Turkish Chatter

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Turkish Chatter

Discussion group for all women with Turkish men in their lives

3 posters

Hated Rhodes

ruby
    ruby

Hated Rhodes Empty Hated Rhodes

Post  ruby Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:20 am

Whilst in Turkey, decided to take a day trip to Rhodes by catamaran. The best part of the trip was the smooth crossing both ways and the great duty free bargains at Marmaris port. Razz

As for Rhodes, I hated it. To be fair I did go there back in 1997 and thought what a doghole it was then, but decided to see if it had cleaned up its act. The answer to that is a categoric 'no'. The bins in the old town were overflowing, the streets were filthy, everything was mega expensive and the restaurants looked tacky.

Then took a short 20 minute taxi ride to Faliraki, party capital of Rhodes. The beach is lovely, Faliraki High Street is disgusting, in recession with half the building closed down, vomit in the gutters, aw I tell you what it was such a relief to get back to Rhodes port and board the cat back to Marmaris. As I was about to board the cat, the steward said 'make sure no Greek sand comes on board' and I know exactly where he was coming from.

Rhodes in my opinion is a filthy, expensive and disgusting doghole. affraid

Ruby
    hayleyvemehmet
    hayleyvemehmet

Hated Rhodes Empty Re: Hated Rhodes

Post  hayleyvemehmet Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:50 am

Sounds like Rhodes is on a parr with some of Englands finest areas Smile shame really but thats life at the moment.Best thing to do is never go again ruby and just stick with good old marmaris Smile i hope you had a nice helping of kunefe to get over the shock of such a trip lol x
    Turkishheartdrop
    Turkishheartdrop

Post  Turkishheartdrop Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:52 pm

May be something to do with the economy Rubes.......Rhodes new was like that when I hopped over....was pricy tho.....Faliraki is a dump but Lindos and rhoses town at the top are gorge imo.......
    ruby
    ruby

Post  ruby Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:13 am

Yeah probably right THD, the recession has hit Greece particularly bad and I knew what I was letting myself in for with Faliraki, Lindos is ok but its horrid the way those poor donkeys have to carry lardbuckets up those narrow street to the top of the hill pig , then they often return back down and stumble in the rush to get a treat and break their legs, poor donkeys Crying or Very sad

If tourists used their legs instead of humping their big fat arses onto those donkeys, that practice would cease.

Ruby
    Turkishheartdrop
    Turkishheartdrop

Post  Turkishheartdrop Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:48 pm

you dont see many donkeys in turkey do you......noticed that...........

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:07 am