Turkish Chatter

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Turkish Chatter

Discussion group for all women with Turkish men in their lives

3 posters

Children and Kimliks

ruby
    ruby

Children and Kimliks Empty Children and Kimliks

Post  ruby Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:42 am

Here we go again, not been on TL for almost a week and just had a look and the same old crap is being reshashed over and over again.

Who in their right mind would want their son to have dual nationality? OK, if you reside on a permanent basis in Turkey, then there really is no getting out of it, however, if you live in the UK why oh why oh why would you want to give your son dual nationality and sign up for a Kimlik?

There are absolutely no benefits for a child born in the UK to have dual nationality. If on a visit to Turkey a crisis develops, the dual national has no British protection as he/she is considered a national of Turkey. Furthermore, it infuriates me that these parents want to inflict National Service on a male child who has no say on the matter and will in all probability only be able to communicate the basics in Turkish i.e. hello, how are you, I am fine etc and do the occasional hand kiss.

Does it never cross the minds of these imbeciles when they strike up a lasting relationship and prior to marriage and having children to have a frank discussion with each other about how they intend to raise their child/ren?

This person states 'I want my son to have dual-nationality but haven't been able to do much research on it' Why did she not have this conversation with her partner/husband prior to procreating? Furthermore, now that she has smelt the coffee, why is she not now posing this question to the father of this child? Has he learning difficulties or is she merely disempowering him? Someone has even given her the link to the Turkish Embassy in London for goodness sakes, its no wonder I read so often that the staff at the Turkish Embassy tell the UK partner in an abrupt way to get their Turkish partner to call, it must infuriate them to have to listen to there half baked, idiotic questions, when their partners speak fluent Turkish and could quite easily make the call themselves, or even read the website to get most of their answers.

It takes me back a few years when I recall one woman going on a job interview with her husband and she felt he was unable to attend without her by his side ffs lol!

These men come to the UK and are treated as through they are unable to function without the other partner's assistance. Of course there is nothing wrong in giving help and guidance, showing people around, but to be their crutch and have to take over by writing on a website the ins and outs of a Kimlik and contacting the Turkish Embassy makes their partner's a laughing stock.

Years ago I had my handbag stolen in Tansas which contained my passport, it never once occurred to me to ask a Turk to go to the British Consulate and report my loss. Its exactly the same principle I am making about why would a UK woman want to involve herself with the Turkish Embassy when her husband is more than capable of doing so. confused

Ruby

Admin
    Admin

Children and Kimliks Empty Re: Children and Kimliks

Post  Admin Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:37 am

Good post, Ruby, and ecxellent point about a half-Turkish boy growing up in the UK and not speaking Turkish - then getting chucked into the Turkish army! Shocked

Of course, what this woman REALLY wants is a BADGE. A big fat badge called a kimlik - so she can hang it on a red ribbon and attach it to her lapel when she goes out - just so people will know she (or rather her son) has a Turkish connection! I don't know why she doesn't just have one tattood on her forehead - she won't lose it then.

Hey Ruby - I remember that woman going on a job interview with her husband! Embarassed I wonder what the interviewer thought?! How embarrassing! I bet her new pet 'hubby' was cringing - I bet he felt about 6-years-old! Haha!

Oh, can you imagine asking a Turk to go to the British Embassy and report your passport stolen?! lol You're right - these women phoning the Turkish Embassy over here is as ridiculous as that! What's even funnier is - these women are all as daft as a brush themselves - but they try to look all clever in front of their new shiny 'Hubbies' that they've ordered through the Internet, or picked up cheaply in the market! clown

Strawbs
    Teenz
    Teenz

Post  Teenz Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:32 pm

Wonder why she has the name MrsAK47? It seems a bit strange

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:39 pm