affraid

Considering the woman who brought this matter to my attention has hair as frizzy as afro and the manners of a pig and is often drunken , I feel I can confidently ignore her no so well meant pressie jocolor

Ruby
    hyatum
    hyatum

Vote Please: Opinions on Socks Empty Re: Vote Please: Opinions on Socks

Post  hyatum Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:51 am

Hey Ruby

Ditch the prezzie from the afro with the manners of a pig who is mostly drunken !! and go to your next gala function in those coooooool-heart socks dressed in a a tutu, dainty slippers, tiara on head, and wand in hand. Like a Star @ heaven Then you can wish yourself into a queen , in a sunny land, riding an elephant with your vicar AND cat (not quite your Harley but very reliable) and hope like hell santa and his rendeer will make afro + afro + drunken F@#$ What a Face OFF!!!! rude woman

By the way the socks are cool I wish I had on a pair today.......it's been raining for a week and all non-swimmers on the continent have their coconut armbands on lol!

Nicks
    Pollypecker
    Pollypecker

Post  Pollypecker Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:12 am

ruby wrote:Ladies

I have a set of 4 'slumdog' socks, well I think they are quite pretty and comfortable, but they are not the sort of socks one would go to the theatre wearing Shocked

Anyway, I tend to wear these socks hidden under trousers as they are warm and cosy, actually I tell a little lie here as these socks on the following link are the winter season replacement socks, but the ones I own are very similar What a Face Here they are on the following link:-

http://direct.asda.com/george/womens/socks-tights/winter-garden-variety-socks/GEM76538,default,pd.html

Now my question is, would any of you ladies wear these socks?

I have been informed by a very intelligent source that they are very unflattering and they have 'treated' me to a pair of plain black socks affraid

Considering the woman who brought this matter to my attention has hair as frizzy as afro and the manners of a pig and is often drunken , I feel I can confidently ignore her no so well meant pressie jocolor

Ruby

She could have a foot fetish? Suspect why is she so keen on what you put on your feet?
    Sounds like shes got a foot issue confused

Pol x
    hayleyvemehmet
    hayleyvemehmet

Post  hayleyvemehmet Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:29 pm

Hey rubes .. re socks.. your friend should come and see my little collection because she would be horrified ! personally i think it doesnt matter what you wear under your trousers etc as long as you are warm.hubby is always telling me off if i dare walk about bare footed ( which i love to do most of the time ) but its true you do need them. i say keep the socks and suggest your friend goes buy another bottle of cheap bubbly and foxtrot oscar :)xx
    Maria
    Maria

Post  Maria Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:54 pm

hayleyvemehmet wrote:Hey rubes .. re socks.. your friend should come and see my little collection because she would be horrified ! personally i think it doesnt matter what you wear under your trousers etc as long as you are warm.hubby is always telling me off if i dare walk about bare footed ( which i love to do most of the time ) but its true you do need them. i say keep the socks and suggest your friend goes buy another bottle of cheap bubbly and foxtrot oscar :)xx

You die if you dont wear socks did you know that? Shocked in turkey you do. What a Face

Maria
    Maria
    Maria

Post  Maria Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:19 pm

ruby
    ruby

Post  ruby Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:02 am

Hi Maria

I just read that article on the bare feet on the bus. My goodness I have to tell you that I had a similar experience this year on Aegean Flights.

When I went to Turkey in June, I flew Aegean flights obviously before they went into liquidation. I was sat next to a load of chavs, swearing, boozing (small can of Efes 4 pounds - how did they manage to go bankrupt Question ), shouting, so I felt quite at home lol!

Anyway, the guy next to me decided to remove his shoes and socks. His feet did smell. Within the space of just a few minutes the Turkish steward came dashing to order the guy in broken English 'put shoes on put shoes on', the steward had a look of horror on his face and then prompty returned with a can of air freshner and sprayed the entire floor area where all our seats were located. He was I assume cussing in Turkish as all the time he was spraying he was chatting to himself. Just like in your linked story, a cloud of air freshner rose to the area of the cabin lockers.

Now I dont know about other folk, but I like to have a good old spray in the Duty Free before flying so my Chanel No 5 now had a combined odour of Airwick which remained in the air and attached itself to my clothes. Laughing

Maybe it was that can of Airwick that brought about the closure of Holidays4U Very Happy

Also my Turkish neighbour always tells me off for walking around bare footed in the house, I am sure to go into a coma if I dont wear slippers in 100 degree plus heat.

Anyway, I love my socks but glad the Aegean flight steward did not see them affraid

Rubes

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:15 pm