Turkish Chatter

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Turkish Chatter

Discussion group for all women with Turkish men in their lives

5 posters

Diamond Jubilee Celebrations

ruby
    ruby

Diamond Jubilee Celebrations Empty Diamond Jubilee Celebrations

Post  ruby Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:12 am

Thought I would update you all on my Jubilee weekend and the reason I have been 'absent' from the site over the last few days.

My family and I went to London on Saturday for the Jubilee Celebrations. We had previously booked as is our tradition, afternoon tea at the Ritz. Gosh it was absolutely wonderful, so decadent and totally fitting for the commencement of such a wonderful celebration weekend. We next went to Harrods and had a browse around the store and purchased 6 Jubilee cupcakes even though they were £3.75 each Shocked . All the women staff at Harrods were wearing tiaras and the children in our party were all given complimentary Harrods Jubilee Flags.

We then had a trip on the London Eye to see the preparations for the Pageant the following day. Then we retired back to our hotel for a family get together and ordered a lovely meal of lobster followed by a glass or two of champagne.drunken

The next morning we enjoyed a leisurely breakfast, then made our way to the Tower of London. My uncle is a retired Yeoman of the Guard (Beefeater) and he had arranged for our party to have complimentary tickets in a private enclosed area overlooking the Thames. We were treated like royalty ourselves, it was such a wonderful experience. We had uninterrupted views of the pageant as it arrived at Tower Bridge. Of course, being in such a privileged seating area, the weather did not affect our enjoyment and I kept my consumption of champagne to a minimum of 2 glasses Laughing

The fireworks on Tower Bridge were a sight to behold and the whole event will remain with me for the rest of my life. I am also thrilled that the children were able to join in with such an important event in such an elite seating area. I don’t think there will ever be another Diamond Jubilee in this country and I'm just sad that the event was marred by the Duke of Edinburgh being taken to hospital.

How did everyone else celebrate the Jubilee?

Ruby
    Maria
    Maria

Diamond Jubilee Celebrations Empty Re: Diamond Jubilee Celebrations

Post  Maria Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:15 am

Rubes your celebrations sounds the bees knees girl!! queen queen queen queen Your a lucky thing you,, having all that special treatment seats and champers drunken it must of been great seeing all that, we will never have another diamond jubilee so its more special somehow.
    I wish mine was as good as yours but fraid not Neutral to be fair it was good..we went up to my folks where they had a street do and it was on the green too so that was good, we had hot dogs and burgers with a bbq and drinks, I had a lot to drink as you must drunken wish I could of got down to London tho!!
    Did you see Strawbs when you was there? she seems to been away for ages, missing her I am....whats she up to? I sent her 2 msgs but she never replys

Maria x
    ruby
    ruby

Post  ruby Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:09 am

Maria wrote:Rubes your celebrations sounds the bees knees girl!! queen queen queen queen Your a lucky thing you,, having all that special treatment seats and champers drunken it must of been great seeing all that, we will never have another diamond jubilee so its more special somehow.
    I wish mine was as good as yours but fraid not Neutral to be fair it was good..we went up to my folks where they had a street do and it was on the green too so that was good, we had hot dogs and burgers with a bbq and drinks, I had a lot to drink as you must drunken wish I could of got down to London tho!!
    Did you see Strawbs when you was there? she seems to been away for ages, missing her I am....whats she up to? I sent her 2 msgs but she never replys

Maria x

Hi Maria

Yes Strawbs and I met briefly outside Harrods on the Saturday. We went into Harrods and indulged in a coffee and had a good old catch up and exchanged news, unfortunately, she had to leave after about 3/4 of an hour as she had a prior engagement to attend. She has done so well on her diet and looks absolutely gorgeous, a real genuine hour glass figure that most women would die for including myself Razz

I have been in touch with her regularly since, she is just glowing.

Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:16 am

Oh, Ruby!!

For a second there I thought you were going to say we exchanged VOWS!!! Razz

Aaw, thank you for your lovely compliment! Gosh, I almost blushed and came over all giddy!!! drunken

You looked wonderful, too - and your grandchildren are beautiful!! You must be so, so proud of them! They are delightful!

It was so lovely meeting up - even though I couldn't stay long - but I'll make it up to you when you come down for the weekend..... drunken

Strawbs
    ruby
    ruby

Post  ruby Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:50 am

More like a little Spanish flea alien

Strawbs your sparkling eyes are locked on Italy, I can tell, I so want to visit Italy myself now you have given me the lowdown it sounds more romantic than Paris and I am sick of my vicar I love you

Rubes
    Turkishheartdrop
    Turkishheartdrop

Post  Turkishheartdrop Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:24 pm

wtf is going on...........can one of you tell me.....this feels like snooping on a private convo.......is this a joke?....
    hyatum
    hyatum

Post  hyatum Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:21 am

Strawbs,

Sounds like you did something amazing.....do tell, so we can share in your achievement? cheers

Nicks

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:23 am