Turkish Chatter

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Turkish Chatter

Discussion group for all women with Turkish men in their lives

4 posters

Raven Bird

ruby
    ruby

Raven Bird Empty Raven Bird

Post  ruby Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:16 pm

Whilst chatting to my friend this morning, I told her that on another recent trip to Asda I visited the Halloween section. One of the props for Halloween was my new Avatar of a Raven, now my friend thought I said raison Laughing Well I will be indulging in the bottled version of the raison later today Razz

Anyway, I think Asda have been having a snoop around these Turkish related sites and this is the second item they have come up with in the last 7 days, first the Abra Kebabra T. Shirt, now this raven, which I think is really appropriate for Halloween with its little beady eyes, it actually quite scary close up Twisted Evil

This old bird is flying off the shelves at 5 pounds which I think is rather expensive.

I am going to keep my eye on Asda from now on for more Turkish related items, I reacon they will be opening up anytime soon in Turkey, just like Tesco's Kipa. This brings me to another story, when Kipa first opened in Marmaris (there are two Kipa's now, another opened end August this year) the Datca Road was heaving with traffic and it was impossible to even get onto the car park, my companion said to me, 'forget it, Kipa's off' Laughing

Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Raven Bird Empty Re: Raven Bird

Post  Admin Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:07 pm

Hi Ruby,

Yes, they are horrible things aren't they? Crows. Are they crows? I think Ravens are Crows - but maybe I'm wrong? I know they live FOREVER - the Tower of London has Ravens in there who are supposedly over 100-years-old! What a Face

They're sort of like vultures, I believe, and make the most revolting noises. I can understand why they've adopted them for Halloween purposes......

Horrible creatures!

Strawbs
    Pollypecker
    Pollypecker

Post  Pollypecker Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:11 pm

I like all animals but ravens do scare me a bit when they fly and squeak affraid the park near me has some that fly about and scare the dogs and try and attack them,they are nasty for a bird Crying or Very sad what do they mean?

Pol
    Teenz
    Teenz

Post  Teenz Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:31 pm

They come and pick off the dead frogs off the road for breakfast when its crossing time, horrible ugly old birds

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:08 pm