Turkish Chatter

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Turkish Chatter

Discussion group for all women with Turkish men in their lives

5 posters

gold and the cost

hayleyvemehmet
    hayleyvemehmet

gold and the cost  Empty gold and the cost

Post  hayleyvemehmet Mon May 21, 2012 7:42 am

Sooo as a few of you know i was going to treat myself to a thick gold bangle with boncuks in it whilst on hols.a few years ago i had seen a really lovely bracelet and promised myself i would get it next time.well three years later i go back armed with money to seek the bracelet and was horrified at how much the price of gold has gone up.there i was thinking yh ill get a 22 kt gold bangle but i found a 14kt one with my boncuks made into a big loveheart and it worked out at £472.00 i thought ok i like it but i needed a bit more from hubby to top up my fund,which he agreed to.I thought about it after and i have to admit it just seemed so greedy for something i wouldnt wear all the time.i decided i wouldnt get it and plumped for a lovely gold boncuk ring instead ( hubby treated and i still had my fund )when we were about to come home i decided i would get a thin bracelet with my boncuks in as i had some money left and i will post a pic when i can as promised.but a warning to anyone the gold is really expensive now especially 22 kt.it does surprise me though how many girls were wearing big coin bracelets,i can only imagine its from wedding gifts :/ so although im happy with my purchases i cant show anything out of this world x
    SozzledSally
    SozzledSally

gold and the cost  Empty Re: gold and the cost

Post  SozzledSally Tue May 22, 2012 12:37 am

Hayley I heard gold has gone up over there now Sad
    You bought what you liked tho so thats the main thing and its a nice memory as well. Cant wait to see the pic of it!! Very Happy 22ct gold is well nice but 14ct is great as well, better than 9 over here lol

Sal x
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Tue May 22, 2012 5:55 pm

Hi Hayley,

I'm sure the bracelet you chose is lovely! It doesn't have to be all thick and chunky - in fact, I think finer jewellery often looks much more elegant.

I'm not surprised the price of gold has risen in Turkey - gold has gone up everywhere - so Turkey wouldn't be exempt. Although the quality of gold in Turkey is often better than the standard gold we buy here, and it is usually cheaper - but it seems that's not the case now, then?

I bought a gold bracelet in Turkey, I think around 2005/6? It's only 14 carat, but in all honesty some of the 22carat gold looks far too trashy to me - deep yellow! It's also softer and can distort more easily. The bracelet I bought cost approximately £300 (just under, I think) and I had it valued last year when all the gold prices shot up and was thrilled when the jeweller said it was worth over five times that! What a result!! I'm not selling it, though - I really like it. It is chunkier than I would normally wear, but as soon as I saw it I just had to have it. When people see it for the first time they're not sure if it's costume jewellery as it's so big! Embarassed

Nothing wrong in flashing the bling, though! haha

Do put your pictures up, Hayley, would love to see what you chose...... Smile

Strawbs
    Turkishheartdrop
    Turkishheartdrop

Post  Turkishheartdrop Tue May 22, 2012 7:24 pm

look forward to seeing your jewel pics Hatley.......sounds like its nice.....wanna see yours as well Strawbs......

ruby
    ruby

Post  ruby Wed May 23, 2012 2:47 am

Hi Hayley

Its often the case that 'less looks more'. You see some women with great big vulgar chains, often with horrid dolls hanging from them, along with a combo of other tacky Argos rubbish hanging around their scraggy old necks or flabby wrists.

Your bangle sounds absolutely delightful and more so that your hubby bought it for you which means that its actually priceless.

Enjoy it, and lets have a peep when you get settled back in. Oh and enjoy this lovely weather whilst we have got it. sunny Your return to the UK has been timed perfectly. What was the weather like in Turkey?

Ruby
    hayleyvemehmet
    hayleyvemehmet

Post  hayleyvemehmet Wed May 23, 2012 8:39 am

The weather when we got there was horrendous.It was really chilly when we first arrived and the next morning it was thundering and lightening and pouring hard :/ it did warm up a bit and some days were quite hot but the evenings chilled.we had more thunder and lightening during the week,so i didnt get much of a tan.like i explained to my friends we were on a family visit not a proper holiday so the chances of sunbathing especially with a baby were out of the question.ruby and strawbs do read my other post update number 2 you will see how much more went on in my week :/ xx

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:45 pm