Turkish Chatter

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Turkish Chatter

Discussion group for all women with Turkish men in their lives

+3
Teenz
Turkishheartdrop
hayleyvemehmet
7 posters

Euro lottery winner,is it you?

hayleyvemehmet
    hayleyvemehmet

Euro lottery winner,is it you? Empty Euro lottery winner,is it you?

Post  hayleyvemehmet Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:07 am

Well girls there is a winner out there who has not claimed yet,its said the ticket was bought in kent ( my area) sooooo the first dreadful thought that crossed my mind was hope its not my ex husband Smile yes it would really p... me off as he would love rubbing that in.i made sure hubby checked his ticket but it was a no win and im sad because really i would love to be spending that! sooo what would we buy first? would you go public? would you tell your own family? i personally wouldn't reveal publicly but i would tell my family and help them out.put mum in a nice care home lol noooo joking but would treat her so much as she deserves it.but i would keep it from my neighbours one side of us as they are scroungers and i couldnt keep thinking of excuses to why they should f... off Smile sooo what would you do girls?
    Turkishheartdrop
    Turkishheartdrop

Euro lottery winner,is it you? Empty Re: Euro lottery winner,is it you?

Post  Turkishheartdrop Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:23 am

A few peoples gone absent on here.......... Shocked mmmmmmmmm
    Hayley that happened to my mate in 2000...about 6 months after her divorce her ex husband who was a prison officer won about 200 grand pale Bad timing girl! silent
    Teenz
    Teenz

Post  Teenz Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:57 am

Its been claimed, by one very happy person.

Michelle78
    Michelle78

Post  Michelle78 Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:11 am

ME NEXT bounce
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:08 pm

Hi Hayley,

Oooooh that's not small change is it?! tongue

I suppose winning such a vast amount would just be so overwhelming, even if they were rich to start with. I bet even the likes of Richard Branson bought a few tickets just for the fun of it! It's just such a lot of money!

I'm sure Camelot will whisk the winner off into hiding until it's sunk in how much they've won. But then again they do love their publicity, so I'm sure they'll encourage the winner to go public eventually. I suppose it depends on who the person is - if they've got skeletons in their cupboard they'll probably try and remain anonymous - but it will be very difficult.

I read somewhere that the average lotto winner who wins a really big prize usually invests the majority of it - after they've given their relatives/friends gifts, and donated gifts to charities etc. And depending on their lifestyle prior to the win determines what they trade up to. For example, someone living in a small 3-bed terrace will move up to a 6-bed detached in the closest posh area to where they're already living, whereas someone living in a large detached house will move up to a much grander house set in its own grounds etc. It seems that most winners just jump up a few notches from what they've already got. I did read of one lottery winner who bought a big house in a lovely area, not that far from where they already lived on a housing estate, but they couldn't settle in - they felt uncomfortable in their new surroundings - and so moved back to where they came from.

I suppose there would be so much jealousy going on around you, hangers-on etc, that you'd have to really decide who your true friends were and scrub out the problem ones. But with a £160M win you could easily afford to make your closest friends and family millionaires in their own right - so that will keep all them happy! Razz I'm not sure what all these people with 5789 friends on Facebook will do! lol It would only cost me about £15M to keep my lot happy (that's without my closest family of course) and when you're that kind of rich you want people around you who don't feel resentful or embarrassed - they'll be able to buy their round in the pub so to speak - and invite you round to their place without feeling awkward.

I think if I won that sort of money I'd invest a lot of it in art, diamonds, gems, gold, property - ooooh the list goes on. I'd possibly buy a small island somewhere in the Caribbean and make myself Queen! queen I wonder if you can do that?! Blimey, I'd be skint by the time I did all that! lol Oh, I'd charter yachts and private planes and travel all over the place - see the world in total luxury - and would start up my own charity of some sort for children. Although I'd give some to charities, anyway, I'd like to make sure the money was getting to the right people - so I'd start my own one up and make sure it was being run properly. That would keep me out of mischief I'm sure!

Strawbs
    hayleyvemehmet
    hayleyvemehmet

Post  hayleyvemehmet Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:48 am

oh well its been claimed by a nice hardworking couple so lets say they deserve it Smile i hope it keeps them happy and together as money is in some ways quite evil.so many people fall out or split up over money its unreal that the majority of the time it can make you more miserable than someone who lives on a very tight budget.good luck to them and lets just say i have got my ticket for tonight Smile x
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:10 pm

Hi Hayley,

I agree with you - the couple who won it seem really nice, normal and kind. I'm so glad some tosspot didn't win it!

I don't agree with you, though, that having money can make you more miserable than having to live on a tight budget. Lack of money, scrimping and scraping, debts - or just not having enough money to do the things you want - are far more detrimental to a relationship than having too much money.....

Strawbs

Maria
    Maria

Post  Maria Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:47 pm

If only that had been me winning all that money Crying or Very sad I do think it's too much money and should be shared our more farely, they will never spend all that. Agree too about lack of money causing more problems than having too much for sure.

Maria
    hayleyvemehmet
    hayleyvemehmet

Post  hayleyvemehmet Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:02 am

hi strawbs,maria yep i do agree actually that lack of money is worse than having loads but sometimes couples that are on a tight budget and then come into money find it causes all sorts of arguments and can lead to more misery.it really depends on your strength as a couple i guess but im still glad like you said strawbs that the win was to a nice couple.i also agree with you maria that the prize fund is too much and it should be shared out in a better way.i mean please £2.80 approx for two numbers is silly,on that roll over it could have been put up for two and three numbers.nevermind ill still play because like the they say you have to be in it to win it Smile xx
    ruby
    ruby

Post  ruby Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:44 am

Well as I was AWOL I just wish I could now announce it was me, then I would treat you all to a holiday of your dream (not the lurkers, you will still be dangling from my wooden dolls affraid ), but alas, my time has not yet come (btw not a Hale Bopp quote).

I am confident it will though, I have always had the feeling that I will have a big win on the Lottery, so onwards and upwards Very Happy

Ruby
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:31 am

Oooh I hope you do win, Ruby! We'll hold you to the holday too! Smile It's funny you saying you've always had a feeling you'll win the big one - nearly all the lottery winners I've read about have said that too. Like a Star @ heaven When Ertie realised he hadn't won it I told him to look on the bright side "You've got ME" I said "What would you rather have? £160Million pounds or me?!" silent And he roared out laughing! Haha!

Hayley, I'm glad that couple won it - they seem a lovely couple. I have read some jealous comments in the papers, and a friend of mine was very bitchy about them - some people just can't hide their jealousy. The people I feel sorry for are their neighbours = they're never going to win the big one now are they?! Sad I bet they're feeling all gloomy - but they'll be telling the papers WHAT A LOVELY COUPLE THEY ARE who won it! Wink wink, nudge nudge!

Strawbs
    Maria
    Maria

Post  Maria Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:16 pm

Yes.............those poor neighbors. They must be gutted! Crying or Very sad Lightning never strikes twice...bloody hell they'll have to move!

Maria

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content